PDA

View Full Version : axle bolt help

W2WDETAILING
04-04-2009, 02:00 PM
FML i cant get the axle bolt off any tricks i have a 30mm socket i heated the nut up with proplexilane or how ever you spell it and the ****er wont come off! any tips/suggestions im not using and impact gun because i cant find it!!!

iignite
04-04-2009, 03:32 PM
best way is to use a gun. If you can find a brass hammer, whack it a couple times along with some nut buster

wow, that sounded weird...

Mister
04-04-2009, 04:38 PM
FML i cant get the axle bolt off any tricks i have a 30mm socket i heated the nut up with proplexilane or how ever you spell it and the ****er wont come off! any tips/suggestions im not using and impact gun because i cant find it!!!
Heat it up again,but this time have cold water handy,Heat it, then purge it with the water,and get on to her with the 30 mm and Mr Johnson.Mister

supernaught
04-04-2009, 07:52 PM
^ agreed, but make sure you have the locking plate removed, then you just need to use a loooong pipe on the end of your breaker bar(or ratchet or whatever). I've used a 5 ft steel bar on my johnson bar to break a few free.

W2WDETAILING
04-04-2009, 11:23 PM
^ agreed, but make sure you have the locking plate removed, then you just need to use a loooong pipe on the end of your breaker bar(or ratchet or whatever). I've used a 5 ft steel bar on my johnson bar to break a few free.

i heated it up purged it with water then put the ratchet with a long bar to give me better leverage and that didnt work either. i got fed up so i went and bought an impact gun. hit it with the impact and still no go i had to heat it up then impact it off. i pulled off the rear right rotor and this is what i saw... now my question is how the **** do i put the new springs in because thy turn into the brake shield and my shield is rotten? can i buy new shields?? or do i have to rig something up??

the left side also looked like that the clips for the springs rusted out and there were No springs holding anything down i drove 5,000km like this...... *shiner*

craz azn
04-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Looks like you will need new backing plates. Been there before with my older e30s. Unfortunately, you will have to take the hub off to replace it. If you had no springs in there, your brake shoes must have been noisey and whatnot bouncing around in there. Probably not great if they get stuck in an awkward position or something.

W2WDETAILING
04-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Looks like you will need new backing plates. Been there before with my older e30s. Unfortunately, you will have to take the hub off to replace it. If you had no springs in there, your brake shoes must have been noisey and whatnot bouncing around in there. Probably not great if they get stuck in an awkward position or something.

ahh fuk that then ill just put something in thier to hold the springs im not pulling the hub off!!! i will just use the top of the springs i have since i have to get a new spring kit and it will hold it in...they were in a very akward position and the dicks at stcatherines euro imports never fixed it eventho i paid them to do it. i have new shoes anyways but i lost some springs so i need a new spring kit! anyone have a spring kit? if not ill order a kit from advance autoparts on monday. but i was hoping to do it sooner!

supernaught
04-05-2009, 09:58 AM
if you're in a tight spot you can use bolts with washers, take whats left of your spring into a decent hardware store and have them find a close match. With bolts and washers you don't need to remove the backing plate(or hub), and if you use nylock nuts with a little loctite, they wont come loose. I had this same thing happen to me a few months back, got the suggestion from a forum member and it worked. I got all I needed from Home Depot. Take all your old hardware in so you get the right sized bolt/nut/spring/washer combo.
Its not the right way to do it but it works. Should only be considered temporary if you do something like this.

W2WDETAILING
04-05-2009, 01:41 PM
if you're in a tight spot you can use bolts with washers, take whats left of your spring into a decent hardware store and have them find a close match. With bolts and washers you don't need to remove the backing plate(or hub), and if you use nylock nuts with a little loctite, they wont come loose. I had this same thing happen to me a few months back, got the suggestion from a forum member and it worked. I got all I needed from Home Depot. Take all your old hardware in so you get the right sized bolt/nut/spring/washer combo.
Its not the right way to do it but it works. Should only be considered temporary if you do something like this.

i didnt even think about doing that...it will be a temp fix for a few months or atleast the summer its better then having no e brake/ a broken one...*th-up* for that idea

supernaught
04-06-2009, 01:09 AM
you got it. just make sure you adjust the pads properly before you go tearing off thinking all is well.

e30_kid89
04-06-2009, 01:26 AM
with a breaker bar + a 5ft cheater you should break that bish loose.

