PDA

View Full Version : Faraz auto ... any experience?

ScotcH
03-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Anyone have any experience with Faraz auto? Are these guys ok, legit, or scammers? How hard will I have to work to get a decent deal?

Dado 540
03-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Been there many times looking at some bimmers. From what i saw the guy has really nice cars. I dont think he bothers with bullshit vehicles. But his prices are a bit high. I dont think you would go wrong by buying his car, but then again who knows.

skru_fase
03-16-2009, 09:23 PM
i bought my e46 from there, and a buddy bought a cayenne. both of us were happy with our purchases. who were you dealing with?

ScotcH
03-16-2009, 09:45 PM
i bought my e46 from there, and a buddy bought a cayenne. both of us were happy with our purchases. who were you dealing with?

No one yet ... they have a car I'm interested in is all. Anyone in particular I should talk to?

dbworld4k
03-16-2009, 11:51 PM
I talked to them when looking for my E46. I managed to knock a lot off the asking price after some hard-nose negotiations. They seemed legit, all their claims checked out vs. my own research on certain VINs.

El Gato Liso
03-17-2009, 12:19 AM
they have an e30 m3 for 14k$
i keep seeing it on my way home from york and im like OOOHLALALALAAAA
its beside the e46 m3...both of those cars beside each others...

TNation
03-17-2009, 12:27 AM
My Dad bought his 05 G35X from them. They were really great, showed us a Carproof of the car, let us take the car to Infiniti for a PPI before the sale (we did this in addition to the warranty they offered us), set up the whole deal professionally, had the car detailed before delivery, and overall did a great job. The car's been awesome too, I'd recommend them for sure. They seemed to be down to earth there as well.

moscowpete
03-17-2009, 01:30 AM
I bought my e46 330i from there in November. Family has bought cars from him as well as a number of friends. Go there, bargain and buy. Speak to Ben or Ali. They will help you out. That M3 has MINT paint. Beautiful car.

rendered
03-17-2009, 04:21 AM
ugh. I thought we learned to stay away from dealers in this area?!

many years ago, I put a large deposit on one of their cars. They knew I wasn't going to pay full asking price for the vehicle. So apparently some lady walked in same day (an hour after I left, had to wait next day for the bank to open), offered them full asking price for the car I had secured with my deposit, but instead she had to do financing through that dealership (whereas I was paying cash next day).

They sold me and my deposit out for some sucker who came in needing financing and willing to pay full asking price. Oh well right? Thats not the worst part.

I went in next day excited to pick up and pay for my new car from them, only to hear the bad news some other woman came in and offered them more for the car and they sold it to her instead of me who had cash, but two grand less than their asking price which was totally fair if you ask me.

Anyways, long story short, they gave me a hard time getting my deposit back. Tried to assure me to let them keep my desposit as they could find me the exact car next week bullshit, etc etc. I didn't believe it for a second. I had to fight for it!

A little bit of arguing went back and forth and I finally recieved my deposit back, and will never recommend or step foot in that place again.

Thats just bad business practice. They're no different than those other shady places on Finch ave and surrounding area.

StikiGreenZ
03-17-2009, 08:32 AM
^^^Holy crap man, seems like you've been to every dealership in the city, and have bad experiences with most of them.

I know 2-3 families that buy their cars from there, and my sister picked up her 1.7EL last year there, no problems at all. Very honest people from what I see. I recommend them.

damameke
03-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Had to fight for your deposit after the car was sold for asking price...!!!

good business practise would have them calling you the same day and
apologised to you and asked you to come in and pick up your deposit...

bmw335i
03-17-2009, 09:21 AM
faraz.. are these guys at finch and dufferin?

Another BM
03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
i picked up a car off them.
They were alright.

lol looks like they sold a couple of us e46s.

TNation
03-17-2009, 11:04 AM
ugh. I thought we learned to stay away from dealers in this area?!

many years ago, I put a large deposit on one of their cars. They knew I wasn't going to pay full asking price for the vehicle. So apparently some lady walked in same day (an hour after I left, had to wait next day for the bank to open), offered them full asking price for the car I had secured with my deposit, but instead she had to do financing through that dealership (whereas I was paying cash next day).

