PDA

View Full Version : Project Resurrection

cmoorhouse
06-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Alright so my buddies dad bought an 88' 325i a long time ago, and well it didn't get used much and long story short the car has been sitting in the driveway for 6 years untouched.

So me and my bud decided to try and get her running. So far we've done a big clean(it was being used as storage space), changed the oil and filter, and well it was pretty moldy as well since the sunroof had been leaking, so been workin on that.

Next were gonna flush the coolant, fill it with fresh stuff and what not. As well drain the old gas thats in there and absorb the leftover shit and fill it with some fresh stuff.

Now the suspension and brakes actually feel alright. I realize that tires will have to be changed, but alright for now to get her running. Now does anyone have some extra tips, will probably change most other fluids as well. But as far as the mold, tried alot of bakking soda, rubbed that in, lettin it sit for a few days then well see how it is, but anyone else had this problem with a vehicle, howd you deal with it?

You guys shouldve seen this thing, is a white car, but was like green when we started haha, so dirty, moldy, grass growin on it. But ya if anyone has any tips or advice, please let me know, this car needs help haha, just couldn't bare seeing this car in that shape everytime I went to his house.

Thanks
Colin

5thseries
06-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Check out the spark plugs, change it actually
distributer, Plug wires
Fuel lines, Check out the valve lifters, check timing.

Also have a look at all the wires, if they suck that can result in an electrical fire. Kits are not that expensive either, so its a life saver
KEEP US UPDATED!

cmoorhouse
06-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Ya were probably gonna get back to work on it on sunday, but im not an expert, so is there anything specific to look at for the wires other than them just lookin like shit. Thanks for the tips

5thseries
06-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Just check connection, any kind of build up tears and so forth.