PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Turbo Kits??

safgreen36
06-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Looking to order an ebay turbo kit anyone have any dealings with ebay parts?

everlast
06-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Intercoolers / piping = good.
Manifold = poor fit, require modifications to make work, but in the end acceptable
Turbo = typically cheap / poor, but many last well beyond expectations
Wastegate / BOV / boost controllers = bad, typically poor copies of older designs

The largest problem with ebay kits is their lack of solution for fuel / spark control and other supporting mods. Even top notch quality components will fail almost right away without:

- wideband O2 sensor & controller
- much larger injectors
- new ecu control of fuel / spark (typically stand alone engine management or custom chip)
- full exhaust solution (downpipe, larger pipes, new cat, high flow muffler, $$)
- oil supply and drain solution for turbo (and water supply too if water cooled turbo)

These things are the most challenging to a turbo build, which the ebay kit completely fails to address.

safgreen36
06-21-2009, 04:03 PM
thanks alot bro ...i might just piece on togeather it might be better

spoony_prelude
06-21-2009, 05:36 PM
^^^Your much better off getting piece by piece. Ebay kits are cheap for a reason.

Jay

spooling
06-23-2009, 12:52 AM
+1 buy good quality parts, peice by peice. Just remember you get what you pay for.
On that note, if you plan on doing a rising rate fuel pressure regulator I have one for sale. New unused and still wrapped in original packaging. it is a 10:1 adjustable FMU from SPA turbo.

Let me know, I have a bunch of silicone couplers, clamps, and some spare intercooler piping.

"k"car man
06-26-2009, 03:44 PM
I got the manifold and turbo off e-bay and peiced the rest, if you need a manifold I have one for sale it's new bought it awhile ago off another forum for $250.00 will take 200.00 obo if you need it.