They sold me and my deposit out for some sucker who came in needing financing and willing to pay full asking price. Oh well right? Thats not the worst part.

I went in next day excited to pick up and pay for my new car from them, only to hear the bad news some other woman came in and offered them more for the car and they sold it to her instead of me who had cash, but two grand less than their asking price which was totally fair if you ask me.

Anyways, long story short, they gave me a hard time getting my deposit back. Tried to assure me to let them keep my desposit as they could find me the exact car next week bullshit, etc etc. I didn't believe it for a second. I had to fight for it!

A little bit of arguing went back and forth and I finally recieved my deposit back, and will never recommend or step foot in that place again.

Thats just bad business practice. They're no different than those other shady places on Finch ave and surrounding area.

Honestly you can find that anywhere. A friend went through the similar thing at an Audi dealership in Calgary, and South Deerfoot Suzuki in Calgary was notorious for not refunding deposits and/or giving a hard time about them. Even if this did happen to you at Faraz, chances are, it could happen anywhere. I know for a FACT that many dealerships do not like to give back deposits (I've dealt with lots of dealerships), and will do anything they possibly can to keep your deposit. Welcome to the automotive industry. Considering the area, Faraz has some quality vehicles there, and they were really honest and upfront about their car's history and condition; the service was 50 times better than a dealership, which is arguably full of hack mechanics and product advisers who don't give a damn about the customer whatsoever.

slemmer
03-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Is it in their terms and conditions to not refund the money? If not, then they must give it back or you can call your credit card vendor to deny payment since receipt of goods was not delivered.

ScotcH
03-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Well, sounds like some positive info, and some negative (what else is new). I'm interested in the e46 M3 they have. Problem is I'm in Ottawa, so of course, it's going to be a hassle. Just wanted some feedback on them before I make the 4hr drive. Basically, it's important that the cars they have are not misrepresented, and that seems to be ok.

Hey rendered: If you could find me a car like that, and be willing to take my Subaru off my hands in exchange, I'd be contacting you immedietly ... unfortunately, I don't think you'd go for that :D

TNation
03-17-2009, 12:37 PM
^ if only the dollar was on par, there's way better deals in the US for M3's

slemmer
03-17-2009, 04:05 PM
The only par we'll see around here for a while will be golf scores - and that's sometimes hard to do!

Dado 540
03-17-2009, 05:26 PM
faraz.. are these guys at finch and dufferin?

They are located on Keele just South of Finch. First light south on East side of Keele

skru_fase
03-17-2009, 09:38 PM
to the op, myself and my friend (from what i remember) both dealt with ben. i think he is one of the owners.

rendered
03-18-2009, 06:33 PM
^^^Holy crap man, seems like you've been to every dealership in the city, and have bad experiences with most of them.

I know 2-3 families that buy their cars from there, and my sister picked up her 1.7EL last year there, no problems at all. Very honest people from what I see. I recommend them.

Just my luck man. And its part of my job to know any dealer I can in Canada as I'm in the online marketing/website business.

And in my spare time, I'm buying and trading cars with a lot of the other good dealers in Ontario so I know most of the owners personally, their sales staff, and their business practice.

On a good note about Faraz, they did have some nice cars. Too bad I don't trust snakey people.

ScotcH, I found you a few E46 M3 coupes under $29,000, and cabriolets under $36,000. One of the best ones that I would personally buy for myself if I liked Imola Red more, would be that 2002 E46 M3 coupe belonging to a friend of mine for $26,000. I sent you the pics right?

I could possibly use a Subaru depending on the colour mileage and tranny... I could also wholesale it very quickly for you as well for cash :) There's a few options you have to get rid of it!

