PDA

View Full Version : Front plastic bumper not fitting with my Racing Dynamics Front spoiler:(

E30gal
09-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi everyone,

So... getting my ride painted was a mission and a half and in the end I got majorly screwed by the body shop guy! I had to take my car elsewhere to finish getting painted. Not only did it cost me a lot more money... but I was without my car for over 2 months! :(
So... now my car's all painted and ready to go... however, the front plastic bumper I purchased doesn't not fit with my Racing Dynamics front spoiler. :(
I can't tell u how frustrated I am! *uzi*
Does anyone have any suggestions or maybe know of a good shop to take it to?

Thanks,
Michelle

W2WDETAILING
09-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone,

So... getting my ride painted was a mission and a half and in the end I got majorly screwed by the body shop guy! I had to take my car elsewhere to finish getting painted. Not only did it cost me a lot more money... but I was without my car for over 2 months! :(
So... now my car's all painted and ready to go... however, the front plastic bumper I purchased doesn't not fit with my Racing Dynamics front spoiler. :(
I can't tell u how frustrated I am! *uzi*
Does anyone have any suggestions or maybe know of a good shop to take it to?

Thanks,
Michelle
post up some pictures and how doesent it fit?

matty.dc
09-08-2009, 08:32 PM
there are two options here....either the front spoiler is of extremely poor quality or the front spoiler is made for a pre- 88 car.

mirek
09-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Isn't that something you check before you have it painted?

adam325i
09-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Thats why i do all my work myself, only one person to blame.. yourself.

post up pics so we can see how bad it is.

Robb
09-11-2009, 09:24 PM
I hate stories like this !

Whereabouts on the city are you located ?

SamE30e
09-12-2009, 06:05 PM
I hate stories like this !

Whereabouts on the city are you located ?

Git er dun.

Bimmer Heaven
09-13-2009, 05:08 AM
This is why good bodyshops test fit ALL parts before painting!!! The old valence may need to be removed (or modified) for the RD to fit...

E30gal
09-14-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm located in Scarborough. Sorry about not posting any pics yet... I "just" got my car back... and am facing daily struggles with it... especially becausethe previous shop lost a bunch of screws and bolts as well! They actually also stole my car battery and replaced it with a old crappy one... hence why my car was barely starting. :(
I can't tell you guys how much I love this car... I actually can't believe this has happened especially with all the money I've spent on it!

davericher20
09-15-2009, 01:19 AM
wow that f***ing sucks, I hope you win the lottery and share it with me.

Shop name. Now.

BMW BMXer
09-15-2009, 06:58 AM
What shop did you go with? Sounds like their attention to detail is lacking.

dmytro
09-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Yeah I think if you mentioned the name of the shop, many others can avoid the disappointment in the future. *thmbsdwn* bad reputation will hurt them!