El Gato Liso
04-06-2009, 01:47 PM
takingo ff that hub was a major bitch.

when i did it...we did it without any heat. it took a can of WD40 to eat away any rust that it can...AND about a 17 foot pole for leverage.

that 17 foot pole with the ratchet in it....BLOUUUUUWWWWWWWWW the axel nut came lose.

woofster
04-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Axle bolts are a pain, plain and simple. I had to do some CV joints many, many years ago and even with compressed tools, it was a b-tch.

^ 17 foot pole...sometimes even that might not be enough. TNT would be the next option.

Axxe
04-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Real impact tools FTW.

craz azn
04-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Real impact tools FTW.

Lulz. +1.

everlast
04-06-2009, 05:30 PM

+1 this works well. I had a backing plate let go on the highway. The wheel locked up, and thanks to my non-LSD, the other wheel doubled in speed.

OMFG that was scary.

e30_kid89
04-06-2009, 05:51 PM
A real breaker bar will work better than a ratchet. I learned the hard way.

I broke 5 of my 1/2" drive ratchets trying to break the front crank nut loose on my brothers 535i.

Once we got a 3/4" drive breaker bar + heat + 9ft cheater bar, We pwn'd that biatch.

slimjim
04-06-2009, 05:52 PM
2 options.....get a good impact gun, or hit the gym :P.

i did this the other day, just use a long pole + 1/2inch drive + 30mm.....+ a 24 case (brand is optional) for extra measure....use all these tools, and ur golden......make that car ur bitch, show her wat ur workin wit

1'M Seriesus
04-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Heat it up again,but this time have cold water handy,Heat it, then purge it with the water,and get on to her with the 30 mm and Mr Johnson.Mister
not a good idea because that will weaken the the steel that you are heating up and cooling rapidly, it will make it the steel fragile

side note: NEVER HEAT UP HARDEND STEEL OR HIGH GRADE STEEL AND COOL IT RAPIDLY IN WATER, WEAKENS THE SHIT OUT OF IT

everlast
04-06-2009, 10:40 PM
^^ I believe seriesus speaks truth. It's called temper brittling. You need to hit some serious temperatures to make this happen, but its possible.

Its the rapid change in temperature that can free up the bolt. You get a similar effect shooting the nut with a can of freeze or a can of air upside down. But really, just heating the nut (and avoiding directly heating the bolt) and penetrating oil (not wd-40) will work if anything will work.

1'M Seriesus
04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
if you heat it up to the point of the metal glowing, even the slightest bit and cooling it you can fcuk it up, I'm a construction millwright i work with steel all the time, so I know alot about it lol

P.S. Anyone need a roll cage built give me a shout.

craz azn
04-08-2009, 04:36 PM
if you heat it up to the point of the metal glowing, even the slightest bit and cooling it you can fcuk it up, I'm a construction millwright i work with steel all the time, so I know alot about it lol

P.S. Anyone need a roll cage built give me a shout.

So, lets see pics of the roll cages you've built in the past :rolleyes:

everlast
04-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Are you disbelieving his knowledge of steel tempering?

craz azn
04-08-2009, 04:53 PM
No, but just a knowledge of metal doesn't mean you can design, bend, and weld a cage together. Judging from some of his other posts in other threads, I am highly skeptical. My research of cage designs lately sparked my interest in that comment.

Axxe
04-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Tempering steel is never good, but if you are heating up the nut, you should replace it after.

1'M Seriesus
04-08-2009, 09:05 PM
No, but just a knowledge of metal doesn't mean you can design, bend, and weld a cage together. Judging from some of his other posts in other threads, I am highly skeptical. My research of cage designs lately sparked my interest in that comment.

