PDA

View Full Version : Bimmersport - bad experiance - Problem resolved (miscommunication)

AceOfSpades
04-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Thank you for taking my buddys money which is around $3000, doing an engine swap and ending up with a blown engine a couple of weeks later.

PM me on stating how you were right and he's wrong for talking about his bad experiance is pushing it.

Shit happens. I definitely agree with that. But i'm pretty sure none of us is paying 3G for shit

P.S eurostyle, don't stick your nose in other people's business. its not professional at all.

325ixE30
04-21-2009, 10:37 AM
The best thing to do is work something out with the shop. There must be something they can do?

What engine swap?

Jon@Bimmersport
04-21-2009, 12:53 PM
The best thing to do is work something out with the shop. There must be something they can do?

What engine swap?

There is something that can be done, and there was. The customer brought the car knocking to us after he picked it up in working order. No problem, but the problem is that the customer picked up the car from us before any work can be done, - let alone work out what is to be done. Your buddy may be upset, he has this problem...but explain this. He leaves here initially car running strong, and comes back knocking..naturally anyone will be upset. Please state where he is told he has to pay for another $3000 for a swap. If he was (which he was not) then by all means post, be upset, share your experience.

Bushan, this is pretty childish (especially the difference in tone when it is posted here and on PM) - I completely understand where you are comming from, defending yourself and your friend BUT I PM'd you to see what is going on with your friend, and to try and help him out..not just defend the shop. Its called customer service - not defining right and wrong. I talked to you like a friend, not a customer..but I guess you didnt realize. I am technically going after your friend to fix his problem...instead of him comming back to me after hearing his complaints to someone other than myself or Charlie - which is what I said was wrong - but he isnt getting the cold shoulder (I am sure many will agree, look at the post above). Given how we always taken care of you and your car, your 5speed swap as well...is quite appauling, but still..understanding. Anyways, if you re-read the PM's what I said is wrong..is that he complained to a person who doesnt even work here!!!!

How do you think the engine started knocking? Engines dont expire after a few weeks. A problem like this is caused by excessive heat/strain on engine internals. Something caused that problem, and I think you are excluding the factor of driver negligance. By the way, we never told him to drive it knocking because you dont need to be a mechanic to know that. Please keep in mind, we told him we would work something out for the engine...after determining the cause of the problem. Did he expect me to right away pull it in, swap in a new one without seeing what was at fault? We also have other customers that have already booked appts, I cannot cancel on them and say I have a problem with a previous job. A lot of people get fustrated when it comes to dealing with problems, but fail to remember we have to take care of you as well as everyone else here. Everything cant just stop, but accomodations can be made.

In no way am I saying we're perfect, we make mistakes...but dont tell me the car left with no coolant, was over heating and he brought it back...because you cant pressure bleed a car with a leak (fail proof bleed/leak check).

Eurostyle
04-21-2009, 01:15 PM
P.S eurostyle, don't stick your nose in other people's business. its not professional at all.

When rumours are started that I SOLD a bad engine, it makes it MY business. I can make a list of engines sold, and none were to your friend/or Bimmersport for that swap!

AceOfSpades
04-21-2009, 01:24 PM
When rumours are started that I SOLD a bad engine, it makes it MY business. I can make a list of engines sold, and none were to your friend/or Bimmersport for that swap!

thats why i told you to stay out of it.
that little bitch who's spreading the rumours need to clean his ears and vag while he's at it. Nothing was said about your business

e30blue
04-21-2009, 08:20 PM
I have never been to your shop and can't say that you guys are bad people and do bad work but I am very good friends with this guy and have found a few flaws in your post.

There is something that can be done, and there was. The customer brought the car knocking to us after he picked it up in working order. No problem, but the problem is that the customer picked up the car from us before any work can be done, - let alone work out what is to be done.

The customer did NOT pick up the car from you BEFORE any work can be done, because that customer paid another $250 dollars, on top after the swap, for you guys to fix the problem and was told BY YOUR SHOP that the car was ready to go. Unless you guys just took the money and did absolutely nothing to fix it.

I am technically going after your friend to fix his problem...instead of him comming back to me after hearing his complaints to someone other than myself or Charlie - which is what I said was wrong - but he isnt getting the cold shoulder (I am sure many will agree, look at the post above).

This swap happened a year ago, not once did you or anybody from bimmersport contact him to fix the problem. And he wasn't complaining but just telling his friends of his experiences with you shop. NOTHING wrong with that.

Please keep in mind, we told him we would work something out for the engine...after determining the cause of the problem. Did he expect me to right away pull it in, swap in a new one without seeing what was at fault?

After he brought the car back, what BIMMERSPORT said was that he had to pay even more money to have the motor opened up and be looked at. And no he didn't expect you to pull it in right away because the car was at your shop, from what I remember, for over a week at least if not two and yet it still wasn't fixed.

Once again, I'm not trying to shit on your shop but just letting people know the full story.

5thseries
04-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Bimmer sport did what they had to do.. swap the motor.. maybe the engine was a dud.. =|.

e30blue
04-21-2009, 08:31 PM
^^^ maybe the motor was a dud...but bimmersport was the one who sold it to him

damameke
04-21-2009, 09:37 PM
hope this will have a happy ending between your friend and bimmersport

bullett
04-21-2009, 09:41 PM
no no no, no fanboyism! i love drama, hahaha..and yes..it seems there is some sort of a loose cannon feeding some info....mmmmmm this can either get really out of hand or can be kept in the bag.......muahahaha

328IScreamer
04-21-2009, 09:50 PM
up until now i have only ever seen good posts for bimmer sport
both sides seem to have compelling arguments

MiroE36
04-21-2009, 10:19 PM
up until now i have only ever seen good posts for bimmer sport
both sides seem to have compelling arguments

I too have only heard great things about bimmersport, frankly Tom also recommends them without thinking twice.

