PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking...

Starsky
06-12-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with the central locks in my 89 ix.

Using the key, when I lock the car from the drivers door, I can unlock it from the trunk, but not passenger door. It acts like the double lock feature is active on the passenger door, but it is not.

Everything else works properly.

Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting this??

thanks

Ceeker
06-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Jamie, it sounds like your pass door lock actuator is messing up. when you lock from the drivers side do the pass side locks go down as well and also when you unlock from the drivers side do they go up. Is the problem only from the trunk lock?

Starsky
06-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Jamie, it sounds like your pass door lock actuator is messing up. when you lock from the drivers side do the pass side locks go down as well and also when you unlock from the drivers side do they go up.

The locks always lock or unlock on all four doors and the trunk no matter which spot I do it from. The problem is only with the pass door lock when I lock the car from the driver side with the key. When I do this, I can not turn the key in the passenger side lock to unlock the car. The key works fine in the passenger door lock to lock the car. The key also works fine to unlock the car from the passenger side door as long as the car was locked from the trunk or the passenger lock. Something is not allowing the key to turn in the passenger side lock only when the car was locked from the key in the driver side lock.

Ceeker
06-13-2009, 01:41 PM
you know something...I'm having the same problem with mine. If I lock the car from the drivers door I can't open the passenger. But I can lock and open the car form the passenger side. I suspect it is the actuator and not the lock cylinder. Otherwise the lock cyl would always do it. But because the actuator is electric it could be intermittent. The contacts on those get dirty and therefore impede function..