TNation
03-18-2009, 08:22 PM
ScotcH, you can get better deals than $26,000 for an 02 E46 M3
you can get 03's in the US with lower miles for for $21-23k
want a Cabriolet?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=259695842&dealer_id=67719&car_year=2003&rdm=1237422475701&model=M3&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=18000&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=48201&advanced=y&end_year=2004&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=30000&cardist=266&standard=false
want a Coupe?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=249801624&dealer_id=100025824&car_year=2004&rdm=1237422475701&model=M3&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=18000&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=48201&advanced=y&end_year=2004&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=30000&cardist=1015&standard=false
Prices are cheap, look around. I don't recommend buying from here, too much crap and salt on our roads, buy from the US where's there's either a) no winter like Phoenix, or b) a place with a lot less snow on the roads
again, I'd wait it out until the dollar becomes much closer, on par, before I'd buy, because the M3's in Canada are picked over and are too expensive.

lvan
03-18-2009, 08:27 PM
I was just looking on bimmer forums. Some dude was offering his E36 M3 for 8k. It had 120k miles , in fair condition. Lost job and got desperate. Guess what, he sold the car for 4.5K lol. Also clean title. Many deals like that on there. I am not buying a car in Canada no matter what. There are also nice E46 M3 and some sweet ZHP with crazy interiors.

TNation
03-18-2009, 08:51 PM
I was just looking on bimmer forums. Some dude was offering his E36 M3 for 8k. It had 120k miles , in fair condition. Lost job and got desperate. Guess what, he sold the car for 4.5K lol. Also clean title. Many deals like that on there. I am not buying a car in Canada no matter what. There are also nice E46 M3 and some sweet ZHP with crazy interiors.

you're a very smart person than. The deals in the US are unreal! way more options, most are in much better shape because they don't see the conditions we face here in Canada, and lots of sweet interiors. Plus Navigation is on a lot more vehicles there than here I find. The craziest deals are there, and not too hard to find. There was a guy on the bimmerforums.com who sold his 02 M Roadster with 50k miles for $15 grand US with brand new wheels on it, same thing, guy lost his job. Some unreal deals right now, and for the next while.

propr'one
03-18-2009, 08:54 PM
I can't believe you guys have a hard time getting your deposits back from dealerships. dealers act like tough guys (For instance, they didn't want to give my dad his credit card back when we were shopping for a car without pitching him to buy the car more).

I unplugged our sales guy's LCD screen from his desk, got up, and started walking towards my car. At that point he obviously gave my dad his plastic back. We then got up, and the guy was surprised we were leaving. (DUH) I then told him to shut the **** up, and when he said he was gonna sue me for threatening to key all the cars on his lot, my dad interjected with a nice "Go **** yourself you stupid ****".

Hearing my dad cuss was worth it.

If people treat you like shit, treat them like shit. If people treat you like shit, and are extorting you, punch them in the ****ing teeth.

rendered
03-18-2009, 11:28 PM
ScotcH, you can get better deals than $26,000 for an 02 E46 M3
you can get 03's in the US with lower miles for for $21-23k
want a Cabriolet?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=259695842&dealer_id=67719&car_year=2003&rdm=1237422475701&model=M3&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=18000&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=48201&advanced=y&end_year=2004&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=30000&cardist=266&standard=false
want a Coupe?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=249801624&dealer_id=100025824&car_year=2004&rdm=1237422475701&model=M3&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=18000&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=48201&advanced=y&end_year=2004&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=30000&cardist=1015&standard=false
Prices are cheap, look around. I don't recommend buying from here, too much crap and salt on our roads, buy from the US where's there's either a) no winter like Phoenix, or b) a place with a lot less snow on the roads
again, I'd wait it out until the dollar becomes much closer, on par, before I'd buy, because the M3's in Canada are picked over and are too expensive.

Junior, when you buy another BMW, I'll let you preach your propaganda. :P

Thursday, March 19, 2009

22,000 US Dollar = 27,898.9 Canadian Dollar (And thats before fees I mention below)

I wouldn't comment on a car you haven't seen in person, it really is immaculate. I'm not bullshiting. I'm not making any money from this, I could care less. Just helping a fellow BMW owner out (ScotcH) . Besides thats not his only other option. There's other years, just not anywhere as perfect.

It's a private sale and thats his asking price (Or better offer), not only would anyone benefit on buying locally private, and paying less taxes, anyone would also get the freedom of travelling less to inspect the car and take it to a good mechanic they trust to check over the car.

And Whats your point? I can get him a U.S M3 for less than those asking prices too! But they'll add up to be more after you're done with the extra FEES and TAXES, and Exchange rate, not to mention the hassles compared to buying locally! ( I doubt the ones you found are immaculate, i.e. paintwork, possibily accident history) You never know what you're getting in the States, unless you personally fly down and properly inspect the car in person, and then get it preinspected by a professional.