Did bimmersport drop the ball on this one?? Hard to tell... the way I see it, is that there are inherent risks to getting engine swaps done. Engine swaps are not easy, and by no means 100% guaranteed to occur flawlessly. If bimmersport sold their client the engine, they needed to have gotten it from somewhere, so potentially the supplied engine could have been a dud. Likewise, it could be a driver issue, my friend blew up his H22 engine in less than a year after the swap, but he loved to rip on the engine on a day to day basis. Ultimately, I don't want to take sides here, but bimmersport has been around long enough to build up a great reputation amongst a lot of their customers. In my opinion, no business that scams and screws over their clients will last over a long-term. This is also does not go to say that bimmersport is 100% not at fault. At the end of it all, this is a very unfortunate situation which will have to get resolved between the two parties. I don't think that bimmersport is in any way responsible for any compensation unless they choose to provide any warranty. However, it would be bimmersports interest to resolve this matter even at a cost to them to show great customer service and support. In the long run, superior customer service is what ensures profitability.

my 2 cents.

AceOfSpades
04-21-2009, 10:21 PM
There is something that can be done, and there was. The customer brought the car knocking to us after he picked it up in working order. No problem, but the problem is that the customer picked up the car from us before any work can be done, - let alone work out what is to be done. Your buddy may be upset, he has this problem...but explain this. He leaves here initially car running strong, and comes back knocking..naturally anyone will be upset.
The was more money involved beside the Initial cost of the swap

Please state where he is told he has to pay for another $3000 for a swap. If he was (which he was not) then by all means post, be upset, share your experience.
Bimmersport told him that he had to pay extra to have the BLOWN engine checked! Where is he supposed to get all that kind of cash? 3Gs on its own is ALOT of money!

Bushan, this is pretty childish (especially the difference in tone when it is posted here and on PM) - I completely understand where you are comming from, defending yourself and your friend BUT I PM'd you to see what is going on with your friend, and to try and help him out..not just defend the shop.
Please John, post the PM exchange and let everyone decide whether i changed my tone or I was childish in anyway. Its not about whats being said about you that you need to be concerned, its about helping your customers out. If you did a good job, i'd send more people towards your shop. That is exactly what happended when i recomended your shop to my friend in the very first place...my mistake

Its called customer service - not defining right and wrong. I talked to you like a friend, not a customer..but I guess you didnt realize. I am technically going after your friend to fix his problem...instead of him comming back to me after hearing his complaints to someone other than myself or Charlie - which is what I said was wrong - but he isnt getting the cold shoulder (I am sure many will agree, look at the post above). Given how we always taken care of you and your car, your 5speed swap as well...is quite appauling, but still..understanding.
When i paid $2300 for a 5 speed swap, I WAS expecting a good job no question asked

Anyways, if you re-read the PM's what I said is wrong..is that he complained to a person who doesnt even work here!!!!
I told you already that it was one of situation where you had one shot and one shot only to get it right. If you got it right, he would have been complimenting your work. Did that happen? $3Gs, engine swap and a few weeks later the car was not movable. It is not a pleasant experiance. There is absolutely nothing wrong in sharing a personal experiance

How do you think the engine started knocking? Engines dont expire after a few weeks. A problem like this is caused by excessive heat/strain on engine internals. Something caused that problem, and I think you are excluding the factor of driver negligance. By the way, we never told him to drive it knocking because you dont need to be a mechanic to know that. Please keep in mind, we told him we would work something out for the engine...after determining the cause of the problem. Did he expect me to right away pull it in, swap in a new one without seeing what was at fault? We also have other customers that have already booked appts, I cannot cancel on them and say I have a problem with a previous job. A lot of people get fustrated when it comes to dealing with problems, but fail to remember we have to take care of you as well as everyone else here. Everything cant just stop, but accomodations can be made.

In no way am I saying we're perfect, we make mistakes...but dont tell me the car left with no coolant, was over heating and he brought it back...because you cant pressure bleed a car with a leak (fail proof bleed/leak check).
You're the mechanic. I ask the question, you supply the answers. It is not the other way around. i'm just gonna say that, in that situation, the life span of an engine is not a few weeks

John, if you took proper care of my friend, we wouldn't be in that situation rigt now. Doing the crappy swap and then leaving him $3Gs+ short and without a car isn't exactly what i would call customer service

Jacko
04-22-2009, 12:36 AM
I m not sure about your friend's experiance but when bimmersport did my S52 that I bought from euroguy I have no complains. They went the extra mile for me to fix all my other little problems.

98Dinan3
04-22-2009, 01:39 AM
I had my S52 swap done by Bimmersport, after buying the motor from Tom (Euroguy). I have no complaints, and the install was pretty clean. The price was also more than fair. Call up a BMW dealer and ask what a motor swap will cost you...

slemmer
04-22-2009, 05:34 AM
The question here is whether there was a material or installation issue to address. It may be coincidental the motor blew because it was it's time. Who knows what the history was o the donated motor? If the motor was sold as working, and it left as working after the swap, then obviously a post mortum needs to be done to determine the cause, otherwise, just swapping another motor could lead to the same result and further frustration. I'm sure customer service will prevail at the end and both parties will be happy with the outcome.

Jon@Bimmersport
04-22-2009, 08:57 AM
E30Blue,

I am going after your friend because I am concerned about his after-thoughts...it's not like I am chasing after anyone with a car problem. The reason any of this came up, its because it was brought up..and not from Bushan (even when he came to the shop a week or so ago - not one word about this).

Bushan,

Like I just mentioned, the reason why I am comming off this way is because when you came to the shop you didnt even mention this! You even asked us for qoutes, which I respect your loyalty to us) but I dont get why you didnt say anything to us face to face, at least this whole situation wouldnt be blown out of proportion. I mean, your the one person he knows who is the most concerned since it was your referal, I just think you would have mentioned it if this is all recent talk between whoever.

3g's is a lot of money, but it isnt my problem if he only has that amount and cant afford anything there after. My problem is the mechanics, not personal financial situations. I know it is a result of his predicament but you cannot factor personal issues into the situation. Despite that, we arent tight when it comes to billing...as you know and many know we are flexable (depending on the situation!! - dont get ideas guys :p)

Now the questionability of good work is being brought up, I thought this was an issue of customer service? As others mentioned, parts may fail, engines may fail, but it isnt a question of installation...more a question of hardware condition.

As you can see the people who got their engine swapped are happy customers, but there has also been times where swaps come back with an issue. The point being, those customers dealt with the matter appropriately and their problem has been solved.

The problem with me wasnt sharing the experience, as you can see in my previous posts..."...naturally anyone will be upset. Please state where he is told he has to pay for another $3000 for a swap. If he was (which he was not) then by all means post, be upset, share your experience."

