PDA

View Full Version : Evo 992bhp

magnus
04-05-2009, 08:40 AM
This is one of the more famous Evos in Greece.
Not the fastest in any eay but still impressive considering its street legal and used daily!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V_C38hR2i0g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V_C38hR2i0g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MiroE36
04-05-2009, 11:18 PM
wow... fast

EMPOWERD
04-06-2009, 09:12 AM
All that power with a driver that can't even shift?? = dangerous!

magnus
04-06-2009, 10:05 AM
All that power with a driver that can't even shift?? = dangerous!

Lol that is true.
But with a gearbox like his and the power he is running missing a gear is very easy.
In any case he is running a rev limiter so unless he goes from 4th down to 2nd or third down to first he is pretty safe!

EMPOWERD
04-06-2009, 11:10 AM
true, I was also referring to his tendancy to stay on the 1st gear limiter (slow 2nd up-shift). With all that grip, it should sound like a WRC car launching.

magnus
04-06-2009, 12:19 PM
if you drive on greek tarmac you will understand why he does that. The roads are like glass so no traction. Plus first gear has lower boost and revs.

mudmojo
04-16-2009, 03:55 AM
Is it just me or is that clutch slipping loads?

magnus
04-16-2009, 04:11 AM
Is it just me or is that clutch slipping loads?

It may be but as i have driven on the roads there i would say its the car loosing traction and the driver adjusts throttle.
Roads in Greece have really crappy tarmac. Sometimes feels like driving on glass.

mudmojo
04-16-2009, 04:36 AM
In big turbo'ed 4 bangers (even stroked 4G63's), one cannot pedal the throttle to maintain traction. As soon as the power is backed off, one has to respool and that kills all acceleration for a bit. Don't know how much ALS will help out in that case.

magnus
04-16-2009, 10:22 AM
In big turbo'ed 4 bangers (even stroked 4G63's), one cannot pedal the throttle to maintain traction. As soon as the power is backed off, one has to respool and that kills all acceleration for a bit. Don't know how much ALS will help out in that case.

That is true but i meant the throtle. Clutch is more ore less on off when you are using some triple one or something.
However imagine accelareting on wet tarmac. There is alot of play in throtle before you come off boost and need to spool up again. Its similar to that.
This is why i told you you need to drive in greece in these roads to understand.
On my s13 (running 330bhp) i got wheelspin from third to fourth on these roads on the dry. There is barely any traction and therefore why you can paly with throttle.
ALS also gives you power from low down to high end so range is wayyyy wider.
Saying that i did say that maybe it is the clutch, i just said that this might be the other reason.*wave*

JUS_CRZN
04-21-2009, 02:50 PM
With those times I'd say he's doing alright.

DriveItSideways
04-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Hp numbers dont mean too much, its all about the TUNE!

JazzM
04-21-2009, 07:06 PM
so true... can't shift worth ass... even on the 1000m run he misses 4th completely! LOL

T.

magnus
04-22-2009, 07:08 AM
so true... can't shift worth ass... even on the 1000m run he misses 4th completely! LOL

T.

Well its not exactly easy to change gears on boxes like that (straight cut reinforced and with tripple plate) and especially when running big power. But in any case the post was about the car not the driver.

Ohh and i think you mean 5th.