PDA

View Full Version : light cover

"k"car man
03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Looking for some highbeam covers or pic's of what you guy's have done to cover the hole. I'm not using the highbeams as I can't fit the bulbs for the turbo tubes.

SamE30e
03-17-2009, 03:49 PM
What?

If you're talking about what I'm thinking of, find some plexiglass, rough it up, cut it, paint it black.

e30_kid89
03-17-2009, 04:03 PM
turbo tubes?:D sounds intresting.

SamE30e
03-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Turbo tubes have bulbs? Thats some fuhraze turbo shit.

craz azn
03-17-2009, 04:32 PM
hahaa. Just as fuh raze as my cars halogen fluid.

"k"car man
03-18-2009, 08:36 AM
My intercooler is sitting behind the grille between the lights so the tubes are in the way to put the bulbs in. I've seen some cars having some kinda grille in the highbeam lights, they sat on the inside and were curved like the lens would be. Not sure if it was a fab up job or bought

E30M42cab
03-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Princess Auto sells off road lights that are made by Autopal (they come in a red box, one light per box, and they have a chrome housing). They are a 5 3/4" ~ 100 watt H3 setup, that when you take the housing apart, they have the three little tabs on the back of the lense that are the same tabs as the sealed beam. They don't have a plug on the back as the bulb is countersunk into the housing... depending on how tight your fit is, they may squeeze in, and they might be a better option than no highbeam at all. They don't sit as deep as the sealed beam, but mount up perfectly. Super bright clear lenses, flood patern, and come in clear or yellow, if they still sell them.

"k"car man
03-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Princess Auto sells off road lights that are made by Autopal (they come in a red box, one light per box, and they have a chrome housing). They are a 5 3/4" ~ 100 watt H3 setup, that when you take the housing apart, they have the three little tabs on the back of the lense that are the same tabs as the sealed beam. They don't have a plug on the back as the bulb is countersunk into the housing... depending on how tight your fit is, they may squeeze in, and they might be a better option than no highbeam at all. They don't sit as deep as the sealed beam, but mount up perfectly. Super bright clear lenses, flood patern, and come in clear or yellow, if they still sell them.

Thank I will check it out, there is one close to me.

E30M42cab
03-18-2009, 07:04 PM
1850 Barton Street E, Hamilton

http://www.princessauto.com/PAcountry.cfm?CTRY=CAN&INF=home

I usually find them in the "surplus" section.

If you can't find them, I believe I have a spare or two lying around with clear lenses... I'd just have to know how much clearance you need.

SamE30e
03-18-2009, 08:08 PM

The mad scientist here, easy Toretto.

"k"car man
03-19-2009, 08:10 AM
I work at the auto Wreckers on Fruitland so Princess auto is only 5 mins from me, only problem I have going in there is I come out with a ton of stuff I will never use...lol... I will check them out tomorrow night and see what they have and tonight I will measure the space I have.

Thanks