I even said the same words, my point is that behind the keyboard, or to someone elses face the true feelings come out...and to someone who takes care of your car, it isnt the best thing to do. Only because

1 - your problem wont be solved
2 - your pointlessly and without comming to a solution, hurting the reputation that takes people countless hours to build - and I think I can speak for all shops when I say this.

I know I am the mechanic, but when it comes down to this I am not only a mechanic. Questions are asked as a means of comming to a conclusion/realization of the matter. I am asking you the questions because you fail to realize still that it isnt a "crappy swap" or a "bad job" it is a part that went down the drain. What does that have to do with the manner in how it is installed? I am trying to address the issue of the parts going bad, not how clean the swap is as that wasnt your arguement.

Either way, posting on here isnt doing ANYTHING for your friend but making a good lunch time break for the people on max.

My advice is tell your friend to call us or come by, because the whole point of this was to clear this issue up. This happenned almost 7 months ago or more, and we never heard back from him after he took the car the 2nd time...now hearing it from someone else we would still like to fix it for him - even though there is no receipts, verbal contracts are still valid (well, for some people at least ;) )

325ixE30
04-22-2009, 09:14 AM
When you find a good mechanic/shop that does good work, stick with them.

Everyone makes mistakes. Things happen. Unexpected problems are part of owning a car.

The difference is how you deal with those problems not that they happen.

I've been on the raw end of many bad deals. Best thing to do is take emotion out of it, and come up with a compromise. There shouldn't be any "winners" or "losers" in this type of situation.

E30 Girl
04-22-2009, 11:01 AM
I have been dealing with Charlie for about 10 years and I have NEVER had a problem with the work that he does. He is fair and always goes the extra mile.

I also understand that when you are using used parts they can fail and unfortunetly that is life! If you want to avoid this then you spend the extra money for new.

e30blue
04-22-2009, 11:03 AM
no no no, no fanboyism! i love drama, hahaha..and yes..it seems there is some sort of a loose cannon feeding some info....mmmmmm this can either get really out of hand or can be kept in the bag.......muahahaha

Grow up

e36_freak
04-22-2009, 11:22 AM
I have been dealing with Charlie for about 10 years and I have NEVER had a problem with the work that he does. He is fair and always goes the extra mile.

I also understand that when you are using used parts they can fail and unfortunetly that is life! If you want to avoid this then you spend the extra money for new.

can't believe i am saying this but i agree with her. Bimmersport & Charlie +1 great guy great work never had any problems.

325ixE30
04-22-2009, 11:29 AM
To be fair, can anyone afford a "new" S52?

The best you can do is a full diagnostic of the engine before hand: compression, leak down, etc.

If you're really lucky you might find one with a service history, but not a new one.

Robb
04-22-2009, 11:50 AM
+1 for Charlie ! Old school maxbimmer member ! *th-up*

richie_s999
04-22-2009, 12:32 PM
this seems to be something that should be delt with from the person who had the work done and the shop.

It is understandable to get upset about things going wrong, but you need to find out the reason it went wrong.

Unless a motor is rebuilt before its swapped or new with a warranty, you are using a used part which could fail at any time. THIS IS A RISK ONE TAKES WITH USED PARTS!!!! Its a risk we all take. Thats why USED parts don't come with a warranty. If he had the swap done with a new motor it would have cost him $8000 plus, so he took the chance with a used motor.

Alot of people don't like to take responibilty for not researching things by themselve's. They go in blind about getting work done on their car, and then never take any responibilty for what happens after.

Used parts = lower cost but higher risk

new parts = higher cost but lower risk

Never strech your money so thin for you car that if something goes wrong you are in trouble. Cars break, parts fail, things blow up welcome to modified cars!!!!!!!

Bullet Ride
04-22-2009, 01:17 PM
If he had the swap done with a new motor it would have cost him $8000 plus, so he took the chance with a used motor.

I was going to say, $3k for a swaps sounds reasonable, what engine was it? was that cost including the engine?

I haven't had a swap done...yet (I'd like to try to do one myself actually*smoke*), but I've seen an m52 swap into an e30 that was done at bimmersport, it ran flawlessly and cost somewhere in the $5-6k range that includes the engine which was purchased elsewhere. As mentioned above thou, it's important to have the proper tests done on the engine before hand and to replace potential failrue items when the engine is out like ignition wires, hoses...etc.

The internet is bad for situations like this.
Good luck.

greekthang
04-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Wow I have read all posts on here and this seems to be a situation that the owner of the car should go deal with the owner of the shop. All this bullsh*t posting on here trying to tarnish as far as I am concerned an incredible shop with exceptional work ethics and customer support. If you have an issue dont go posting your issues on a open forum. Sh*t does happen and in this case this is an example of that but if you trusted a shop to do your swap for you what would make you think that you cant trust the owner to make it right when things fails ?? When you start dropping cash to make things go fast be prepared to back that when thing dont go right.

bullett
04-22-2009, 01:49 PM

Well then , with that prissy mentality, lets all go buy new cars when our cars need parts no? Jesus...

To E30blue:

Chupamelo amigo. :) Carry on

ACS_DAN
04-22-2009, 03:26 PM
There's this mentality going around with most people here that if you've had a good experience with a shop than it's going to be the same for everybody. That's not the case, and truthfully a testament of character for justification was left in the med evil times for a reason.

Just because you had your motor swapped in the past and it's been going good for you doesn't mean that Bushan is in the wrong. What's wrong with him voicing his frustration with the matter? In truth, I think if this happened to some of you, you'd also want to voice your experience as well. Why should you guys look down your noses at his friend for buying a "used" motor? Which from what I've read was sourced by Bimmersport, Now I'm not bashing them or anything of that nature but when you ask a reputable shop or any shop for that matter to source a motor for you, you expect them to use their expertise to find you something suitable because that's essentially what you're paying them for... if not then it would be plausible for one to do the swap and find a suitable motor themselves.

I am in no way taking sides but I can definitely see where the frustration comes from, people pay proper money for things to be done because they don't exactly have the knowledge, time or whatever it may be to do so themselves, so you go to professionals and you open up your wallet in doing so.

I do sincerely hope that both sides can come to an equitable solution and this can all be solved in a timely fashion.

