PDA

View Full Version : 1997 E36 M3 Sedan, Parting Out - See photos!

TMA
06-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Just arrived in our shop! Parting out an Estoril Blue 1997 BMW M3 sedan from Texas. This is a very clean car and has seen NO winters. All parts are available! Also have other E36 M3 parts cars with many parts available. We deal strictly with M3s, and nothing else! Most parts from this car will fit 318, 325 and 328 2-door and 4-door.

Check us out in the Platinum Sponsor section of the forum. We are Top Model Automotive and we part out strictly M3s.

Call Dave any time at 416-528-6499 or PM.

-engine
-transmission
-brake conversion
-rims
-interior pieces
-body parts
-mouldings
-mirrors

Every single part you can think of we either have in stock, or will be getting soon!

http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/l/kj/09/5/25/011/r4/501616a_20.jpeg

http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/l/kj/09/5/25/012/r5/0251na7_20.jpeg

More pictures coming soon. Contact Dave at 416-528-6499 or send Private Message. Thanks for looking.

jimmyb
06-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Mileage and price on the motor? I have a friend looking for one.

EuroM3_E36
06-02-2009, 02:54 AM
how much for the molding piece that covers the tow hook?

Dr. Flyview
06-02-2009, 05:16 AM
How much for door mouldings and shift knob? How much for the limited slip differential and what's the mileage?

328is
06-02-2009, 07:49 AM
how mutch for the mags ?

And do you have a 3 spokes stering wheel in stock ?

TMA
06-02-2009, 08:48 AM
PMs sent to everyone. The mileage of this car is 117,000 miles. The car is from Texas and has therefore never been through a winter. Therefore the car looks like its only a couple years old and all the parts are very clean with virtually no rust or corrosion.

JUS_CRZN
06-02-2009, 09:00 AM
I need a front door speaker, dose it have hk sound option?

Trouble65
06-02-2009, 11:58 AM
We bought a M3 engine from TMA last week. Great guys to deal with.

markierant
06-02-2009, 08:04 PM
How much for the front trim piece molding, the one that says BMW. Also how much for the front bumper lip. Do you know if it will fit a 2 dr?

notjoe
06-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Give me a price on the motor and tranny

TMA
06-03-2009, 11:57 AM
PMs sent... please see my other thread for motor and tranny... click below

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121062

kruler
06-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Do you have documentation of the mileage? I saw this car on Copart and I'm pretty sure it had 204,000 miles on it.

Se7en
06-03-2009, 10:15 PM
How much for the front bumper? PM me please.

touchofclass
06-03-2009, 10:59 PM
How much for front and rear seats? and what is the condition?

TMA
06-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Do you have documentation of the mileage? I saw this car on Copart and I'm pretty sure it had 204,000 miles on it.

Kruler, The gauge cluster of the car has 204k miles yes, but as a parts company for some time now we have learned that mileage (especially on southern state cars like Texas that don't have winters) is a poor indicator of the condition of the car. In this case the car is as clean as a very low mileage car here in Canada. As per the powertrain components like the motor and transmission, we normally part-out higher mileage powertrains for the camshaft and the crankshaft, etc... but in a case where the compression test results are excellent, we lower the price of the motor and offer it as-is. That is what happened in this case. The motor was sold for $500 less than usual because of its mileage. Youll notice many european car scrap yards (such as Bavarian in the USA) don't give mileages of their motors. That is because the mileage doesn't mean much. A low mileage engine that was poorly maintained can be in much worse condition than a higher mileage engine that was very well maintained with synthetic oil changes every 5k. We have seen this over and over with engines, and therefore we offer our guarantees based on the compression results of the engine, not the mileage. All of our M3 motors have between 70 - 120k miles unless otherwise stated to the buyer (like this one). Finally, the other reason parts companies like ourselves don't go by mileage, is because these cars are purchased through auctions and the history of them is very unknown. We can only go by what the gauge cluster says, and even the auction companies themselves cannot guarantee that information to be accurate. The gauge cluster could have been replaced or tampered with, and therefore we perform our own testing on all parts to ensure that they meet our standards to sell on this forum. :)

kruler
06-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Kruler, The gauge cluster of the car has 204k miles yes, but as a parts company for some time now we have learned that mileage (especially on southern state cars like Texas that don't have winters) is a poor indicator of the condition of the car. In this case the car is as clean as a very low mileage car here in Canada. As per the powertrain components like the motor and transmission, we normally part-out higher mileage powertrains for the camshaft and the crankshaft, etc... but in a case where the compression test results are excellent, we lower the price of the motor and offer it as-is. That is what happened in this case. The motor was sold for $500 less than usual because of its mileage. Youll notice many european car scrap yards (such as Bavarian in the USA) don't give mileages of their motors. That is because the mileage doesn't mean much. A low mileage engine that was poorly maintained can be in much worse condition than a higher mileage engine that was very well maintained with synthetic oil changes every 5k. We have seen this over and over with engines, and therefore we offer our guarantees based on the compression results of the engine, not the mileage. All of our M3 motors have between 70 - 120k miles unless otherwise stated to the buyer (like this one). Finally, the other reason parts companies like ourselves don't go by mileage, is because these cars are purchased through auctions and the history of them is very unknown. We can only go by what the gauge cluster says, and even the auction companies themselves cannot guarantee that information to be accurate. The gauge cluster could have been replaced or tampered with, and therefore we perform our own testing on all parts to ensure that they meet our standards to sell on this forum. :)

Dave,
Not stating the mileage or saying "mileage unknown" is quite different from knowingly misrepresenting it. When a member asked what the mileage of the car was, you made up a number almost half of the true mileage. You admittedly lied to the members of this forum in order to misrepresent the parts you are selling. What you did is no different from rolling back the odometer on a car before selling it; a practice which is illegal. In my opinion, this is not a good way to begin building a reputation as a sponsor on this forum.

