PDA

View Full Version : Potential auto to manual swap request..

BMWnoob
04-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Hey guys,

I might have found an e30 vert...1988 325...guy on the phone sounds promising... (but we'll see)

It's auto though.. anyone interested in doing a potential swap from auto to manual? I would need all the necessary parts too.. lol

Going check the car out tonight...

craz azn
04-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Sent you a PM Ken.

TopSpeed
04-03-2009, 06:34 PM
I know richie_s999 parted a few cars out and he just might have something for an awesome price!

Really great seller!

BMWnoob
04-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Well I'm not sure what to do.. Car has 8 previous owners this guy is the 9th the previous owners were all companies of some sort.. Car looks decent though some rust on the rear fender underneath and also on the trunk lights...2500 seems too much.. What do you think guys death trap? Engine light, brake lights and license plate light was on....????? He said cause it needs a computer reset cause new brakes and brake lines are done... Any thoughts?

Worth 1500 maybe?

Ceeker
04-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Sometimes the computer will give false readings...it happened to me tonight. all those lights were on in the car and all my lights were working fine. Usually this goes away after the next start up or disconnect the battery and the comp. resets. Many owners doesn't necessarily mean the car is bad. if all the owners took care of the car then it's fine. But not always. Check for work records; see if they have any. Secondly. I don't usually buy a e30 with license lights rusting. This means it's alot worse once you start digging and is a common problem with most of em. To fix "properly" you'd need to cut the tail panel out and weld a new one in. I had that done once. Depending on what condition the interior and body is in and also including the roof- all this would reflect the price. Roof that is torn is 500-1000 to replace. 1500+500 is already 2000. then rust repair...? I've seen plenty of e30's converts included and people were asking silly prices. Not realizing that ton's of money was needed to fix it up properly just to make it road worthy. Just because it's a bmw doesn't mean it still isn't a car. Rust doesn't discriminate. good luck

BMWnoob
04-04-2009, 12:15 AM
As always thanks for the advice everyone...

guy says new brakes, disc, shocks, rad, gas tank, line filter, ebrake and brake line.. but no paper work for anyone if...

no service history at all.. i think i'll have to keep looking... he drove it out to me in the rain today... and the roof was solid, the back window is cracked though and there is a small leak cause i saw water dripping into the back right seat... but it wasn't soaked from the pouring rain though lol...