I just found the mentality of some of the comments here a bit disturbing as I thought we were all adults here. It reminds me of "Ohhh I can't get into a accident because I drive carfully and have been accident free for 10 years" or times on the playground where us kids would say something like "My dad's better than your dad" and a rebuttle would be "No, My dad's better than your dad because my dad works here" etc. I wasn't really involved in that because I was snapping kids for their Jello but whatever =p.

You can't please everybody, that's just life.

e30blue
04-22-2009, 05:24 PM
E30Blue,

I am going after your friend because I am concerned about his after-thoughts...it's not like I am chasing after anyone with a car problem. The reason any of this came up, its because it was brought up..and not from Bushan (even when he came to the shop a week or so ago - not one word about this).

Quick question,
He brought the car back with knocking coming from the motor, you guys charged him another $250 bucks and still there was knocking. Then you guys wanted more cash to open up the motor. When he refused to spend the EXTRA money at your shop, you returned the keys to him and let him take the car.
So knowing that the car was still having problems and still knocking how come you weren't concerned about his "after thoughts" then but only now that it has become a public issue?

3g's is a lot of money, but it isnt my problem if he only has that amount and cant afford anything there after.

If your shop quoted him 3 grand for the swap, why is it that he should HAVE to afford anything there after? He paid what you asked, but bimmersport did not deliver on their end of the deal.

Now the questionability of good work is being brought up, I thought this was an issue of customer service? As others mentioned, parts may fail, engines may fail, but it isnt a question of installation...more a question of hardware condition.

CUSTOMER SERVICE? After the car left your lot the shop did absolutely nothing to attempt to fix the problem except try to squeeze more money out of him.

HARDWARE CONDITION? He got the parts from your shop. Isnt it up to you guys to ensure that the motor you,re providing is in good working order.

As you can see the people who got their engine swapped are happy customers, but there has also been times where swaps come back with an issue. The point being, those customers dealt with the matter appropriately and their problem has been solved.

How was he to deal with this appropriately? How about bringing the car back, when the problem arised, to your shop to have the issue resolved and nothing was done to fix it.

damameke
04-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Realistically.. every problem can be solved, some might just take
abit longer,

it's sad that another max sponsor has to defend itself openly
(remember the thread of ASPTuning - bad parts etc etc and Steve has to
defend his customer service).

from what I had read abut Bimmsersport, (I dont use them) I believed they probably would obliged to get this behind them

having said that.. I believed towards the end. it wil be resolved and I would love
to see a post of "happy ending thread".

Hmmmm.. should I have bimmersport maintain my car ???? ha ha Kidding

richie_s999
04-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Even with getting a motor tested no one can say there is no chance that a cam, rod, or something mechanical might let go I think this is what people are saying not that he was to cheap to do it right. What The shop in question said is right they have to open up the motor and see if was caused by mechanical failure or by some other reason this cost is always going to be absorbed by the customer unless they can prove it was the fault of mechanic doing the install. If the motor was not rebuilt and the owner just had them install a used motor how is it the fault of the shop doing the work it also sounds like the op of this thread may have somehow talked his friend into doing something and now is caught in the middle and trying to save face

Spartiatis
04-22-2009, 05:55 PM
For the people that have a problem with this guys post. Maybe u should read at what section this is in. My eyes see comments and feedback. So, he has full right to post his experience here.

E30 Girl
04-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Well then , with that prissy mentality, lets all go buy new cars when our cars need parts no? Jesus...

To E30blue:

Chupamelo amigo. :) Carry on

The point of the stament was you can't expect new quality from used parts. I use used parts in my car all the time but if it last a week, a year, or whatever I'm not going to go blame the shop before figuring out what exactly happened. If the used part in my car failed why wouldn't the used part I replaced it with fail?

You can't expect a shop to give everything away for free what if the problem with the car is because of driver error and has nothing to do with the install or the motor supplied (I'm not saying this is the case here but it is a possibility).

I heard a story today about a guy who bought a used turbo car and a week later the turbo blew. He went back to the owner and even though he didn't have to he purchased a used turbo for the guy from a car that he new well and was maintained. A week later that turbo blew...obviously wasn't a "part" issue.

spoony_prelude
04-22-2009, 06:12 PM
I went to bimmersport about 2 years ago when i blew the motor in my 328. Johnny was planning on swapping his 328 for an m3 so i bought his old motor. My experience wasnt the greatest. The job took a week to do. Here are some problems I had when I got the car back.
Windshield was cracked ( I asked charlie about it, he said it wasnt them)
wipers were put reversed(found this out first time i turned the wipers on it scratched all the paint from the top of my hood.)
reverse lights didnt work anymore
After picking the car up, while i was driving home the car started sputtering like a champ, ended up being a bad coil.
Also while driving home my car began overheating about 5mins from my house. 5min drive turned into a 2 hour drive, having to stop every so often and let the car cool down.
Before buying the motor I asked johnny if it was leaking oil, he said no (it was)
I also was dissapointed to see they hadnt washed my engine/engine bay as they seem to do when they do other members swaps. (maybe i should have asked?) I thought with the money i paid for a swap a engine wash wouldnt be to much to ask.

Anyways I don't talk about this much for one reason and only one. With all the problems I have to say Charlie is very dedicated to his buisness. I picked up the car on a friday night. after all the problems I called Charlie and left a msg at the shop. around 8:30pm He called me back appoligizing for what had happend. He had Johnny come to my house on saturday and fix the cooling issue which was the coolant return hose that was ripped out by the fan. johnny left. I took the car around the block, again the fan ripped off the hose. Called Charlie and left a msg again. Again later on that night, he called and appoligized, monday morning charlie had a tow truck come to my place picked up the car, took it back to his shop and i ended up using my old coils and doing a fan delete mod.

So i must say charlie is very dedicated to work.

Now when i did my complete M swap ( motor, tranny suspension brakes) I choose RMP and was super happy with their work! Great price, very high quality of work, and they had the swap on the motor done in 1 day, brakes/suspension in half a day!

Hope everything gets resolved well.

p.s. to Charlie And Johnny from Bimmersport, I'm not trying to put your shop down or insult you in any way! Just stating my experience with your shop. If any part of my story doesn't seem correct, please feel free to give your thoughts of what you remember happening.