T.Dot_E30
06-04-2009, 10:26 AM
So Basically this was a lie?

The mileage of this car is 117,000 miles.

Regardless of where the car is from, you should state the mileage you are aware of. Not misrepresent it and blatantly lie because you think the motor is in better condition.

We are not dumb fools, many of us know that buying used parts, mileage cannot be verified or guaranteed or if it was maintained well. But you should be honest and let your customers decide how much consideration to give the mileage you are aware of.

TMA
06-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Hey guys, before this gets any further out of hand, please read my reply in the other post (which I have pasted below). I would never deliberately lie about anything, that would be quite a silly business practice. Anyway, read what I have said below:

Actually, guys... we just realized something. We have another car in the shop right now, a black sedan with 117k miles on it. I mixed up the mileage between the two sedans. We've only ever had two sedans, because mostly we part-out coupes. Anyway, everyone is welcome to come to our shop and see the gauge clusters and titles of the cars, aswell as see the VINs stamped right on the motors that come out of the cars (which the mileage can then be verified by carfax). We have nothing to hide, nor do we sell parts that are no good. As it clearly states in my statement in the other thread, we test all the parts ourselves before selling them and would never sell a bad part. Nor do we misrepresent parts and mileage either. Sometimes there is honest errors on postings. We have had 6 parts cars in the past two months, and when we're responding to tons of PMs and emails its very easy to get confused between the details of each car. Either way, any error made will be quickly corrected and we do not intend to scam anyone. There are many customers on this forum who have purchased from us and Im sure they can vouch for our honest and great service. I welcome everyone to come meet us at our shop and see what we have to offer. We love BMWs just as much as you guys, and all we are trying to accomplish with our company is to make good quality used M3 parts available at an affordable price to all the members of this forum.

Also, we never said that "mileage doesn't matter". That is an extreme paraphrase and out-of-context way to describe what I said in the other thread. Mileage will always be represented to the buyer as accurate as possible. However, what we try to inform customers about all of the parts we sell, is that mileage is not necessarily a good indicator of the quality of the part. The reason we say this is because our cars come from all over America. The southern cars which are very clean and rust-free can have high mileage and be just as clean as a northern car with very low mileage (due to the snow and salt in the North). And as per the engines and transmissions, the mileage doesn't mean much if the car wasn't maintained properly. We have had engines with 200k miles on them that ran beautifully and had great compression because they were maintained properly. On the other hand, we have had engines with 70k miles on them that ran terribly with low compression because they were likely neglected and never maintained properly. Regardless of the mileage, high or low, the customer will always be told the true mileage of the motor and they will always know the full details of the car the motor came out of. Saying that "mileage doesn't matter" is very different from what I have just explained above.

I invite everyone to call us at 416-528-6499 to discuss anything you might be interested in. Thanks everyone, and stay tuned for a new posting of our next M3 parts car within the next week or so.

-Dave

Stuttgart
06-04-2009, 04:24 PM
l need all four window switches, and the sunroof motor switch.
also front driver side fender, what colour code is the black sedan????

pm me plz

TMA
06-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Stuttgart, I actually recently sold the black sedan driver fender to Tom (euroguy), im not sure if he still has it and is maybe selling it, but you might want to ask him because its cosmos black. I have the twisty sideskirts from it still aswell (cosmos black) if anyone is interested. Also still have all 4 doors from it which are rust free and mint (cosmos black). Thanks!

-Dave

windsor318is
06-05-2009, 01:45 AM
i need the midpipe pm me please, oh and centerconsole!

TMA
06-05-2009, 11:05 AM
PM sent :)

black bnr32
06-06-2009, 04:18 AM
pm me a price on the throttle body please...need a piece off of it

billyr3d
06-06-2009, 09:52 PM
How much for the ECU

archrival
07-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Price on mirrors for sedan please

Pongs318
07-02-2009, 12:37 AM
door moldings if it still available thanks

andrewsbmw
07-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Do you have any other engines for sale right now?

NateoriouS
07-02-2009, 01:46 AM
do you have any convertible e36 parts? and whereabouts are you located?

hypno_nls1
07-02-2009, 02:41 AM
how bad is the front bumper does it fit non m's?

edp82
07-02-2009, 11:49 AM
interesting thread.... hey TMA can you do us a favor... rather than having everyone ask "hey how much is this, how much is that"

why don't you type up a little pricelist for all commonly asked parts... engine, tranny, interior, exterior etc etc etc.... have a rough idea.. this will lead to quicker sales for you.

provide a phone number and offer paypal and these parts will be flying out the door.

TMA
07-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey guys.. my phone number is listed at the beginning of this thread. It is 416-528-6499. And yes we do accept paypal and can ship anything anywhere. I will be posting another parts car within the next few days which will have a price list of all the common parts.

-Dave