PDA

View Full Version : Issue with purchasing a new car!

kuds
04-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Hello everyone. I haven't posted in a while, but am finally getting a BMW again, so I need some advice.

I'm basically purchasing a 2009 328i, 4dr. I originally wanted a sport package, automatic, and navigation. Those were the only options. At first, at the dealership, we were told that there were none like that in the "pipeline", so it was impossible to get one (in our black/black color choice). We decided to let go of the navigation, but the next day, the salesperson called us to say we could have a custom one, like we want, from Germany. We were very happy, and said to add the navigation back on there. Finally, they called back today to say that we HAVE to get the Premium package in order to get the Navigation... It's complete BULL! I can't believe that I would have to pay an extra $2800 of stuff that I don't want or need, in order to pay the $2000 on the navigation.
I sent a complain email to the salesperson, but not much to do.

Anyone has any thoughts on how I should proceed to get what we want? I think it's terrible that BMW would mislead their client's expectations in the brochures and on the website....

Look forward to seeing what people have to say!

328IScreamer
04-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Production numbers for vehicles arn't exactly at an all time high right now.
If it was me I would have used it as an excuse to get the premium package haha but since you arn't interested I'm not sure what to tell you.
In your defense BMW should be able to cater to their customers wants/needs a bit better especially now with so much fierce competition out there for performance sedans

kuds
04-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Ok, so finally turns out that it's something that BMW just changed in the 3 series. Because of the way the navigation computer is setup, it requires certain things that are part of the premium package, bla bla bla... so we just decided to take it with the premium package, why not?!... Black on Saddle Brown interior, should be hot!
Can't wait!!

damameke
04-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Ok, so finally turns out that it's something that BMW just changed in the 3 series. Because of the way the navigation computer is setup, it requires certain things that are part of the premium package, bla bla bla... so we just decided to take it with the premium package, why not?!... Black on Saddle Brown interior, should be hot!
Can't wait!!

Premium package with navi system.. you wil luv it

congrats...

kpkoolk
04-15-2009, 12:10 AM
I got the same bull. One dealer told me nav was only $2K.
Another dealer told me Nav requires the Executive package ... so basically $4800 for nav + other stuff I don't care about.
I said forget it - I'll never use NAV anyway and at $4800 - that's a bit steep for feature I would rarely use. But the iDrive looks feels tres kool.

tonapa26
05-04-2009, 08:38 PM
kuds.....I've sent you a private message.

Stephanie
05-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Congrats on the new machine!! You will love it...
I don't have Navi in my E93, so I'm super jealous! It's such an awesome option...
Enjoy!

Understated
05-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Good call!...09s get the new iDrive which is absolutely gorgeous to look at!

TIVUEMPIRE
06-08-2009, 11:11 PM
You wont regret the navigation.

https://sathees-siva.sslpowered.com/335icoupe/maxbimmer/IMG_1118.jpg

europrince
06-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Congrats on the purchase, buddy!

kuds
06-10-2009, 01:00 PM
thank you guys! my fiance still isn't convince on the extra 3g's for the nav, but glad to hear it's worth it.
can't wait! delivery should be in the next few weeks!