Jay

AceOfSpades
04-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Bushan,

Like I just mentioned, the reason why I am comming off this way is because when you came to the shop you didnt even mention this! You even asked us for qoutes, which I respect your loyalty to us) but I dont get why you didnt say anything to us face to face,
How about having that customer to come back to you in hopes of having the car fixed. In my opinion, that is face to face

at least this whole situation wouldnt be blown out of proportion. I mean, your the one person he knows who is the most concerned since it was your referal, I just think you would have mentioned it if this is all recent talk between whoever.
I know that you guys can do amazing work. But after what happened, its kinda hard for me to recommend anyone to you. Think about if from my perspective. you sent one of your friends to a shop. they charged him $3Gs and after barely a few weeks, you friends is short of $3Gs and a car. Its not a fun thing to digest.

3g's is a lot of money, but it isnt my problem if he only has that amount and cant afford anything there after. My problem is the mechanics, not personal financial situations. I know it is a result of his predicament but you cannot factor personal issues into the situation. Despite that, we arent tight when it comes to billing...as you know and many know we are flexable (depending on the situation!! - dont get ideas guys :p)
That is a pretty childish thing to say, Especially after saying that the car would be running after spending $3000. if you quoted him $4gs, i am sure he would have walked out of the deal. So why not give honest quotes?
I am not factoring personal issues here. You asked $3000 and he PAID $3000. On top of this, he still paid another $250 after the swap that was uncalled for. People work hard for their money. When you said that it is not your problem if your customers can't afford anything there after. I could very well say that it is not my problem if you mess up a job that i paid you for and that you're solely responsible for anything there after. John, saying stuff like that just shows the quality of the customer service you provided to my friend

You provided the engine. It started having problems right after the swap. He paid some extra money to have something fixed, no question asked and soon after that the engine is totally gone. Lets say it was hardware condition, you were ready to charge him AGAIN to have the 'hardware' that you provided opened up

The car WAS at your shop for a while and you did absolutely NOTHING. Please take that into consideration too.

I even said the same words, my point is that behind the keyboard, or to someone elses face the true feelings come out...and to someone who takes care of your car, it isnt the best thing to do. Only because

1 - your problem wont be solved
2 - your pointlessly and without comming to a solution, hurting the reputation that takes people countless hours to build - and I think I can speak for all shops when I say this.
Now you asking me to come talk to you. Why didn't this happen right after the engine blew. If you did a good job, i'd post my good experiance.

I know I am the mechanic, but when it comes down to this I am not only a mechanic. Questions are asked as a means of comming to a conclusion/realization of the matter. I am asking you the questions because you fail to realize still that it isnt a "crappy swap" or a "bad job" it is a part that went down the drain. What does that have to do with the manner in how it is installed? I am trying to address the issue of the parts going bad, not how clean the swap is as that wasnt your arguement.
My bad. when a car isn't movable after a swap, i tend to call it a crappy job

Either way, posting on here isnt doing ANYTHING for your friend but making a good lunch time break for the people on max.
Hows that for customer service? That issue was brought up to you and now you think that it makes a good lunch time break. That is quality customer service

My advice is tell your friend to call us or come by, because the whole point of this was to clear this issue up. This happenned almost 7 months ago or more, and we never heard back from him after he took the car the 2nd time...now hearing it from someone else we would still like to fix it for him - even though there is no receipts, verbal contracts are still valid (well, for some people at least ;) )
He did come by and he did call you guys about this issue. Exactly, this happened more than 7 months ago and NOW you guys are potraying good customer service. Where was this good quality service when the car was at your shop waiting to be fixed?

ABUSTAIF
04-22-2009, 06:26 PM
i only read the post by bushon.... which is the first one

if u r talking about Anthony's car then everything u said doesn't makes sense why? because at that time i was taking care of customers in bimmersport and i was dealing with him directly

And here is the story .. Anthony came and we did a swap for him we put m52 in his 318 , after a few weeks he called and talked to me and told me that his car in knocking and i told him not to drive it and tow it to the shop and we will take care of it.
he came and dropped off the car.. one of the technician told me that there is no oil in the car.. we put the car on the hoist and the drain plug is fuked someone did an oil change for him and ruined the plug.. i called Anthony and he said that he did take it to another shop and he did an oil change , so i asked him if he wants me to fix the oil drain plug and put oil in the car to c if it will work he agreed with it. i told the technician to do it and after the oil change and re threading the oil pan the car didn't start.

I don't work for Bimmersport anymore and i don't post on max often but this is a problem that i have to deal with it although i don't work for them anymore but iam supporting them and left them on good terms.

If any of the worlds i used is not technical don't you guys get creative and get an excuse to talk shit i wasn't a mechanic and i'll never be one. i was just taking care of the business part and customer service. if you want to deal with it with the owner i will be more than happy to be there because i was the middle man and i know about this problem more than any one why? because i used to call him everyday to come and pick up his car and i even offered him that i'll give him an estimate so he can deal with the other shop.

If you want my phone number pm me

Have good day everyone and i hope the owner of the car and the owner of the shop will solve it and if you guys want me there i have no problem with it

Cheers

Jon@Bimmersport
04-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Thank you Moe.

Now that our side of the story was fully introduced to everyone.

Did you guys forget about the fact another shop stripped his pan and it was being driven with leaking oil, eventually almost no oil when it came back? I didnt mention it, because I was partially unaware as this is a new position for me as I am a full time tech @Bimmersport.

I bet if you open the question to max, we both know what the answer would be.

What I said wasnt childish, its the truth. Whats childish is this game. What happens when you run an engine on no oil? - I know im the mechanic here but you dont need to be one to know this answer.

prince1
04-22-2009, 06:33 PM
+10 for charlie and john
always do a great job

prince1
04-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Thank you Moe.

Now that our side of the story was fully introduced to everyone.

Did you guys forget about the fact another shop stripped his pan and it was being driven with leaking oil, eventually almost no oil when it came back? I didnt mention it, because I was partially unaware as this is a new position for me as I am a full time tech @Bimmersport.

I bet if you open the question to max, we both know what the answer would be.

What I said wasnt childish, its the truth. Whats childish is this game. What happens when you run an engine on no oil?

so with this said...... shudnt your friend be mad at the other shop he took it who mashed up the oil pan and not bimmer sport. engines obviously going to be knocking if theres no oil there. lol. Your friend didnt notice oil leaks??? I realize your friends mad and all but bimmer sport didnt mess this up.