AND, you forgot to factor in, 6.1% duty, RIV fees, Shipping costs to get the car over to Ontario, and then Canada taxes when you're here, not to mention horrible exchange rate!

As well who would want to buy a southwest/southeast M3 without a coldweather package (heated seats, mirrors etc.) Most Cali, florida, AZ cars do not have! and early production 2003 vert without LED tail lights? No good!

A lot of people i know store their E46 M3's until summer anyways! (I know I do with my vert) My E46 M3 has never seen rain!

:)

rendered
03-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Tyler like I said, what kind of crap are you looking at?

I didn't even see the car in person and I already knew the condition and that it was repainted due to accident.

Seller's Description and Comments
Hello , you are bidding on a 3004 BMW M3 Coupe with black exterior on black interior. 61K actual miles.please feel free to call us with any questions.transmission needs service.Size-I6 3.2L; Cylinders-6; Rear Spoiler; Air Conditioning; Electrochromatic Exterior Mirror(s); Electrochromatic Rear View Mirror; Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel; Audio Steering Wheel Controls; Center Console; Clock; Cruise Control; Lighted Entry System; Power Door Locks; Power Heated Mirrors; Power Windows; Remote Trunk Release; Tachometer; Trip Computer; AM/FM/CD Audio System; Premium Audio System; 18 Inch Wheels; Alloy Wheels; Intermittent Windshield Wipers; Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers; Rear Window Defroster; 4-Wheel ABS; Daytime Running Lights; Driver and Passenger Front Airbags; Fog Lights; Front Head Airbags; Front Side Airbags; Keyless Entry System; Stability Control; Traction Control; Leather Seats; Rear Bench Seat; Rear Split Bench Seat; Sport Seats; Torque-262@4900; Horsepower-333@7900; Cam Type-DOHC; Valves-24; Automatic Climate Control; Automatic On/Off Headlights; Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Driver Airbag, Power Doorlocks, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, Power Windows, Rear Window Defrost, Side Airbag,SMG transmission.DISCLOUSER :Auto Chck Reports and accident with a minor unibody damage.

TNation
03-18-2009, 11:41 PM
^ buddy you're preaching to the choir. I imported tons of cars last summer, I know the deal. And to save the time, by the way, here's a website which will calculate the value of bringing a US car up from the US.
http://www.importcartocanada.info/tools/vehicle-import-price-calculator/
As i've said before, I'll say it again. Wait until the dollar is on par (or closer), than buy a car from the US.
Junior, when you buy another BMW, I'll let you preach your propaganda.
What, so I have to buy a BMW to fit in? get real. I'll buy one when I've got a steady job :p
I wouldn't comment on a car you haven't seen in person, it really is immaculate. I'm not bullshiting. I'm not making any money from this, I could care less. Just helping a fellow BMW owner out (ScotcH) . Besides thats not his only other option. There's other years, just not anywhere as perfect.
oh I know, you're just trying to find him a car and your friend has one for sale. I don't see any harm in that, I'm just letting StorcH know that the deals in the US are way better once the dollar is down... if he doesn't need one right now.. just wait it out for the US dollar to be on par with Canada's loonie!

You never know what you're getting in the States, unless you personally fly down and properly inspect the car in person, and then get it preinspected by a professional.
I agree, but cars down there are 50 times better than here in Ontario. Alberta cars are in better shape than Ontario. Hell western Canada (SAS to BC) is better than Ontario. I'd rather buy a car from the US anyday than here. Which is why its worth buying a planet ticket to the US after a PPI and a carfax/dealer warranty have been accomplished.

As well who would want to buy a southwest/southeast M3 without a coldweather package (heated seats, mirrors etc.) Most Cali, florida, AZ cars do not have! and early production 2003 vert without LED tail lights? No good!
If i was saving 5-10k, thats not a big deal at all to me. I don't give a damn personally. I like not having rust (my BIGGEST ISSUE with Ontario cars), and cars that haven't seen cold temperatures; way worth not having heated mirrors. And I was just showing an example of an 03 Vert in comparison to your prices. And you're referring ScotcH to an 02, that definitely doesn't have LED tails!

EDIT: Tyler like I said, what kind of crap are you looking at?

