PDA

View Full Version : Clean car, anyone from maxbimmer?

lvan
03-24-2009, 06:19 PM
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-BMW-1991-BMW-318is-5speed-W0QQAdIdZ115269891

5K ballpark

sic///M
03-24-2009, 07:15 PM
must be mint, sexy car

Ceeker
03-24-2009, 07:52 PM
MUST BE MINT!!! AND IT ISN'T!! I was the first to see the car. It needs TLC which drops the price considerably. notice the ad doesn't show the front end of the car? why not?
Because he doesn't want to show you the big dent on the right from top fender. I boosted it with my own battery when it was in Toronto; car ran like shit. it was horrible.
Motor made a ton of noise and told the guy selling it- this doesn't sound right. Oil was down a litre as well. Minor rust along door seams; so it WAS winter driven unlike the ad claimed. A/C doesn't work; fan is seized; car sat for a couple years as well. small tear in pass door panel; missing factory BBS wheels too. here is the clincher....

WHY!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!! repaint the car with only 106k on it? This means it was painted earlier in its life. Has mild body kit on it.
I was told the owner had money, did so because he felt like it not because it needed it.
RED FLAG went off in my head.
Ok, in fairness, the car is really nice with these exceptions. is it worth 5k? noway...
needs about a grand or two to make it perfect. there is minor under body rust as well.
Mileage means nothing....for its age and mileage it IS where it is supposed to be perhaps a little bit neglected. I've seen cleaner ones with 200k.

I e-mailed the guy with my concerns....I never heard back....guess he knows I know something....(Grin)

"k"car man
03-25-2009, 09:53 AM
I asked him for some more pic's let you know if he sends them.