Well considering I'm a Red Seal Welder and a 3rd year construction millwright apprentice i think i know a thing or two about welding and fabrication, and yes i have worked on a roll cage before and no I didn't make it myself, but i can easily make one probably with in a weekend if i have everything that i need, and dont run into problems like a weak floor, i have access to a tube bender, i have my own welder, and i got my all position ticket, for carbon and stainless steel, my 6g pipe ticket for carbon steel, and those are for SMAW (ARC) aka "stick" welding and not MIG which is so easy the easiest welding process and my TIG ticket for stainless and aluminum, and i also have Solidworks 2007 which i'm quite familiar with aswell, so unless you know i suggest you keep your kind words to yourself

Thank You :rolleyes:

plus what other post i've made 11 lol

everlast
04-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Dude, you going to have to learn something here... I positioned this because I knew you were going to get called out on this; this is the wrong type of response. This is not a forum where we argue and upshot each other, this is a forum where we help and encourage. The guy you're talking to really knows his shit too, so you need to drop the attitude. (See? I'm not saying you DON'T know, I'm just saying he DOES.)

Instead of being ^^ this way, try just explaining what you've done and being friendly. Nobody would tolerate someone talking to them this way in person, so it doesn't belong here either.

Take another stab at this post. Like, call a mulligan and try again. Try posting some pics of what you've done. Or offer to make a design in Solidworks and post it up. You might find that people here know more than you think, and you will learn from them.

Or better yet, make a roll cage yourself, then post pics!! And if the community like the cage, says its good, etc, send it to me. I'll show it off for ya, k? :D

1'M Seriesus
04-08-2009, 09:28 PM
i'm not trying to upshot anyone, i'm simply stating facts and yes thats the way i talk to people, i'm not backwards about being forwards, i'm not offering up to build a roll cage to start a business, all I am saying is i'm an experienced welder/fabricator, and if anyone needs welding work done to their car or something fabricated i could help them out, instead of paying out the ass for so called "professionals" to rape people and not even do it correctly, i don't know about you, but would you trust someone who works at a garage to weld a roll cage to save your life or someone who has repaired and fabricated various pieces at a nuclear power plant that have to pass x-ray examinations to be declared "safe", your call

everlast
04-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Well, you blew that didn't you. What you're being is not "forwards", it's being a bit of a braggart.

FYI, no, I wouldn't trust my life in a roll cage to you, a welder who's never designed a roll cage. I would trust a race shop who'd build and designed roll cages.

Unless you've designed some, in which case you should have posted them by now.

Unsubscribed from thread.

1'M Seriesus
04-09-2009, 03:06 AM
well there ya go a roll cage designed in solid works, go ahead i know some expert will come along with this and that, a roll cage can be made in many different ways, yeah i could have put in more X's in it but its just over kill unless you plan on driving out of a C130 cargo plane and plan on surviving when you hit the dirt, and when i get an e30 and put a roll cage in it, i can post pictures or if someone wants one i will gladly make one for you for free (you supply materials) so people can mind their comments.

And I thought it might get confusing for some who aren't use to Solid Works, so I colour coded things to understand it a bit better

Blue - Those pieces will have to be cut to size and welded in
Red - Those will be single pieces of tubing that are bent to shape, with a tube bender

and the last one is for you everlast, with that one there is soooo much structural support you would win a head on collision with a tank, go pay a few grand for a "professional" roll cage lol while your at it toss in a few for a good education for yourself

Axxe
04-09-2009, 09:00 AM
So many things wrong with that cage I don't know where to start.........

craz azn
04-09-2009, 09:16 AM
LOOOLLLLLLLLOLOLLLLLLL. You are kidding right?

1'M Seriesus
04-09-2009, 01:42 PM
So many things wrong with that cage I don't know where to start.........

whats wrong with it then go ahead start explaining

Axxe
04-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Not worth my time.

