PDA

View Full Version : E36 Aftermarket stereo, and sub install help..

moogles
08-19-2009, 03:15 PM
I need to hook an RCA from the aftermarket stereo to the amp in my trunk...

i just dont know how and where to feed the wire...

to my understanding, i just follow the harness from my amp through the rear passenger seat behind the driver... but i dont know where to go from there...

i dont want to rip out unnecessary carpeting or trims...

also, if there is an efficient and safe way to remove the clips....

please and thanks!

mirek
08-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Run it through the center console, under the carpet, and under the rear seat into the trunk.

E30 Girl
08-19-2009, 04:29 PM
^^I second that...when I did my install that is the way I did mine the stuff comes out really easy the worst part is getting it under the carpet that is over the hump in the middle. My tip that worked well get a metal hanger pull it apart with a hook on the end and then tape it in a loop so it doesn't get caught on the isulation under the carpet.

moogles
08-20-2009, 09:55 AM
thanks for the replies...

im still not a 100% sure... when you say the center console, do you also mean the cupholder console?

i'd really appreciate it if someone had some pics to show me? thank you so much!!

feel free to draw lines on the image below.. i just found it online...

http://www.bmwheritage.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/1995_e36_interior.jpg

E30 Girl
08-20-2009, 11:04 AM
You take the whole center console apart where the shifter/cup holders and ash tray and then the carpet over the hump in the center in the back will be exposed the back seat just pops up it's held with two clips.

moogles
08-20-2009, 01:22 PM
oh okay... thank you. i will try that....

and it just pops up with a metal coat hanger?

E30 Girl
08-20-2009, 05:58 PM
No you use the hanger to pull the cables under the carpet...maybe you should get someone to do this if you're not sure.

moogles
08-20-2009, 08:00 PM
^^;;;

i'll try and if i really cant get it or im totally lost, i'll seek help... someone was supposed to help me from this forum, but i cant seem to get a hold of him...

B-mZ
09-27-2009, 08:06 PM
are you haveing trouble getting the rca's into the deck itself? the easyest way run the wires if you not sure is along the side under those little black trim things along the carpet up the rear seat and through the middle arm rest through to the trunk

tg07lq
11-10-2009, 08:47 PM
its much simpler IMHO to pull the side trim and run up that way, also you dont have the console pressing down on wires, and you dont have to worry about interference with mechanical parts or any of that, did it for my sedan recently and it was super easy, even had a gromet plate in it already! very much enjoyed doing this install, i also ran 3 sets of rcas this way so no worry for space.

tominizer
03-30-2010, 08:33 AM
"^Agreed........ run it down the passenger side. That's what I usually do. Actually, I take out the passenger seat as it makes life a hell of a lot easier. Rear seat base pops out easy too. By doing these two things, your life is made a lot easier. IF you're running RCA's, don't forget your trigger wire too !!

E36kev
04-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Should go though driver side. The main power line for your car goes up the passager side(which will cause interferance). I ran 3also with lots of space.

archrival
04-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Ran three sets up the driver's side as well. If you pull the back of the rear seat off there is a grommet that harnesses feed through so you can pull your RCAs through there.