I didn't even see the car in person and I already knew the condition and that it was repainted due to accident.

Wow, I never saw that part of the ad. I'm just looking for examples for him (that damaged M3 should be priced lower as well).
Let me find another. You can probably get better prices and stuff with your Manheim account.
Getting up there in price.. but you get the picture, this would be a SICK deal if the dollar was closer (one owner too):
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=258405542&dealer_id=103315&car_year=2004&rdm=1237434507159&num_records=25&model=M3&make3=&systime=&make2=FER&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2002&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&model2=&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&first_record=51&make=BMW&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=18000&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=48201&advanced=y&end_year=2010&pager.offset=50&transmission=&doors=&max_price=30000&cardist=1994&standard=false

rendered
03-18-2009, 11:53 PM
There's a beautiful 2005 E46 M3 with 41,665 km. Black on Black 6speed. Condition 4.5 out of 5 running through Manheim Toronto dealer auction March 25th.

Manheim Toronto / ON
Sale Date 03/25/2009 - 06:30 PM Eastern Time

NAVIGATION PACKAGE too.

This would be another option I can easily get for you!

TNation
03-18-2009, 11:54 PM
There's a beautiful 2005 E46 M3 with 41,665 km. Black on Black 6speed. Condition 4.5 out of 5 running through Manheim Toronto dealer auction March 25th.

Manheim Toronto / ON
Sale Date 03/25/2009 - 06:30 PM Eastern Time

NAVIGATION PACKAGE too.

This would be another option I can easily get for you!

mmmhm that would be nice. What price have they set as a minimum? Do you take any cut for bidding on it?

rendered
03-19-2009, 12:43 AM
^ buddy you're preaching to the choir. I imported tons of cars last summer, I know the deal. And to save the time, by the way, here's a website which will calculate the value of bringing a US car up from the US.http://www.importcartocanada.info/tools/vehicle-import-price-calculator/

You mean, you worked at a dealership where the owner's money and auction account purchased and imported the car for the customer. I wouldn't say you personally imported all these cars from the U.S. when you're simply an employee whom works for an owner of the dealership where his money, business, and dealers license is on the line if you screw up. I highly doubt he let a 19/20 y/o play with his money and business.

Thanks I don't need an importing cost calculator to tell me what I can already do in my head in a few seconds of math, which I do on a daily basis many many times. You kids and your poor math skills :D j/k

As i've said before, I'll say it again. Wait until the dollar is on par (or closer), than buy a car from the US.

I hope he doesn't hold his breath! He'll be waiting years and years for that to happen :rolleyes: Its a ridiculous thing to say. He posted he wants to buy an M3 this spring/summer, why would he wait many many years to buy in the U.S.? Because you say so? hah

What, so I have to buy a BMW to fit in? get real. I'll buy one when I've got a steady job :p

My point is you can't argue with someone who currently owns an E46 M3 (and knows the market very very well), someone whom buys these every month for customers on a dealer level, and who is older, significantly wiser, and more experienced than you! :P

oh I know, you're just trying to find him a car and your friend has one for sale. I don't see any harm in that, I'm just letting StorcH know that the deals in the US are way better once the dollar is down... if he doesn't need one right now.. just wait it out for the US dollar to be on par with Canada's loonie!

Keep holding your breath :rolleyes:

I agree, but cars down there are 50 times better than here in Ontario. Alberta cars are in better shape than Ontario. Hell western Canada (SAS to BC) is better than Ontario. I'd rather buy a car from the US anyday than here. Which is why its worth buying a planet ticket to the US after a PPI and a carfax/dealer warranty have been accomplished.

Thats a bold statement. Most of my personal cars are local and all original. I doubt you'll be able to find a flaw!

I see you've never purchased any cars from Pennsylvania / PA, or Atlanta / GA, or New Jersey / NJ , Nevada / NV, or AZ, or California, or Florida.

You buy perfect 5/5 which is hard to find through Manheim, you're over paying! You buy 3/5 average condition, you have to put money into the car to bring it up to showroom condition. Most U.S. Cars are no better than a well maintained and winter stored Ontario M3. Especially when the US M3 came from some young punk, in which this was his only car, and daily drove/beat the snot out of it.

