PDA

View Full Version : LF: The Socket for locking lug nuts

JPower24
05-13-2009, 06:58 PM
I just can't catch a break, I got an e36 with 4 locking lug nuts, I don't have a functional socket to get them off. The pattern in the socket for mine is all bent and mangled.

Don't even have time to get the car right now so I'm not in a huge rush.

Or if someone around barrie can just lend me one I'll buy new lug nuts.

W2WDETAILING
05-13-2009, 07:02 PM
I just can't catch a break, I got an e36 with 4 locking lug nuts, I don't have a functional socket to get them off. The pattern in the socket for mine is all bent and mangled.

Don't even have time to get the car right now so I'm not in a huge rush.

Or if someone around barrie can just lend me one I'll buy new lug nuts.

if you haqve locking lug nuts your going to have to go to the dealer they usually have a master. when i stripped the keyfor my stepmoms acura had to bring it to the dealer and they got it off
usually they are different good luck finding one

Trekz
05-13-2009, 07:24 PM
go to princess auto, they have damaged lug nut removal sockets, last time i was there they were on sale for $11 for a set of 3. Its a socket with a reverse thread on it. Thats what i use at my work when customers have striped lug nuts or lost their lock keys. The lock nuts usually come off after a few tries with an impact gun.

JPower24
05-13-2009, 07:26 PM
if you haqve locking lug nuts your going to have to go to the dealer they usually have a master. when i stripped the keyfor my stepmoms acura had to bring it to the dealer and they got it off
usually they are different good luck finding one

Yea I'm in a mess or I' take the car to the shop I use here in barrie.

Started Leaking fuel so it sat for a couple weeks waiting on good weather,
in that time the battery died (and won't hold a charge) and the e-brake seized.

I stopped in at an aftermarket wheel store to see what they could come up with, they told me it's BMW specific. I can't find anything that shows if/when BMW made changes to the design of it.

I'll probably just end up making the drive from barrie to Toronto to get to the dealer. Forget Newmarkets BMW, wanted 190$ to replace a key when the next one I phoned wanted 75$

Cheers

Trekz: that's a last resort because I'll just end up buying another locking lug set.