BMW BMXer
04-09-2009, 03:56 PM
I ****ing love e30 threads.

adam325i
04-09-2009, 05:37 PM
ah this is good. i don't know to much about roll cages but if i had that in my car it would be a bit over kill. this isn't nascar. i would say make one for street and limited track use. just my 2 cents

everlast
04-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Holy **** Seriesus, I stuck up for you in this thread and this is how you repay? Most people on this board can attest to the fact that I *rarely* get pissed off at someone, but listen carefully to me here:

**** off.

I will consider revising my education when you learn to spell and stop being a smug know it all that clearly doesn't know it all.

craz azn
04-09-2009, 06:37 PM
^^Epic reply sir. Well played. *rockout*:) looll.

richie_s999
04-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Wow this guy sound like he should be on rev3 lol serious dude your going at 2 of the most knowledgable guy's on any Bmw site and they are both stand up people too i think your best to ease up or start a new profile and try over again

PinkieMoscow
04-09-2009, 10:35 PM
ya'll aint got nothing on my cage.

1'M Seriesus
04-09-2009, 11:54 PM
FYI, no, I wouldn't trust my life in a roll cage to you, a welder who's never designed a roll cage.
Unsubscribed from thread.

good thing you were defending me buddy, but thanks for the help, and axxe, you obviously can't point anything wrong with it or else you would, but try again, seems like every time someone new on this board comes along they get bashed unless they have no life and time to post over 3,000 times in a month,

and yes i am a welder A CERTIFIED WELDER, not some MIG monkey, pushing wire, I've built buildings you've probably been in or will be in, and they still haven't collapsed due to poor welding techniques, and I'm a year away from being a CERTIFIED MILLWRIGHT,so i believe I have quite an array of knowledge when it comes to mechanics, hydraulics, electrical and pneumatics and when gasoline engines are so simple, thats why automotive technicians are referred as grease monkey's, because monkeys are not as smart as humans, well maybe not some people any ways

The third picture is a full race cage the last two are a joke obviously, and there are also some parts that aren't needed but are added in to increase stiffness of the car, same as stitch welding the seems on the chassis and polyurethane and aluminum bushings, and a street roll cage is can be nothing more than just a simple hoop and a support in the middle for 5 point racing harnesses.

Anyone else want to challenge me? step up to the plate, i'm hungry

heres one for the "street", which me personally i wouldn't want in my car during a roll over because most roll overs result in the front of the roofing and windshield caving in towards the passengers

craz azn
04-09-2009, 11:58 PM
monkey, please shut up.

everlast
04-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Ok, I actually unsubbed from this nonsense and still get emails. Dammit. Wait a sec here...

(wait for it)

How you would know that everytime someone new comes along they get bashed.. unless this isn't your first time around?! (queue scary sounding music) *don don dahhhhhn*

:D

In any case, yes, you're a certified welder, we get it. It doesn't mean you are an engineer. You don't design the things you weld, you weld them. That alone would have been something to go on, but somehow (likely your own personal inadequacies) you felt like you needed to "up the ante" and prove you can do other things, when in fact you may have gone a little in over your head.

It makes you look rather stupid when you constantly put people down then certify that you're still in school. Technically speaking you're saying that you still have more to learn, and no post-education experience. WTG.

I can guarantee that each person on this board has experience and knowledge in an area that you do not. But I don't hear people preaching about it.

Just you.

That is all.

W2WDETAILING
04-10-2009, 12:23 AM
ya'll aint got nothing on my cage.

nah man my cage is better then yours *wave*

get your own thread where you can aimlessly argue with yourself and get bashed. hell if you don't want to make one im sure someone else wont have a problem..."step up to the plate im hungry"....think your mr know it all? do yourself a favor and shut up!!. *th-up*

PinkieMoscow
04-10-2009, 12:25 AM
W2W, ever think of a carrier change? That's definitely a talent.

