BR, GN/BR, RD/BU

Black Conn - 4 pin 2 wires
VI/GY, BK/GY

And the 2 connectors I have in the glove box are different:
Black Conn - 4 pin 2 wires
BK/RD, BK/VI
Black Conn - 2 pin 1 wire
GN/BK

Can anyone identify these for me? I currently have them disconnected as the connectors do no fit correctly and the connectors/wires on the parts car this harness came from were different.

I've scoured the bentley for obvious signs of these wires but came up with nothing so far. I assume they possibly go to the OBC?

Help and suggestions for testing are appreciated.

Ceeker
06-28-2009, 01:45 PM
man are you getting deep into the situation...I have no idea...you might need an electrical schematic for e30 to figure that out. When I worked for them they had hard cover loop binder books for each model troubleshooting and diagrams for wiring.

if you know someone at a dealership; they might be nice and lend this out to you - it's not like they'll need it anytime soon.

best of luck.

supernaught
06-28-2009, 04:26 PM
I know noone at the dealership, and the nearest one to me is Whitby.
I have plenty of electrical schematics for the e30, but its hard to reference 'two connectors with some coloured wires' to something in the drawings. I'm looking for something obvious but nothing so far.
I figured these wires would have been deciphered by guys during swaps and engine management.
someone throw me a bone on this, it would be appreciated.

pierre²
06-29-2009, 12:27 AM
http://www.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/index.html

supernaught
06-29-2009, 12:29 AM
http://www.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/index.html

ya, tried

ZiMMie
06-29-2009, 12:33 AM
ya, tried
^ No u didnt.

Look again. :)

it also helps if u post what year the body/engine harness are from. But its in the ETM.

supernaught
06-29-2009, 12:45 AM
sure I did. And I'm sure the answer is there, but I don;t know where or how to find it. I looked on 8000-3 and saw the splice point(likely near S107/S700) and then checked the connector views page 8500-8 and it looks like the one for C107/C131/C136.
But there is no way to reference this to a schematic or circuit type from either of these. I looked through every drawing in my Bentley and did not find either a splice point or the connector number.
Granted it would be a lot eaier to find if I knew what components I was looking for but thats the main idea.
If you know something I don't, please elaborate. I'm not looking for more drawings that I have, I'm wondering what the wires/connectors are for. Feel free to point out the obvious in the drawing that I overlooked.
Cheers
Rob

Also saw C131 and C136 in 7000-8 a the ones im looking for, but what are they used for?

supernaught
06-29-2009, 01:41 AM
it also helps if u post what year the body/engine harness are from. But its in the ETM.

right, thought I posted that. I've asked about it so many times I missed it this time.

1989 325IX auto(08/88) and the new harness is from an 89 IX auto(10/88)

so if its in the ETM, where?

reason is I have a no start issue and want to know if these wires are related. If you are sure the answer is there, please point the way. Do you know the connectors I'm talking about?

InfiniteDice
06-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Interesting, unfortunately I onlyhave electrical TS docs for my car. Some of those wires go to the Instrument cluster.

Why not trace the wires back to the harness connection and find out the pin# it will be easier to find on a schematic.

supernaught
06-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Interesting, unfortunately I onlyhave electrical TS docs for my car. Some of those wires go to the Instrument cluster.

Why not trace the wires back to the harness connection and find out the pin# it will be easier to find on a schematic.

At fist glance the wires looked they they went out through the firewall into the engine bay. But after a couple hours of looking over drawings and reference tables, I think they are to tie a couple things from the main harness to the engine harness.
C131 I believe is the Park/Neutral signal to the ECU. I'm pretty sure thi is why my car won't start.
C136 I am pretty sure is related to the A/C, to tell the ECU to run the engine a little harder to compensate for the condenser when in use.

I will know soon enough. All I need to do is check continuity to the engine harness connector, then V on the wire when in P/R/N in RUN.

Will keep you updated.

supernaught
06-29-2009, 06:36 PM
I got it figured out. Thanks for the help guys. It was the connectors as described above. Once C131 was wired to Pin 42 on the ECU, the car fired right up.

Thanks
Rob