PDA

View Full Version : Rim repair shops in the GTA

JunzieB
03-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Anyone know of any decent rim repair shops in or around the GTA?

Prices, experience, good or bad. Post them up please.

TIA.

moscowpete
03-17-2009, 05:30 PM
The only place I have heard of are the guys around Steeles & Keele (?). I have heard good things about them from a number of friends and dealers. However, you may have to book an appointment as they are very busy.

Rim Technician (The name that I have in my phone)
416 740 3773 Nigel or Vinne.

Hope this helps

Mikeee46coup
03-17-2009, 05:39 PM
From my experiences;

The worst is Collision Networks, shitty work, jerk owner, steer clear.

The best is Carcone's in Aurora; amazing, gods of wheels!

craz azn
03-17-2009, 06:03 PM
The worst is Collision Networks, shitty work, jerk owner, steer clear.

+ 1 Billion. Never going there again.

Stephanie
03-17-2009, 08:48 PM
F@$%&*G potholes...
might need to find a reputable place too...

JunzieB
03-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks fo the advice and heads up so far guys, I'll give Rim technicain a call today for pricing.

Meth09
03-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Try Wicked Wheels at 36 Fieldway Rd, Etobicoke, 416.234.1688
They repair and refinish rims for BMW Canada and Mercedes Benz.

trd_mr2
03-18-2009, 10:21 AM
yea i heard carcones gives good rim jobs

BMW_7
03-18-2009, 10:23 AM
The only place I have heard of are the guys around Steeles & Keele (?). I have heard good things about them from a number of friends and dealers. However, you may have to book an appointment as they are very busy.

Rim Technician (The name that I have in my phone)
416 740 3773 Nigel or Vinne.

Hope this helps

Nigel is a crook and he is clueless how to even put a 3 piece wheel together, without having it leak Not only they lost a bolt they don't know how to apply sealant.

If they can't even do that I would NEVER trust them with any wheel repair work

moscowpete
03-18-2009, 06:17 PM
^
Well now I know. However, this is the first negative comment I have heard about them.

rendered
03-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Isn't it called Rim Technique?

Any info is good to know! negative or positive!

BMW_7
03-18-2009, 07:36 PM
^
Well now I know. However, this is the first negative comment I have heard about them.

I dunno about anyone else but I had a shit experience with him. When I kept coming back to him with a leaky wheel he gave me attitude as if I'm losing him money with having to work on my wheel so much.

In the end, if you say you can do something, but you're clueless and take my money then you're a crook. In the end I went to a maxmember (Axxe) and he solved my problem in his garage and some sealant lol.

GTA_G20
03-28-2009, 08:21 PM
dealt personally with "wheel fix " before and everytime I sent them my wheel it would crack again. Sent it there 3 times in one summer and it only got repaired to be sent back to me and work for 3 weeks and then start cracking and leaking.

Went to Carcone's and had to drive up to Aurora. But one time bang fixed.

Wheel fix comes and picks up wheel and drops off, Carcones is a wrecking yard with a wheel repair shop.

Next time Im going Carcone's hands down!

Tom
03-29-2009, 05:13 PM
hey man if you want good work for reasonable prices goto precision rim repair on rivalda rd in weston I think it is (to me its in sauga, as im from waterloo :P) but he fixed my bent/curb rash rim and then powerdercoated them all in the same building which you dont find often and it seems like there always busy so you have to make a appointment and drop your rims off! tell him tom with the silver bmw sent you myb hell give you a deal :P

heres there website actually... http://www.rim-repair.com/