W2WDETAILING
04-10-2009, 12:27 AM
"PinkieMoscow W2W, ever think of a carrier change? That's definitely a talent."

daily..jk

PinkieMoscow
04-10-2009, 12:34 AM
I would have to agree with Everlast. No one is calling you a bad welder, you may have years of welding experience (that's no innuendo, you probably do) but it doesn't necessarily mean you know how to design. Engineers are taught to know where pressure and stress would be at which time and how to distribute them properly. No one here is bashing on your skills as a welder, just all I wanted to say. I think it would be a good thing to apologize (<-too strong of a word) for the misinterpretation. These guys are pretty stand up, and would respect you for making the right decision and calling yourself out. (I hope they're stand up, you all better damn be stand up guys).

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 12:38 AM
no i'm not a certified engineer, but considering i can operate solid works the same as a engineer would use to design a product, everything is done in computers nows all the calculations are taken into account there is no real technical know how these days in the engineering world, there are so many programs that analyze and test for stress and weakness in a design such as CosmosXpress Analysis Wizard (which i used on the rollcage that had some many error's they couldn't even been pointed out) the real engineering thought process is not really needed as it was in the pre-computer era

and my own personal inadequacies? did you have to look that one up in your thesaurus?

why would i limit myself to what I can and can't do? Unlike some people i enjoy expanding my knowledge and being able to do more than one thing,I can do anything I have the determination to learn and better myself, and guess what i'm going to do after I finish my millwright apprenticeship, yup another one! steam fitter!, keeps my wages increasing and i will always have a job,because there is always a demand for one of them, who will be more valuable a person who can do one thing or a person who can do many and i wont be unemployed like the thousands upon thousand that are now unemployed because they stuck to their one job, and never tried to learn, their factory job was good enough

so dont kill those last few brain cells you have left trying to muster up another response to try and "up the ante" on me because you will lose

night

W2WDETAILING
04-10-2009, 12:43 AM
These guys are pretty stand up, and would respect you for making the right decision and calling yourself out. (I hope they're stand up, you all better damn be stand up guys).

I was standing up while i was trying to read wtf your saying now im sitting down and im still confused :confused:

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 12:44 AM
nah man my cage is better then yours *wave*

get your own thread where you can aimlessly argue with yourself and get bashed. hell if you don't want to make one im sure someone else wont have a problem..."step up to the plate im hungry"....think your mr know it all? do yourself a favor and shut up!!. *th-up*

thats probably how your car detailing looks too, like shit

PinkieMoscow
04-10-2009, 12:44 AM
=O, what's with all this beef. Please stop swinging your virtual testicles because everyone is a man online. Don't try and pull off phrases like that in real life.

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 12:47 AM
lol funny how this all started because one person doubted someone right off the hop, with out know shit all about the person who has made 11 post lol keep it up * lol what i say here i'll say it to your face, i'll drive and meet you just to make a point, i dont give two shits, not even one

W2WDETAILING
04-10-2009, 12:49 AM
thats probably how your car detailing looks too, like shit

Woah Woah Woah buddy dont think you can come on here starting that shit mr keyboard warrior.get the **** out of this thread. we are saying sure you know how to weld but your cage design is flawd..where the **** do you come in saying my car detailing looks like shit... wow you need to grow the **** up....any more bullshit from you and a mod will have to be involved..

supernaught
04-10-2009, 12:50 AM
you shouldn't be allowed to use a computer.
doubt quantified

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 12:54 AM
freedom of speech, never said anything about me being a bad welder, wheres the flaws point them out, you show me the flaws in the design thats in blue and red, and i will even send you the saved file and stress test it yourself and see how it is, plus good engineering and shitty welding doesn't mean anything, a good weld with a 1/8" 7018 rod can with stand 70,000 pounds of pressure per square inch, try that with a MIG and try welding pipe with a and ARC welder and tell me which you'd trust bad engineering or good welding

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Woah Woah Woah buddy dont think you can come on here starting that shit mr keyboard warrior.get the **** out of this thread. we are saying sure you know how to weld but your cage design is flawd..where the **** do you come in saying my car detailing looks like shit... wow you need to grow the **** up....any more bullshit from you and a mod will have to be involved..