ZiMMie
04-22-2009, 06:39 PM
i only read the post by bushon.... which is the first one

if u r talking about Anthony's car then everything u said doesn't makes sense why? because at that time i was taking care of customers in bimmersport and i was dealing with him directly

And here is the story .. Anthony came and we did a swap for him we put m52 in his 318 , after a few weeks he called and talked to me and told me that his car in knocking and i told him not to drive it and tow it to the shop and we will take care of it.
he came and dropped off the car.. one of the technician told me that there is no oil in the car.. we put the car on the hoist and the drain plug is fuked someone did an oil change for him and ruined the plug.. i called Anthony and he said that he did take it to another shop and he did an oil change , so i asked him if he wants me to fix the oil drain plug and put oil in the car to c if it will work he agreed with it. i told the technician to do it and after the oil change and re threading the oil pan the car didn't start.

I don't work for Bimmersport anymore and i don't post on max often but this is a problem that i have to deal with it although i don't work for them anymore but iam supporting them and left them on good terms.

If any of the worlds i used is not technical don't you guys get creative and get an excuse to talk shit i wasn't a mechanic and i'll never be one. i was just taking care of the business part and customer service. if you want to deal with it with the owner i will be more than happy to be there because i was the middle man and i know about this problem more than any one why? because i used to call him everyday to come and pick up his car and i even offered him that i'll give him an estimate so he can deal with the other shop.

If you want my phone number pm me

Have good day everyone and i hope the owner of the car and the owner of the car will solve it and if you guys want me there i have no problem with it

Cheers

What he said.I was the Tech that worked on the car. (swapped the motor) and checked when it came back.
When the car return to the shop, it had ZERO oil on the dip stick.
BONE DRY. Someone changed the oil and screwed up the thread on the oil drain plug. I don't know if the person forgot to put in oil after or they put in oil and it all leaked out. That why the motor went. we gave him a good compression/leak tested motor. We try'd everything to restore the motor but it looked like the lifters/bottom end Bearing has been overheated for a long period of time with no oil.

So i don't know how u will call that a "bad experience"

What i don't get this is, this was a long time ago why are u complaining now? You could have spoken to charlie regarding this and he'll have help you out but you decided to tow the car out of there.

all this is very funny to me. because this guy made no attempt to fix his car. He acted like he didn't care and then all of the sudden this post?

BigD
04-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Even if the engine wasn't brought in dead with no oil thanks to someone else, I find it really cute how people demand everything to have a lifetime warranty - even used parts. You paid 3 grand and want what, a 100k powertrain and bumper to bumper? Full money back? You paid for a used engine, and the labor to install said engine. If there was a problem with the labor, Bimmersport is liable. If you want a guaranteed engine, buy a new one. Otherwise this is equivalent to paying someone to install a used TV in your house and running your mouth on the internet because the TV took a shit (in this case, also having someone else dump a coke in the back of it). Yeah people work hard for their money but some people don't know what things are worth.

Someone asked, what's wrong with running your mouth on the internet - clearly nothing. But then by the same token there is even less wrong with long time customers and friends of the person in question, who have had him go above and beyond any kind of reasonable expectations of customer service, defending his name. If you want to question the man's integrity, this is the wrong place to do that.

Jon@Bimmersport
04-22-2009, 07:12 PM
How about having that customer to come back to you in hopes of having the car fixed. In my opinion, that is face to face

I was refering directly to YOU because later in the year it is comming from YOU on your friends behalf..dont speak for someone, if your not going to fullly defend them. So since I am dealing with you, and your friend didnt chime in here...I am not talking to anyone except you

I know that you guys can do amazing work. But after what happened, its kinda hard for me to recommend anyone to you. Think about if from my perspective. you sent one of your friends to a shop. they charged him $3Gs and after barely a few weeks, you friends is short of $3Gs and a car. Its not a fun thing to digest.

Neither is this whole story, especially after I cleared up the story with the employee that dealt with the situation. $3000 is a lot of money, and we spent a lot of our time (i.e. MONEY) to help you out of good gesture. So it isnt like we just take money without giving back (and more than just the job) - this point is being made, because of the emphasis on the figure $3000..which seems to be a strong point on your end.

That is a pretty childish thing to say, Especially after saying that the car would be running after spending $3000. if you quoted him $4gs, i am sure he would have walked out of the deal. So why not give honest quotes?
I am not factoring personal issues here. You asked $3000 and he PAID $3000. On top of this, he still paid another $250 after the swap that was uncalled for. People work hard for their money. When you said that it is not your problem if your customers can't afford anything there after. I could very well say that it is not my problem if you mess up a job that i paid you for and that you're solely responsible for anything there after. John, saying stuff like that just shows the quality of the customer service you provided to my friend

I dont understand what you mean about the qoute..nor do I see a relavance in terms of qoutes being honest...what isnt honest about the qoute? We didnt charge him for hours not worked...so...fill me in please. $250 as you can see was called for because your friend took it to some place for oil change...I am not saying because of money, or what but in the end...we didnt strip the oil pan. Bushan, saying what you said does not even make sense now given the situation. Dont say we messed up his job, because we didnt. Its VERY easy to point fingers, get your facts straight before you do it.

You provided the engine. It started having problems right after the swap. He paid some extra money to have something fixed, no question asked and soon after that the engine is totally gone. Lets say it was hardware condition, you were ready to charge him AGAIN to have the 'hardware' that you provided opened up

Again..problem after leaving our shop, or the other shop?

The car WAS at your shop for a while and you did absolutely NOTHING. Please take that into consideration too.

Moe tried contacting him, but didnt reach the customer.

Now you asking me to come talk to you. Why didn't this happen right after the engine blew. If you did a good job, i'd post my good experiance.

I asked why didnt you mention this, when you came and shook my hand...following the hey how are ya. It didnt follow with a "remember my buddy whos swap you did, there is a problem and he isnt happy".

My bad. when a car isn't movable after a swap, i tend to call it a crappy job

Hows that for customer service? That issue was brought up to you and now you think that it makes a good lunch time break. That is quality customer service

The issue wasnt brought up to me, it was brought to YOU..BY ME because I over heard a conversion. Out of care I PMd you asking whats up, whats your beef with that? Did I do something wrong here?

