PDA

View Full Version : my new 1995 318i

W2WDETAILING
07-12-2009, 08:23 PM
so this is the e36 that i picked up for really really really cheap. :D it needs some work but the under body is very clean and the only rust infecting the alp wiesis sedan is surface. The car is a 5 speed, it has about 300,000km all original. The interior looks like its from 1995 its immaculate! So this weekend i started on the surface rust. sanded and used a steel brush to get as much of the rust off as i could. i spent 3 hours Saturday claying the car, with an aggressive clay. all of the rust specks were removed. i also cleaned the e36 bottle cap style rims. here are a few pics of my project. i am keeping the car all original except for maby a zhp shift knob*wave*.

as you can see in the pics the portion under the trunk was cleaned of surface rust. prepped with rust killer then painted with an enamel rust paint. the shade is slightly off but it doesn't bother me it looks a hell of allot better then it did before. and all of the rust streaks on the trunk lid were removed using the clay*th-up*

T-Pain
07-13-2009, 05:46 PM
hmm nice car...what year is it?

Ihavenocar
07-13-2009, 07:52 PM
^^ hehe 95 :P

BMW_7
07-13-2009, 11:42 PM
really good work

R.S.C
07-14-2009, 01:49 AM
What kinda plans do you have for her?

W2WDETAILING
07-14-2009, 07:50 AM
What kinda plans do you have for her?

well for now i plan on keeping it mostly stock because it does have 300,000km when the engine goes i might do a swap but for now im just dealing with some of the surface rust and the headliner needs some attention since it is a white car i was thinking of getting euro tails but i haven"t looked at pics yet

Ihavenocar
07-14-2009, 09:10 PM
tell me how your swap goes and more stuff about it cus im thinking about doing a swap too

ericdalinda
07-14-2009, 11:16 PM
keep the badges when you do the swap. its hilarious watching victims thinking there up against a 318.

Ihavenocar
07-14-2009, 11:17 PM
^^^lmao i plan on doing that

W2WDETAILING
08-02-2009, 01:31 AM
some more pics. i havent been able to work on the car for a while since ive been away i picked up a new hood seal, trunklid almost no rust, roundels and a e39 style trunk lip :p for a really good price.

so far this is what i have spent on the car

95 318i.....$750
paint & prep materials around $30
trunklid, e39 style lip, 2 roundels, mint hood seal. $50

work done so far.
shampood whole interior cleaned seats and dash
claybar'd whole vehicle
removed the biggest rust issue
changed the front springs/struts with used ones that came with the sale of the car.

whats to come..... in the next few weeks

oil change
Coolant flush and change at bmw toronto
tierods
some more rust removal
side skirts to cover up some rust on the bottom of the fenders rust will be treated however prior to installing the skirts.

and another pic as a tease. just goes to show how MINT the interior of this car is esp the seats!