PDA

View Full Version : e30 325ix transmission 5 speed

vincenthclam
05-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Hi,

Anyone happen to have a trouble-free E30 325ix 5 speed transmission for sale? I'm looking for one that has no known problems... & in my wildest dreams one that has been rebuilt...

(My own actually works fine, except it has become a little balky getting into reverse. So, it's not essential to replace it, but if someone has one that has no issues, I'm fussy about my cars and wouldn't mind picking it up...

Ie, mine only has this very minor problem, so there would be no point me getting another one that has any issues!)

Email if any such item is collecting dust in your garage!

Best,

Vincent

Eurostyle
05-17-2009, 02:36 AM
I have one, tested and no problems when removed from car. Call me if you want to see it, or get more info. *wave*

propr'one
05-20-2009, 05:17 PM
AFAIK the iX tranny and the regular e30 tranny are the same. (or at least really similar, just one of them bolts into a t-case)

T.Dot_E30
05-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Have you changed your fluid recently?

It might make getting into gears easier, which might be enough for you not to need to change the tranny completely.

Worth a try....

Eurostyle
05-20-2009, 08:25 PM
AFAIK the iX tranny and the regular e30 tranny are the same. (or at least really similar, just one of them bolts into a t-case)

The back of the IX is specific, in order for the Tcase to bolt on...so unless you take the full rear section and change it (i dont even know if that is possible!) it will not fit...

Eurostyle
05-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Ix...