He did come by and he did call you guys about this issue. Exactly, this happened more than 7 months ago and NOW you guys are potraying good customer service. Where was this good quality service when the car was at your shop waiting to be fixed?

Your damn right customer service because we fixed his problem and Mike tried to help him out, we didnt put shit oil that was probably put either.

Bushan, Im STILL sorry I had to post this but your posts just now didnt put a smile on my face. This was meant to stay in PM or in person, and quite frankly its sad that in the end...still someones repuation had to get ruined, because people cant talk to anyone in private - which I originally tried to do with you, but you had to post. *thmbsdwn*

By the way...saying the car isnt movable and the mechanics did a crappy job, with little mechanical knowledge (from what you say of yourself) OR knowing the problem is what I would call...IGNORANCE.

Eurostyle
04-22-2009, 08:30 PM
For the people that have a problem with this guys post. Maybe u should read at what section this is in. My eyes see comments and feedback. So, he has full right to post his experience here.

Wrong! The post was made AFTER the story was told all over, and NOT to the people the it conserned. Its great to use the feedback section, i MUCH rather have that done then hearing from other people that someone is talking behind my back. IMO if you have a problem with someone, go talk to them, dont spread it all over...

And its still beyond me how how feedback can be make by someone other then the customer! :confused: Obviously a LOT of vital information was left out, that changes everything! :confused:

5thseries
04-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Your friend ****ed up

I said it.. Bimmersport did what they had to do, put the motor in.... Dont ****ing bash them for your friends boo boo... ha. if anything go rant to the dumb idiot who does not know how to screw a friggin nut in properly..

Ignorance.. rofl..

$500bimmer
04-22-2009, 08:51 PM
bah......sounds like a personal problem......no warr. on used parts PERIOD. and then it had no oil, not the shops problem(they even tried helping your friend out and your still complaining????) lol

sorry i dont mean to sound like a dick.....but people screw up and it sounds like your bud should talk to whom even messed his oil pan up....simple

prince1
04-22-2009, 08:53 PM
bah......sounds like a personal problem......no warr. on used parts PERIOD. and then it had no oil, not the shops problem(they even tried helping your friend out and your still complaining????) lol

sorry i dont mean to sound like a dick.....but people screw up and it sounds like your bud should talk to whom even messed his oil pan up....simple

+1
the other shop messed up

dbworld4k
04-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Interesting, Very interesting.

What gets me is how OP's friend never noticed his car leaking oil. Unless he's a magical road warrior and never stops driving, surely he must have stopped SOMEWHERE and noticed a puddle of thick, gooey liquid near his car? Just maybe? Or perhaps this other shop used dark matter oil that is super eco-friendly and evaporates when exposed to air. With all the green shit, you never know these days...

Michel
04-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Used parts = lower cost but higher risk

new parts = higher cost but lower risk

you said it man, you buy something used for cheap, if it craps out on you don't be surprised. I'm sure bimmersport will rectify the problem with this guy.

but seriosuly, when you have an m52 in an e30, don't tell me he was being gentle with his driving...*angel*

e30blue
04-22-2009, 10:27 PM
I'd like to apologize to johny blaze and everybody at bimmersport...i did not have the full story and was not aware of the stripped bolt and the leaking oil issue.

I'M SORRY BIMMERSPORT if I ruined your name or gave you bad publicity on the forum.

Kris

dbworld4k
04-22-2009, 10:32 PM
^Classic example of when you should get all your facts straight before coming to any conclusions.

FWIW, I hope the situation gets resolved, but from what I have read I don't see any liability in BimmerSport's hands. Seems like this other shop is to blame for some serious problems.

5thseries
04-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Rant Failed yoo

Bimmersport is victorious!

richie_s999
04-23-2009, 12:50 AM
all I have to say is WOW

OP - if he went to another shop and had an oil change, and this is the reason why the hell are you dragging this shit up with Bimmersport?

WHY NOT NAME THE SHOP WHO DID THE OIL CHANGE????????

thought something felt weird about this whole situation. Sounds like the owner realized it was his problem cause another shop ****ed up.

I think the OP of this mess owes Bimmersport an appollogy big time.

slemmer
04-23-2009, 09:00 AM
all I have to say is WOW

OP - if he went to another shop and had an oil change, and this is the reason why the hell are you dragging this shit up with Bimmersport?

thought something felt weird about this whole situation. Sounds like the owner realized it was his problem cause another shop ****ed up.

I think the OP of this mess owes Bimmersport an appollogy big time.

+1 on the apology and now I would like to see here the outcome of the shop that did the oil change!

BigD
04-23-2009, 09:05 AM

I'm going with Occam's razor here and assuming that he ****ed it up himself trying to change the oil, and while freaking about the stripped oil pan, forgot to put any oil in.

T.Dot_E30
04-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Wow, I like how none of this was mentioned by the OP, did you not know?

All he kept saying was $250, his friend paid $250, $250 for nothing and still a blown engine. If you cared to know, that $250 was for fixing the stripped oil pan that got ****ed up, and some proper oil put in.

Oh yea, in the OPs eyes they robbed him of $250 and did nothing to fix the problem.....If that is not ignorance I don't know what is.

I expect an apology from the OP.

At first I thought it was the used motor that was bad, but now it is clear it was because the engine was ran with no oil. Clearly the owner should be looking elsewhere for blame.

A mod should put [Resolved - Owner Mistake] in the title.

325ixE30
04-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Why trust some cheap shop to change your oil after spending so much money? Why not spend the extra $60 with the shop that knows the car?

When you find a good shop/mechanic STICK WITH THEM!

Fel
04-23-2009, 10:08 AM
I didn't want to say anything before, but I will now.

Let me preface this by saying I've never had any dealings with the shop in question, so there is no bias.

From the way the OP was made, and the slim details that were posted, my first instinct on this was user error. "Only a couple weeks" after an engine swap is a long enough time to **** up an engine. If it started knocking on the way home, that's one thing.... but a couple weeks later sends a little red flag up. Put someone behind the wheel of a new more powerful engine, and they'll likely be in the mood to give it a good workout.

Now that more details are out, this is clearly the fault of the owner. First of all, if I got an engine swap and needed an oil change done, I'd be going back to the show that did the swap so they could check out the engine anyways!! Make sure everything looks good. Why take it to another shop? They obviously ****ed something up huge. Unless of course the owner was actually doing it himself and ****ed it up due to lack of knowledge or butterfingers, who knows. Then he's even more to blame.

