PDA

View Full Version : Seat Removal Help 325ix

Brent
04-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi Guys,

I pulled all the seats out of my 325is coupe no problem. Now I am in the process of pulling some really nice front seats out of a 325ix sedan. Front bolts, no problem, the backs not so much. Between the seat and the bolt locacted in the track, there is barely enough room for me to fit a regular socket, and then I can't get the ratchet on without damaging the seat. I didn't have the right sized wrench, but it didn't look like a wrench would fit or turn either due to the track.

I have 2 questions-1) Has anyone done this before, what tool did you use? (I don't want to waste another trip) 2) Will the 325ix seats fit in all other models of BMW? (I am getting these with an eye to resell them, I want to make sure there is demand). My understanding is that ix cars can only take the ix seats, I don't know if the other cars will take them...

richie_s999
04-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Slide the seat as far forward as possible and use the hieght adjuster to raise the seat up and that should help use a shallow socket on the rear bolts all e30 seats bolt up the same

supernaught
04-07-2009, 10:51 PM
you should also get the correct sized wrench.
When I remove mine, its simply sockets and combination wrenches. Nothing special.
The pass side seat should fit any car but the drivers seat is a little different. You would need rails/brackets from a normal e30 to make them fit. Usually this shouldn't be a problem, the buyer can just refit to the IX seats. Its been done.
How nice are these seats?
And what's attached to the seats(as in - what's left of the car)?

matty.dc
04-08-2009, 10:27 AM
ive removed and replaced a bunch of these seats and all you have to do is slide the seat all the way forward and everytime they come out no problem.