PDA

View Full Version : Please help... Car has no power and stalls on idle after boost

BMWnoob
06-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Hey guys,

Need some help. My e30 hasn't been driven since last Sunday went to start it and it seemed to have no power. Boosted and started car alarm was going crazy then let it idle for a few mins and it stalled..

Buddy says alternator must likely anyone have any ideas?
Please help!

SamE30e
06-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Alternator.

Ceeker
06-06-2009, 08:01 PM
check your O2 sensor - can make a bmw run like shit - disconnect it and see if the car runs different. if it stays running you know its that.

325isdan
06-07-2009, 09:49 AM
alternator.

richie_s999
06-07-2009, 10:41 AM
take out the altenator and the battery, and have a parts place test them to see if they are any good. If it's the altenator, I have a couple sitting in the garage for the 6cyl's and can hook you up with one for $40.

But get both checked and see what kinda condition they are in.

BMWnoob
06-08-2009, 08:15 AM
so we boosted it again... and let the car that boosted it charge the battery for about 20 mins and now it seems fine... will find out next saturday if it goes dead again when i get to try it lol...

richie_s999
06-08-2009, 08:24 AM
You could have charged the battery from letting it run so long, If the alt is dead once the battery dies the car will not run. Take them both out and get them tested or your gonna get stuck somewhere inconvenent when this happens.

BMWnoob
06-08-2009, 09:51 AM
You could have charged the battery from letting it run so long, If the alt is dead once the battery dies the car will not run. Take them both out and get them tested or your gonna get stuck somewhere inconvenent when this happens.

lol as if i know how to take out a battery and remove the alternator... car is still at my dad's house.. cause i can't really drive manual yet.. i told him to drive it around locally throughout the week and see if anything happens again..