you can doubt my design, but i can't doubt your workmanship? fair enough, ps get a mod freedom of speech what can they do ban me for stating my opinion like many others have followed from one person? wont hurt my feelings any

W2WDETAILING
04-10-2009, 12:56 AM
freedom of speech, never said anything about me being a bad welder, wheres the flaws point them out, you show me the flaws in the design thats in blue and red, and i will even send you the saved file and stress test it yourself and see how it is, plus good engineering and shitty welding doesn't mean anything, a good weld with a 1/8" 7018 rod can with stand 70,000 pounds of pressure per square inch, try that with a MIG and try welding pipe with a and ARC welder and tell me which you'd trust bad engineering or good welding

ok no one cares

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 12:57 AM
ok no one cares

point proven

supernaught
04-10-2009, 12:58 AM
id prefer good engineering and good welding... and some cool stickers for more torque

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 01:00 AM
like i said prove me wrong and i will glady retract every single statement i made, with a note of apology to everyone i have offended and doubted... until then, i will stand my ground

supernaught
04-10-2009, 01:06 AM
you might need to prove yourself right first, or wrong. design a cage and put it in your e30. then bring it to a meet. document your build.

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 01:17 AM
you might need to prove yourself right first, or wrong. design a cage and put it in your e30. then bring it to a meet. document your build.

I'm always right until, I'm proven wrong, i worked on a roll cage with pretty much exact same design, so whats any different, well there is no gussets attaching it to the roof and window frame as the race car with this design, i will have pictures tomorrow just to prove a point there is nothing wrong with my design, and this cage was designed by a ENGINEER!

plus the bolt in roll cages do you actually trust your life to them?, even the highest grade 8 bolts which are super strong, there is a special process in which these bolts are made and before they actually get hard they are brittle as glass, so what happens if a hand full of these bolts get out in circulation say 1 in every thousand and one ends up in your cage,so much for a professionally engineered "universal" roll cage

adam325i
04-10-2009, 01:22 AM
i thought you said that you designed this cage on soildworks yourself? are you steeling other peoples ideas?

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 01:25 AM
with pretty much exact same design,

learn to read, and yeah the one i just whipped up downloaded it from your computer..watch out I hack PC's too,

ha ha Smartie

adam325i
04-10-2009, 01:27 AM
and this cage was designed by a ENGINEER!

i rest my case

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 01:37 AM
yes the one i worked on was. Good for you, you can read congratulations, hooked on phonics has a poster child now

Axxe
04-10-2009, 02:18 AM
Hahahaha. Gold.

W2WDETAILING
04-10-2009, 03:29 AM
yes the one i worked on was. Good for you, you can read congratulations, hooked on phonics has a poster child now

yeah they do *shiner**shiner*

richie_s999
04-10-2009, 10:10 AM
holy shit, this guy's ****ed, I don't think he's worth the time to rebuild, sent him to the scrap yard. Suttle hints are way over his head. NO ONE IS TAKING AWAY FROM YOUR WELDING CERTIFICATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have some serious inadiquicy issues you need to sort out. I am pretty light hearted on here, and now you are pissing me off about the way your going on. I think you like getting people upset, you probly have your hand down your pants cause your getting attention for the first time in years by being a dick.

Anything said by this guy should just be ignored, don't respond and he will leave, he just need the attention his mother never gave him.

supernaught
04-10-2009, 10:20 AM
hahahahaha

BMW BMXer
04-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Hahahaha. Gold.

Gold Jerry Gold! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0qm0KUPeD8)

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 12:55 PM
no one ever said anything about me being a bad welder,

please learn to read, I know no one is saying i'm a bad welder, i'm proving a point and funny how it went from me not being able to design a cage to me being ****ed lol you kids need to start using your brains

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 01:03 PM
holy shit, this guy's ****ed, I don't think he's worth the time to rebuild, sent him to the scrap yard. Suttle hints are way over his head. NO ONE IS TAKING AWAY FROM YOUR WELDING CERTIFICATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have some serious inadiquicy issues you need to sort out.

maybe you should read before you start making comments, bet you had to Google inadequacies to figure out what it means, and if you cant spell a word don't use it

he just need the attention his mother never gave him.

