PDA

View Full Version : bmwm5lover and Mystikal on the track at TMP

Fel
07-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Finally got the video trimmed and uploaded!!

I was riding shotgun in Terry's car and tried to capture it the best I could... There is a little bit of shaky camera, but I tried my best to keep it steady despite the fact that I was getting thrown around.... Jay makes his appearance around the 1:45 mark.

Make sure you catch the very end of the video... haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Hvtvxojgo

ShortShifter
07-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Nice vid...so whats the story with Jay getting black flagged??

JunzieB
07-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Nice vid capture Fel.

I was the E36 in your guys' way when Jay showed up in the vid.:D

I had to pull over like a nice gentleman because i knew my ass would be slowing you guys down.*shiner*

Fel
07-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Haha, that was you? Awesome.... yeah we were in a bit of a hurry. :D

Bullet Ride
07-26-2009, 08:44 PM
A set of track comp pads and some SS lines is in check for the e34.
Nice footage though.

bmwm5lover
07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
The M5 is running Brembo Slotted and HP+ Pads.
It's just a heavy mother****er and was getting pushed pretty hard, they never failed, but they were definitely working overtime. I can only imagine what would happen if I had the stockies.

Bullet Ride
07-27-2009, 12:21 AM
It just seemed like you were having to brake really early, but if you were starting to get fade then it's understandable. With stock brakes you'll have fade after a few laps of aggressive driving and you risk glazing the rotors.

And you think the e34 M5 is heavy... put 3 200lb dudes in the back and then you'll have an e39 M5 (in terms of weight) lol

JunzieB
07-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Haha, that was you? Awesome.... yeah we were in a bit of a hurry. :D

lol. After you guys passed i decided i was oing to try to keep up but then we hit the straight by the pits and i gave up. lol

Eurostyle
07-27-2009, 01:20 AM
That was a fun way to end the day! Good thing we dont have footage of Jay passing me like i was standing still...ROFL

lvan
07-27-2009, 04:00 AM
I don't get what happened. I could just hear BS. Jay was talking something about the very last lap...

Fel
07-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Yeah, apparently he was black flagged for "entering the track dangerously", whatever that means. He must have come on right behind us, but we didn't even notice him and there wasn't anyone really there behind us.... plus he managed to get 3 laps in before being taken off, so who knows why they really yanked him.... jealousy?

bmwm5lover
07-27-2009, 10:34 AM
It just seemed like you were having to brake really early, but if you were starting to get fade then it's understandable. With stock brakes you'll have fade after a few laps of aggressive driving and you risk glazing the rotors.

And you think the e34 M5 is heavy... put 3 200lb dudes in the back and then you'll have an e39 M5 (in terms of weight) lol

I did my laps in ~5 lap segments, towards the 4-5 lap, I could feel that there was that little bit of fade, not terribly bad, but definitely feel it, the brakes never failed me, but I wanted to be cautious. They did return back to normal VERY quickly though, I must say that. Overall I am happy and confident in them.
As a side note, in some of those laps you see, I was being very careful, I haven't been on a track in like 2-3 years, and not with the M5, so I didn't want to run it off the road.

In all of those videos there were 2 or 3 adults in the vehicle(not counting me). I was never bymyself. I must say that I was very impressed with the car, the balance, the handling, the whole package was just making me feel fairly confident. I must say I need better tires, something stickier and more "worthy". LOL

Jay getting Black Flagged was utter BS. I don't think he did anything dangerous at any time.

Mystikal
07-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Not bad for stretched 215 all-season tires, eh?

I was black flagged because one of the officials went on a power trip. Basically after 6-7 cars were already on track, she said to me "I hope you don't think you're going on the track" as she was walking up to the main gate. When I said yes, and that I (as well as everyone else who just went on the track) have a wristband and have been given the green light by the head marshall as well as Randy, she went and spoke with the other official there. In this time, I lined up behind Rob (red E30), as he was also being held up at the gate and had signed up with me. After the two officials, now together, chatted for a bit, they moved out of the way to let us go on track. I merged on track about 30 seconds after Rob, with absolutely no cars within sight on the main straight. After around 15 mins of safe lapping, the marshall black flagged me.

What it comes down to is that it appears that she really just wanted to go home, and, after realizing that has no grounds to stop our entire group from lapping, decided to do the next best thing and pull me off. Not one other car/driver were penalized for anything. It didn't make much sense, but I did get about 7 laps in at least.

To another track we go!

DriveItSideways
07-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Not bad for stretched 215 all-season tires, eh?

I was black flagged because one of the officials went on a power trip. Basically after 6-7 cars were already on track, she said to me "I hope you don't think you're going on the track" as she was walking up to the main gate. When I said yes, and that I (as well as everyone else who just went on the track) have a wristband and have been given the green light by the head marshall as well as Randy, she went and spoke with the other official there. In this time, I lined up behind Rob (red E30), as he was also being held up at the gate and had signed up with me. After the two officials, now together, chatted for a bit, they moved out of the way to let us go on track. I merged on track about 30 seconds after Rob, with absolutely no cars within sight on the main straight. After around 15 mins of safe lapping, the marshall black flagged me.

What it comes down to is that it appears that she really just wanted to go home, and, after realizing that has no grounds to stop our entire group from lapping, decided to do the next best thing and pull me off. Not one other car/driver were penalized for anything. It didn't make much sense, but I did get about 7 laps in at least.

To another track we go!

Jay, the car sounds sick bro!! I love that exhaust. Come to dunnville with me this sunday.*wave*

c4sh
07-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Jay, the car sounds sick bro!! I love that exhaust. Come to dunnville with me this sunday.*wave*

+1 i never knew the e36 m3 exhaust sounded so nice

calegrant
07-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Looked like a blast! I'm gonna get some new rubber on the subie I just bought and hopefully I'll make it out to a track day here. By what I saw are helmets not mandatory?

Mystikal
07-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Okay I forgave you for having your wedding on Caribana sunday last year, and now you want me to go to the track? I should slap you! :huh?:

+1 i never knew the e36 m3 exhaust sounded so nice
Thanks! It's not stock though.

DriveItSideways
07-28-2009, 09:55 AM
hmm, I guess that means its my anniversary. Thanks for reminding me!*shiner*

R_JAY
07-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Wow, love the sound of the M5!

c4sh
07-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Okay I forgave you for having your wedding on Caribana sunday last year, and now you want me to go to the track? I should slap you! :huh?:

Thanks! It's not stock though.

what is it ?

Mystikal
07-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Custom setup I designed and had my friend at Noyz Boyz build. It's...loud. :)