If i was saving 5-10k, thats not a big deal at all to me. I don't give a damn personally. I like not having rust (my BIGGEST ISSUE with Ontario cars), and cars that haven't seen cold temperatures; way worth not having heated mirrors. And I was just showing an example of an 03 Vert in comparison to your prices. And you're referring ScotcH to an 02, that definitely doesn't have LED tails!

Once again, stop embarrassing yourself. Your inexperience clearly shows. Most people that can afford to buy an E46 M3 are more worried about buying an immaculate well maintained car with clean history locally rather than trying to save $5000-10,000 buying from the States, which you won't once you're done completing all the mainteance properly that the previous owner did not do, and painting all the skirts and bumpers because the kid that owned it previously couldn't afford that either. Before you know it, that $5000 you may of saved you ended up spending on repairs to bring it up to standards! You can't argue this with me, I've seen it many times.

I like not having rust (my BIGGEST ISSUE with Ontario cars), and cars that haven't seen cold temperatures;

LMAO, rust? on an E46 M3? Don't kill me with laughter :D
Thats because you keep buying these shitboxes ( your Honda's and Fords) :D

EDIT:

Wow, I never saw that part of the ad. I'm just looking for examples for him (that damaged M3 should be priced lower as well).
Let me find another. You can probably get better prices and stuff with your Manheim account.
Getting up there in price.. but you get the picture, this would be a SICK deal if the dollar was closer (one owner too):
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=258405542&dealer_id=103315&car_year=2004&rdm=1237434507159&num_records=25&model=M3&make3=&systime=&make2=FER&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2002&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&model2=&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&first_record=51&make=BMW&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=18000&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=48201&advanced=y&end_year=2010&pager.offset=50&transmission=&doors=&max_price=30000&cardist=1994&standard=false[/QUOTE]

Once again, inexperience is a bitch. Don't worry you'll learn one day *th-up*

68,111 miles (110,000KM's) on that thing? for:

Thursday, March 19, 2009

26,500 US Dollar = 33,605.4 Canadian Dollar <---- And thats not changing anytime soon :)

Hell, for $28,500 U.S Dollars, you can have my much nicer, and better condition (and lower mileage) E46 M3 cabriolet. Alpine White on Black vert.

And its a local car purchased brand new (@ BMW Toronto) and service records from BMW Toronto.

Cheers :)

TNation
03-19-2009, 01:17 AM
You mean, you worked at a dealership where the owner's money and auction account purchased and imported the car for the customer. I wouldn't say you personally imported all these cars from the U.S. when you're simply an employee whom works for an owner of the dealership where his money, business, and dealers license is on the line if you screw up. I highly doubt he let a 19/20 y/o play with his money and business.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. There's a reason a 20 year old 'kid' gets into a position of being able to import cars, detail cars, sell cars, organize the autotrader/pricing for the vehicles on lot, assist the manager. Hard work, dedicated research, lots of time spent with cars, hours of reading. Basically I was responsible for making sure cars of the finest quality were imported, and I would appraise them and other trade-in's when the dealership had them brought in. I beat out plenty of other people for that job and I made good money at it. I'm not here to brag, I'm just stating the facts, I worked with 07 Solara's, 06 Lexus', 07 Tundra's, those were just a few of the 35k plus vehicles I imported myself. I would've lost my job if I screwed up, so don't doubt yourself.

Thanks I don't need an importing cost calculator to tell me what I can already do in my head in a few seconds of math, which I do on a daily basis many many times. You kids and your poor math skills :D j/k

did you even click the link? That website is simply the most useful website you will ever see in importing a car. It even adds in the A/C tax and refreshes daily with the US/Canadian dollar trading amount.. its an awesome tool! In my economics course I took last semester at University, we learned that after the age of 27, the brain declines. It hit you fairly hard, I see.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7945569.stm

I hope he doesn't hold his breath! He'll be waiting years and years for that to happen :rolleyes: Its a ridiculous thing to say. He posted he wants to buy an M3 this spring/summer, why would he wait many many years to buy in the U.S.? Because you say so? hah