Speaking from personal experience are we lad?

adam325i
04-10-2009, 01:17 PM
let me get this. if i have to ''up'' 1'm seriesus.

if anybodys needs help building a aircraft give me a call. im a licenced pilot

W2WDETAILING
04-10-2009, 01:20 PM

pm sent!...jk

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 01:22 PM

congratulations *th-up* and guess what need a heart transplant call a surgeon, theres a lot more, no wait MILLIONS of people who are up higher than me, i'm just stating i'm not an idiot and very capable and knowledgeable, but certain people seem to challenge me

W2WDETAILING
04-10-2009, 01:27 PM
congratulations *th-up* and guess what need a heart transplant call a surgeon, theres a lot more, no wait MILLIONS of people who are up higher than me, i'm just stating i'm not an idiot and very capable and knowledgeable, but certain people seem to challenge me

"and guess what need a heart transplant call a surgeon" your such a tool!!!!!!!!!!
" i'm not an idiot" ohh yeah :confused: your definitely not :rolleyes:

richie_s999
04-10-2009, 01:31 PM
ignore him Zack...he will go away :)

adam325i
04-10-2009, 01:35 PM
thats the diffrence then if your a welder you don't design what you weld to save peoples life that and engineers job

im a pilot i don't design planes to save peoples life, thats an engineers job, and fyi pilots need to know ever function and piece of there aircraft all there limitations. so don't come back here saying that desinging a roll cage and a aircraft is diffrent

W2WDETAILING
04-10-2009, 01:35 PM
ignore him Zack...he will go away :)

yeah good idea!

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 01:57 PM
yes i understand what you are saying about engineering, but you dont have to goto school and have a certification to know engineering just like you don't to know how cars work, and be able to fix them, just like saying its a mechanics job to fix your cars, so dont touch them, i've studied all about engineering i have been taught by engineer friends how to Properly Use Solidworks and Auto CAD, so I have some what of a back ground in engineering and designing and after high school i went to college to become a mechanical engineer, but dropped out because i hate sitting behind a computer all the time, so i do have some what of a decent background in engineering and pretty good at what I can do,

I know some of you will put this under the micro scope even a engineer will tell you he can have the best design in the world and safest and what not, but it still come down to how good the person building it is, has nothing to do with the engineering, plus there have been so many times we have been working on a project and the engineers ****ed up, and WE the millwrights and welders have told them how it would work best...just because it looks good on paper doesn't mean anything when it comes to actually building it

adam325i
04-10-2009, 02:16 PM
so did you get your axle nut off? what did u end up using?

W2WDETAILING
04-10-2009, 02:31 PM
so did you get your axle nut off? what did u end up using?

heat and an impact they were on there tight as hell

adam325i
04-10-2009, 02:49 PM
ah thats good you got it off,now you can help out everybody else out with them stuck now since your a pro, lol

W2WDETAILING
04-10-2009, 03:11 PM
ah thats good you got it off,now you can help out everybody else out with them stuck now since your a pro, lol

impact gun,and torch are in the garage just waiting for the call. lol

Axxe
04-10-2009, 04:33 PM
yes i understand what you are saying about engineering, but you dont have to goto school and have a certification to know engineering

HAHAHAHAHAAHA. You really are a ****ing idiot.

FYI, knowing how to use solidworks and AutoCAD makes you a technician, AKA, an engineer's bitch.

BigD
04-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Coles notes:

Don't come on here with all that readin n writin n shit, all that countin n shit. I can count too, one two fo five, so what? I'm an engineer biatch!

1'M Seriesus
04-10-2009, 06:44 PM
ya so what i take it, in the ass,?? your point?
i can do that too!;)

PinkieMoscow
04-10-2009, 10:01 PM
seriesus they have a cage building thread in the general chat section. Check it out.