PDA

View Full Version : I so want one!!!!!

magnus
04-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Awesome looking BUG with WRX STi engine!!!!!*th-up**rockout**mw*

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ES2l6nWj_68&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ES2l6nWj_68&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CASPER
04-14-2009, 11:12 PM
omg!!!wtf!!!looks like a blast to drive too......

Porter86
04-14-2009, 11:30 PM
that would be a serious joy to drive!!

piotrek636
04-15-2009, 01:39 PM
It looks like it's only RWD not AWD.

magnus
04-15-2009, 03:03 PM
It looks like it's only RWD not AWD.

No1 said its AWD.
Subaru boxers fit on old VW quite easily using modified VW boxes!

m60e30
04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
hahahahha AWD

Blades
04-22-2009, 04:23 PM
No1 said its AWD.
Subaru boxers fit on old VW quite easily using modified VW boxes!

???

in the video exactly how many wheels do you see spinning? ...... there you go.

magnus
04-22-2009, 07:35 PM
???

in the video exactly how many wheels do you see spinning? ...... there you go.

Please tell me you dont see all 4......if you do something is wrong with your vision.
Even if say he had done a AWD conversion he wouldnt be able to run wider wheels at the back and narrower the front. And i dont see how it could be AWD as engine is at the back......please explain how he would power the front wheels unless he spend thousands and thousants of dollars building his own transmision system.

If you still think you see all four check the video at 17sec when you see the launch from the rear or towards the end when its on slow motion.

Blades
04-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Please tell me you dont see all 4......if you do something is wrong with your vision.
Even if say he had done a AWD conversion he wouldnt be able to run wider wheels at the back and narrower the front. And i dont see how it could be AWD as engine is at the back......please explain how he would power the front wheels unless he spend thousands and thousants of dollars building his own transmision system.

If you still think you see all four check the video at 17sec when you see the launch from the rear or towards the end when its on slow motion.

my bad I thought you meant some one named "No1" said it was AWD.

I definitely see that its RWD.

magnus
04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
No worries!

piotrek636
04-23-2009, 05:00 PM
hahah LOL

I should have been more clear, all I was trying to say that it's not impressive at all, what's the point of swapping in a engine that has it's most potential with the AWD drivetrain ....

It's been done with porsche engines before, it's actually humiliating to put a jap-scrap motor on a german car, just like the the import cars with chev 350 engines....

anyway *th-up* for the attempt at something different, still not impressive

Blades
04-23-2009, 05:59 PM
hahah LOL
it's actually humiliating to put a jap-scrap motor on a mexican car, just like the the import cars with chev 350 engines....

fixed *th-up*

b-dawgGTA
04-23-2009, 11:57 PM
*th-up*Best sleeper ever award

calegrant
04-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Sleeper? Pretty sure I wouldn't **** with something that had slicks :P

magnus
04-25-2009, 02:09 PM
hahah LOL

I should have been more clear, all I was trying to say that it's not impressive at all, what's the point of swapping in a engine that has it's most potential with the AWD drivetrain ....

It's been done with porsche engines before, it's actually humiliating to put a jap-scrap motor on a german car, just like the the import cars with chev 350 engines....

First of all since the engine is at the back the gains of an AWD drivetrain are almost non existent.
Look at 911 Porche. They really dont need the system unless you drive on ice.
Plus in this case Beetles generally can generate more than enough grip (powerfull beetles tend to lift the front wheels).
Secondly i would not call the subaru motor just a jap-scrap.
Its not unknown that both the EJ Subaru motors as the 4G63 from Mitsubishi can kick some serious ass and in most cases beat most competition plus are super reliable and very tunable.
Lastly if something can be improved by the use of a product from another market well.....why not?
Look at the AC Cobra......British chassi and US motor. It proved unbeatable in its time.
Same with the GT40 and myriad other cars.
Just cause the engine isnt European or American doesnt mean its crap.