I just think he should wait and see, if you pull up your Manheim auctions (and as you've said) the prices for M3's in the US are much cheaper than here. Even if he has to pay all that garbage taxes, fees, etc, he can still get a newer M3 with less miles than a Canadian car for the same price. Like I said, wait until the summer, the US markets have been soaring for the past week.. which means nothing, but I think things will turn around a little better by summer. Canadian dollar went up 1.43 cents alone today.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5iGHKgJdWIvhucZYzvDZQl7PmwYrg

My point is you can't argue with someone who currently owns an E46 M3 (and knows the market very very well), someone whom buys these every month for customers on a dealer level, and who is older, significantly wiser, and more experienced than you! :P

I'm sure, i'm sure you are. We're not disagreeing yet, except you think its a hassle finding a car in the US, while I think there's deals worth finding and paying for.

Thats a bold statement. Most of my personal cars are local and all original. I doubt you'll be able to find a flaw!

I see you've never purchased any cars from Pennsylvania / PA, or Atlanta / GA, or New Jersey / NJ , Nevada / NV, or AZ, or California, or Florida.

You buy perfect 5/5 which is hard to find through Manheim, you're over paying! You buy 3/5 average condition, you have to put money into the car to bring it up to showroom condition. Most U.S. Cars are no better than a well maintained and winter stored Ontario M3. Especially when the US M3 came from some young punk, in which this was his only car, and daily drove/beat the snot out of it.

I've only looked at cars from Nevada, AZ, Texas, California, etc. Southern US cars who haven't seen any harsh conditions. And that's what I recommend to all buyers who want to buy cars from the US. To say "Most U.S. Cars are no better than a well maintained and winter stored Ontario M3" is fair, however, not too many people winter store their E46 M3 all year round, because lets be honest, its under 30k and isn't an exotic and most people drive it year round. So finding a winterized M3 that hasn't been driven..good luck. And if you do find one, the price will be a huge premium. People like you, who winterize and store them, lose most of the fun in the winter, but their cars look better for it. Thus, leading to the issue of whether one should winterize their cars and get a beater or drive their cars all year round... which I'm not getting into. "Especially when the US M3 came from some young punk, in which this was his only car, and daily drove/beat the snot out of it." I don't know one 'some young punk' who drives an M3 there.. most kids drive beater E36's if they can afford it! The economy is in a recession right now, I'm fairly confident in saying, its a very very very small minority of kids who drive 25k E46 M3's. Minimum wage in most states is still $7, just to let you know.

Once again, stop embarrassing yourself. Your inexperience clearly shows. Most people that can afford to buy an E46 M3 are more worried about buying an immaculate well maintained car with clean history locally rather than trying to save $5000-10,000 buying from the States, which you won't once you're done completing all the mainteance properly that the previous owner did not do, and painting all the skirts and bumpers because the kid that owned it previously couldn't afford that either. Before you know it, that $5000 you may of saved you ended up spending on repairs to bring it up to standards! You can't argue this with me, I've seen it many times.

See, I'd disagree here. If most people wanted to buy locally, why was 500-1000 vehicles a week going through the Alberta-Montana border last summer? People who have 25k and can save 5k to fill out a few forms and have to do a bit more research, are willing to pay a broker, or do it themselves to save that 5k. Again, if you read my thread on how to properly inspect a vehicle (i mentioned some here, http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115006&highlight=inspect+vehicle&page=2) if you inspect a vehicle properly, whether in the US or in the GTA, you can see how the vehicle was maintained... take it to three shops, get a dealership warranty valid in Canada on parts (I did this a few times last summer) if you're uncertain, etc, DO YOUR HOMEWORK. It's no different than buying it at home IMO, inspection is an inspection.

LMAO, rust? on an E46 M3? Don't kill me with laughter :D
Thats because you keep buying these shitboxes ( your Honda's and Fords) :D

Again, you're out of sync. I've looked at E46 M3's with rust, a 2001 and a 2002 that had developed lots of rust underneath and some near the trunk lid, rear quarter panel.. in fact there's a cheap one on autotrader in Toronto with rust. It's called driving it in the winter, and not underspraying or doing anything. Welcome to Canada..err.. Ontario.
And calling vehicles that aren't "BMW" shitboxes not only shows your lack of car knowledge, but reflects on a whole the type of person you are, and your derogoratory attitude towards vehicles that aren't what you personally 'like'. I have a clean Alberta truck with zero rust on it and I had recently had a Prelude that was MINT and was so clean and rust free. But why do I need to justify myself to you, chump? You're so much wiser than me :rolleyes:

Once again, inexperience is a bitch. Don't worry you'll learn one day *th-up*

68,111 miles (110,000KM's) on that thing? for:

Thursday, March 19, 2009

26,500 US Dollar = 33,605.4 Canadian Dollar <---- And thats not changing anytime soon :)

Hell, for $28,500 U.S Dollars, you can have my much nicer, and better condition (and lower mileage) E46 M3 cabriolet. Alpine White on Black vert.

