PDA

View Full Version : Blinker problem

eta Epsilon
05-31-2009, 10:32 AM
I had removed my bumper to do some maintenace. The left blinker socket was impossible to remove from the bumper because the PO did weird things with that car...

I had to cut the blinker wires. I re-installed everything, but now the left blinker blink really fast.

Can it be related to the wires I spliced or is it the bulb that is done for?

By the way, how do I remove that bulb??? Do I just pull on it?

Cheers

dexspeed
05-31-2009, 12:18 PM
the bulb should just twist then pul out after you remove the plastic covering, pretty effortless once you get to it. If it is still blinking eradically after that, you might want to check all those spliced wires and make sure that you have good contact where you connected them.

echo
06-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Check that all of the bulbs on that side of the car are working. If one of the other bulbs is blown the relay doesn't see as much resistance and blinks at a faster rate.

Ceeker
06-01-2009, 04:40 PM
it's a bulb hands down...had this happen to me a while back...bugger trying to figure out isn't it? considering the bulb is still working? (Grin) Sometimes the bulb isn't quite done for and works intermittently causing it to short and as a result driving you nuts going a mile a minute...change the bulb with a BRAND NEW one and you'll see.

cheers!

everlast
06-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Not a bulb hands down. If your wiring is faulty, it would exhibit the same symptom. So, obviously, either your wiring job didn't make the grade or a bulb blew at a very coincidental time.