PDA

View Full Version : WAR Chip.

InfiniteDice
04-06-2009, 06:15 PM
At Miller performance, looks pretty good, 3 maps, no wiring, just pop that thing in your stock ecu brain-box and start editing.

If it's less than 500$ I think I'll get one.

I think this is like Shark Edit.

e30_kid89
04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't think you can "edit" tables. I think it allows you to have more than one tune on the chip and give you the ability to cycle between them.

Like for example a stock tune for when you want to cruise and have economy and then you can instantly switch to your Hi-peformance tune for when you're feeling naughty.

InfiniteDice
04-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Well from what I gather, you do all the editing in software then just update one of the 3 maps on the chip. Or you can download one that someone else made, so whatever the mod is, you can re-tune the car for instead of having someone else make another chip, or mess around with standalones/piggybacks.

Sounds like a pretty good option, I'm awaiting a price though, before I make any decisions.

///tyron
04-06-2009, 08:28 PM
i think its suppose to be around 300 dollars.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1195099&highlight=WAR+chip

have fun reading through this hahaha most of it, is alot of bs, but there is some info on the chip.

InfiniteDice
04-06-2009, 09:08 PM
For $350 I'm getting this for sure. It's just too cool to pass up, a rotary dash mounted switch for up to 4 tunes. Permanent USB wire (just have that puppy hang out in the glove box for easy access). File sharing, so if I suck at tuning, I can get your cool tune.

All sounds good to me.

Docherty
04-06-2009, 11:26 PM
id probably go for camber kits first man.

InfiniteDice
04-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Oh for sure, and good suggestion! This is out May, I have a few other replacement items to get as well, which are more important.