PDA

View Full Version : replacing front half brake lines

W2WDETAILING
03-22-2009, 11:07 AM
need some info about replacing brake lines in my e30 went to start it the other day drove up and down my driveway and my brake line gave out. i took a look and decided i want to replace the whole front section of line. the rear end was done when i got the car was safety 2 years ago. also looking to buy local not online.

e30_kid89
03-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Buy the right fittings and the right size lines from crappy. get a flaring tool, bending tool and go to town.

W2WDETAILING
03-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Buy the right fittings and the right size lines from crappy. get a flaring tool, bending tool and go to town.

ok what is the oe size of the line?

iignite
03-22-2009, 04:29 PM
not too sure, but fitting and making brake lines are a PITA

W2WDETAILING
03-22-2009, 04:39 PM
FML! so i got a roll of line and a roll of the gas line tubing since it is rusted to hell thought i would change those as well..SOOO here is my dilemma my gas lines are rusted to hell and the only way to get those stupid clips off is to grind them out... i dont feel comfortable grinding within a 10th of a inch of a rusted to f@#$ gas line grr

so im just taking a break and going to grab the extinguisher, dis-connect and drain the lines disconnect them from the rail and hope all is good. on that note does anyone know what the large steel line that goes from the rear to the engine bay and it goes into a little black cannister the line was so rotted it broke appart it has been like that for some while i guess it is located along the left of the frame on the drivers side..wtf is it it has brake fluid evidence in it???? *shiner*