PDA

View Full Version : clutch kits and supercharger set up...opinions please!

black bnr32
06-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Hey guys, I need some opinions please.

What are some of the best clutch kits out there for a supercharged, 350wtq, winter DD set up? My car sees winter/really slippery conditions for 3 months of the year. Good feel and easy/stock engagement is a must or I'll be riding the traction control all winter. Noise is almost unacceptable too. The popular choices seem to be clutchmasters, clutchnet, southbend, maybe uuc, etc.

Also, is it worth it to upgrade from the euro 3.5 hfm to porsche 806 as well as 36lb to 42lb injectors? I will be installing the typical RMS stage 2 kit(minus rms software) and think I would be happy with 300-350whp.

Thanks!

edit: it seems AA can't tune for my hfm and 36lb-ers. Who other than Nick G can?

spooling
06-09-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm assuming you are obd2? If so, I had similar problems looking for a tuner, I just went with the hfm and 32lb-ers AA wanted. TRM can tune for you if you obd1 swap, if not then you may have to wait for SharkEdit to come out, or TRM's obd2 tuning which will be 4+ months.

I have a bully stage 3, it is good for around 420 crank. This clutch is not the most friendly on the street, its a 6 puck ceramic unsprung disc. I'd say go with a puckless setup if you have the money, AA sells them so does turner. Those have a very similar feeling to stock.

black bnr32
06-13-2009, 01:38 AM
went with aa clutch and flywheel, 42s, porsche 803, aa tune

sweeeet

spooling
06-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Sick! very good choices hope all goes well.