PDA

View Full Version : How do I install that damn part

eta Epsilon
04-25-2009, 12:19 PM
When I bought the car, the cover panel that is located just under the steering wheel (the one hiding all the wires) was in the trunk.
I'm now trying to install it. I can't figure out how to do it. I know there is 3 pins that need to be attached on the flat part just behind the steering.
Is it supposed to be attached elsawhere??

right now, it sits too low and I keep hitting it with my foot...

thanks

El Gato Liso
04-25-2009, 12:24 PM
When I bought the car, the cover panel that is located just under the steering wheel (the one hiding all the wires) was in the trunk.
I'm now trying to install it. I can't figure out how to do it. I know there is 3 pins that need to be attached on the flat part just behind the steering.
Is it supposed to be attached elsawhere??

right now, it sits too low and I keep hitting it with my foot...

thanks

way at the bottom of the steering column there is a clip on it, that the kicker panel (the panelyou're talking about) slides into!

richie_s999
04-25-2009, 11:35 PM
www.realoem.com this site will save you headache after headache with the exploded diagrams of everything on your car!!!

Nguyen_E30
04-26-2009, 09:31 AM
you stick it under your steering column and then clip it in at the top, there are holes.

eta Epsilon
04-26-2009, 10:31 AM
it looks like there is some parts missing in my car :-)
The kicker panel is supposed to clip into something at the base of the steering wheel. There is nothing to clip in ....

echo
04-26-2009, 06:47 PM
There is a clip on the steering column - usually grey in colour - it may have rotated around so you can't tell its a clip. Fairly large - as said the bottom of the panel slides into it. There is also another small insert and turn type clip in the middle of the trim piece that attaches it to the plastic steering column cover.