PDA

View Full Version : LF: e30 Front diff 4:10 and/or center transfer case.

Ceeker
06-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Yet to be determined.........I may need a 4:10 front diff and or a transfer case which I have heard seems to be more the common problem with IX's.
Would someone have a spare from a parts car they want to possibly sell.
My car drives no problem but front wheels are not free spinning right now.
Better gas mileage mind you but no power to the front wheels.

thx.

propr'one
06-25-2009, 01:41 PM
its very unlikely that not getting any power to the front wheels is the result of a blown diff. Much more likely that your viscous coupler in your TC is ****ed. Or the splines on the driveshaft could be worn/****ed.

furyriderX and supernaught are good people to contact for iX parts. I'm almost positive greg (furyriderX) has a spare front 4.10 diff and auto t-case.

Ceeker
06-25-2009, 02:00 PM
There is a shaft with a spline end about 1.5 feet in length 1" diameter and has a plate with 3 holes on it in the trunk. The spline looks fine so most likely something internal? suspect it was slipping and disconnected the front wheel drive?

propr'one
06-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Ok, so your front driveshaft is disconnected. (if the shaft is in the trunk the TC is not attached to the front diff.)

Your VC is almost definatly blown.

Ceeker
06-25-2009, 05:13 PM
good to know..thank you.. LOL..

Now I need to find one huh?

supernaught
06-25-2009, 06:27 PM
i think there is still a couple guys on e30tech parting out IXes, take a look over there. They will likely be in the states though.

Ceeker
06-30-2009, 12:34 PM
bump:

ok, still looking for an auto VC transfer case that is "working" and taken care of. (Grin)