PDA

View Full Version : 2.7i turbo project..

Dropped325i
06-06-2009, 06:47 AM
my turbo project in progress.. now on hold temp. but plenty of pics.. enjoy ;)

realized i didn't post a link on here.

http://www.offthewallcustoms.com/Other/myrides/BMW%20build/index.htm

davericher20
06-06-2009, 01:57 PM
holy schneikies!

That is waaay beyond what i can comprehend, amazing work man.

everlast
06-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Lots of work for sure. Like I said on e30tech, I'm actually feeling the front end. The only thing that's wrong with it is the duct work is backwards. The opening at the front should be smaller than the frontal area of the intercooler / rad, with the duct getting larger as it gets back to the frontal area. It seems counter intuitive perhaps, but very well known in aero circles.

I don't think it will make a huge difference, personally, but certainly some. Maybe something to think about next time you change the front end. (And you likely will :) )

Fel
06-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Wow... that's a lot of work over a long enough time....

Can't say I'm a fan of the new body, I think it looked a lot better before... but style is personal. Serious car otherwise!!

SamE30e
06-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I liked the body before, and uhh, I think you killed your shock towers.

e30_kid89
06-06-2009, 10:22 PM
If you're running MS why do you still have the AFM installed there?

slimjim
06-07-2009, 04:37 PM
are u still running the 4.1 dif with ur new set-up?:confused:

echo
06-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I like it. Looks very 2002 with the single light converion and that front splitter.

Bullet Ride
06-07-2009, 08:53 PM
I'll read the full thing later but after a quick scroll.... wow looks like beast
lots of work and kudos for documenting and sharing with us too *th-up*

The only thing that's wrong with it is the duct work is backwards. The opening at the front should be smaller than the frontal area of the intercooler / rad, with the duct getting larger as it gets back to the frontal area. It seems counter intuitive perhaps, but very well known in aero circles.

It increases drag at high speed because you get air piling up... think of pouring oil through a funnel you can only pour so fast before you start to get build up in the funnel.

Dropped325i
06-07-2009, 10:21 PM
thanks guys.. shock towers arent fixed yet. to many other priorities. like my website i just released, and like redoing my e36 clutch job i just got done doing like an hour ago. "saches disc says, gearbox side, well guess what, saches is wrong, it wasn't the gearbox side and i installed the disc wrong" but anyways.

i want to run ms later, im not currently. chip and begi and wideband..

and yea im running still the 4.10's lsd still, what came with the car when it was an auto :) .. we'll see how much grip issues i have with boost. i have a new stock clutch on it now, with a lightened oem flywheel, i will upgrade when it goes, but i have seen people use 8-12 psi on it, and my car is much lighter than like 98% of e30 owners, so that should help

Ktt88
06-08-2009, 01:17 PM
holy crap! this is freaking epic dude *th-up* seems like you could never make up your mind about anything :D

everlast
06-08-2009, 02:15 PM
It increases drag at high speed because you get air piling up... think of pouring oil through a funnel you can only pour so fast before you start to get build up in the funnel.

*th-up* good analogy. One of the FI books I was reading had a really description, but like a good joke, I can't retell it.

SamE30e
06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
*th-up* good analogy. One of the FI books I was reading had a really description, but like a good joke, I can't retell it.

Corky Bell?

Bullet Ride
06-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Corky Bell?

Maximum Boost*th-up*

jamison67
06-11-2009, 07:03 PM
bump