PDA

View Full Version : Painting Diving Board?

eta Epsilon
04-22-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm planning on tucking the DB later this spring.
However, I think they would look better if they would be painted.
Anybody did this before? I want to paint them myself. I'll probably use Dupli-color black metallic.

Any advice on a procedure?

Also, the black rubber strips on the bumbers are not really black anymore. Any way to revitalize it? Should I just paint it:huh?:
I don't think so as it would probably chip over time...

Thanks for the advise

iignite
04-22-2009, 01:44 PM
you can try plasti-dip. Sprayed my kidneys a few weeks ago, still holds strong with no chips.

as for the trim, I just bought some duplicolor plastic trim paint (made for unpainted black bumpers) and they turned out fine.

Give it a try!

oh and btw, plasti-dip is found at home hardware

eta Epsilon
04-22-2009, 01:49 PM
you can try plasti-dip. Sprayed my kidneys a few weeks ago, still holds strong with no chips.

as for the trim, I just bought some duplicolor plastic trim paint (made for unpainted black bumpers) and they turned out fine.

Give it a try!

oh and btw, plasti-dip is found at home hardware

From What I understand, Plasti-dip is a rubberized paint? How does it looks once it's dry? Does it look like rubber or like paint???

Thanks

matty.dc
04-22-2009, 03:22 PM
for the trim use the trim paint....as for the bumpers...polish the shit out of them itll look sick!

iignite
04-22-2009, 07:47 PM
plasti-dip comes out a satin black (they have different colours) but alot of people use it for it's durability. It can withstand stone chips, weather and all that stuff. I wonder if it's possible to paint over it, acting like a primer.

Ill take some pics of my painted pieces,

eta Epsilon
04-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah, thanks.
That would be nice to see how it look like before I go for it.

BMWnoob
06-11-2009, 03:37 PM
any pics? i want to repaint the black rubber part on my diving board bumper too...

just get some trim paint from canadian tire or whatever and apply with a paint brush or is it a spray can?

found pics here

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1228803