Frankly this entire thread is disgusting. It's amazing how some people will just jump on the hate train without any knowledge of the situation, just because they have had some sort of past issue with a shop. It's pretty immature and pathetic. If anything, this should never have come up. If the owner of the car wanted to voice their opinion, they should have posted on here (or joined up to voice their opinion, if they aren't currently a member). It's fine being an intermediary, but it comes with the risk of not having all the facts.

An expensive lesson, for sure. But one I'm sure the car's owner won't forget.

damameke
04-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Double WOW !!!!

AlpWhitE46
04-23-2009, 12:40 PM
damn i barely check / post on maxbimmer much but its turned into such a hate forum...

deal with stuff personally ... PM or face to face.

I've gotten stuff done at bimmersport quite a few times (nothing huge) but every time charlie and john were fair...
i'm sure if this was brought up properly they would do everything they could to help your friend.

JNSchnitzer
04-23-2009, 01:43 PM
^ +1

e36_freak
04-23-2009, 03:55 PM
glad to see the truth finally came to light on this situation. Bimmersport FTW again

AceOfSpades
04-23-2009, 07:43 PM
i'm apologize to the Bimmersport crew. I stated what i've been told which sound foul from my perspective

i'm very sorry that happened

here's what i've been told
after the engine swap, the engine was running shitty
following that, an he did an oil change because it was running shitty. (it doesn't make sense to change the oil after a week or 2. If he wanted an oil change, he would have asked you while doing the swap) that's when the oil pan got stripped
the car was towed to bimmersport, obviously after it left a huge oil patch on the driveway
you guys fixed it
you also said that it was ready to go, and then the engine was gone

whatever its 7 months old. not that i can do anything right now. you guys brought it up. Whose right/ whose wrong....i don't know anymore

VSanj
04-23-2009, 09:44 PM
^^good for u for apologising, it sucks not having all of the facts before talking. we all make that mistake at times.

hey charlie, jonny, see u guys tommarow, i need some work done...........BIMMERSPORT FTW!

$500bimmer
04-23-2009, 10:37 PM
hahaha

Saw Charlie today, hes the best.

AceOfSpades
04-23-2009, 10:48 PM
The point of the stament was you can't expect new quality from used parts. I use used parts in my car all the time but if it last a week, a year, or whatever I'm not going to go blame the shop before figuring out what exactly happened. If the used part in my car failed why wouldn't the used part I replaced it with fail?

You can't expect a shop to give everything away for free what if the problem with the car is because of driver error and has nothing to do with the install or the motor supplied (I'm not saying this is the case here but it is a possibility).

I heard a story today about a guy who bought a used turbo car and a week later the turbo blew. He went back to the owner and even though he didn't have to he purchased a used turbo for the guy from a car that he new well and was maintained. A week later that turbo blew...obviously wasn't a "part" issue.
honestly, if i were you i'd stick to the kitchen.
i can't understand what you're trying to say:confused:

5thseries
04-23-2009, 10:53 PM
^ WOWWW........ You're dumb.... think before you press "post quick reply"... that's rather disrespectful what you just said...

e36_freak
04-23-2009, 10:53 PM

LoL whats she gonna do in the kitchen ? LoL:D

Eurostyle
04-23-2009, 11:06 PM
^ WOWWW........ You're dumb.... think before you press "post quick reply"... that's rather disrespectful what you just said...

No, trust me, you dont want to see her in the kitchen! Or most other places of your house! *th-up*

richie_s999
04-24-2009, 12:45 AM

wow you might be the biggest ass on here, first you try and bash a good shop without knowing the truth, then a coment like that!!! I was happy to see you half assed said your sorry for starting that shit and then you come up with that. You should left well enough alone.

dbworld4k
04-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Okay before this turns to another pissing contest, I say the mods should close the thread and edit the title as per Trevor's post. No need for this to remain open any more as every party has said everything that needs to be said.

damameke
04-24-2009, 07:08 AM
Okay before this turns to another pissing contest, I say the mods should close the thread and edit the title as per Trevor's post. No need for this to remain open any more as every party has said everything that needs to be said.

Agree 100%

Close this and move on....

VSanj
04-24-2009, 07:42 AM
No, trust me, you dont want to see her in the kitchen! Or most other places of your house! *th-up*

bahahahahaha..............in before close!

Jon@Bimmersport
04-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Alright guys, this wasnt about E30_girl or cooking it was about an engine.

Either way, E30 blue thanks for the apology and your honesty.

Bushan, I completely dont understand why its so hard to realize that...if you had an engine swap, and you arent happy...dont try and fix it yourself. In no way is your friend or you right to assume facts and go talking to people without even knowing all the facts (this story came from you in person, in your first post, and now in your last and theyre all different). That is the point, depsite trying to fix it we tried to help but your friend messed it up on his own. Your friend/who ever changed the oil did a shitty job, and that is where the fault is. Just for the record, you were talking with your buddies about this matter...so basically, YOU brought it up and we just followed up on what was said..to clear the issue. Your the one who got pissed off from my PM, saying I claimed we're right and hes wrong so you posted. Bushan, if you didnt spread false rumors none of this would be brought up, and this is the last time I'll say this but it wasnt about what was said..it was about your friend having an engine in the car. Clearly you got upset thinking people twisted your story, when you didnt even have yours straight on top of it you name call that person, and act pretty childish about this matter. Also ripping on E30 girl after she gave her opinion proves your childness. (Im not taking sides on that whole side issue as well!) Maybe you should have rippped on me, or Charlie but what are you to say? We always treated you well, and if I recall we fixed your reverse lights after your undercoating. The shop told you we messed up, when the plug was STILL on the sensor and the wires were CLEANLY cut by a side cutter. Point being, we connected it back up and that was the end of it.

Lesson of the day - dont try and be the mechanic, if you arent mechanically inclined..on top of it, if you paid money for something and it is defective take it back...dont experiment!

Fel
04-24-2009, 10:17 AM
:D Oh man, this thread just went from an 8 to a 10.

*sigh*..... well, hopefully this is a lesson to keep your mouth shut unless you know the facts.

....in before the lock :D