And its a local car purchased brand new (@ BMW Toronto) and service records from BMW Toronto.

Cheers :)

Wonderful, I'm not saying now is the time to buy, and even in my original post I didn't say it was. I said exactly this, "Wait until the dollar is on par, or closer to it and buy." And besides, Mr. Name-dropping Manheim, you should be able to get better deals on M3's from the US, making it a lot closer for pricing! :P
Mark, I've got nothing against you and your opinions, but you need to realize there's A) other cars than BMW and B) you're not always 100% right and C) The US has some smoking deals, especially applicable when the dollar is closer.
And nowhere am I claiming to be the one who knows absolutely everything! You have more importing experience, but I think you have a large bias.

rendered
03-19-2009, 03:23 AM
:rolleyes:Wrong, wrong, wrong. There's a reason a 20 year old 'kid' gets into a position of being able to import cars, detail cars, sell cars, organize the autotrader/pricing for the vehicles on lot, assist the manager. Hard work, dedicated research, lots of time spent with cars, hours of reading. Basically I was responsible for making sure cars of the finest quality were imported, and I would appraise them and other trade-in's when the dealership had them brought in. I beat out plenty of other people for that job and I made good money at it. I'm not here to brag, I'm just stating the facts, I worked with 07 Solara's, 06 Lexus', 07 Tundra's, those were just a few of the 35k plus vehicles I imported myself. I would've lost my job if I screwed up, so don't doubt yourself.

Thats nice *th-up*

did you even click the link? That website is simply the most useful website you will ever see in importing a car. It even adds in the A/C tax and refreshes daily with the US/Canadian dollar trading amount.. its an awesome tool! In my economics course I took last semester at University, we learned that after the age of 27, the brain declines. It hit you fairly hard, I see.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7945569.stm

Like I said before, simple math I'm able to calculate on the top of my head!

I've obviously done this many more times than you. You attempt to call me dumb, but I call your bluff that you actually have imported anything at all without the help from your manager with the actual dealers license son. Ameteurs need webtools such as these.

I hear 19-20 y/o's named Tyler are still learning how to use their penis properly with a woman? j/k

Don't question my knowledge or integrity. :moon:

I just think he should wait and see, if you pull up your Manheim auctions (and as you've said) the prices for M3's in the US are much cheaper than here. Even if he has to pay all that garbage taxes, fees, etc, he can still get a newer M3 with less miles than a Canadian car for the same price. Like I said, wait until the summer, the US markets have been soaring for the past week.. which means nothing, but I think things will turn around a little better by summer. Canadian dollar went up 1.43 cents alone today.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5iGHKgJdWIvhucZYzvDZQl7PmwYrg

I highly doubt it. Why would he want to wait to buy his M3 if he's seriously looking now, and wants to enjoy it this spring and summer?

What US M3's sold for at auction recently. Keep in mind, all of these cars require at least $2000-$5000 to bring them up to showroom condition, as well as 100% mechanically!

2003's $19,000-$22,000 plus fees, duty, taxes, and exchange rate.

2004-2005 $22,000-$27,000 plus fees, duty, taxes, and exchange rate.

2006's $28,000-$34,000 plus fees, duty, taxes, and exchange rate.

You can wait and wait and wait, but then you'll never buy anything!

Canadians paid more for these cars originally than U.S owners! DUH. Its a well known fact, anyone should know! Ofcourse Canadians are not going to give away/fire sale their cars just because some guy started raising awareness a couple years ago its so much cheaper to buy your car in the states! Blah blah blah. Ofcourse it is dumby. MSRP was also less to start with. These morons just realized this, its really funny to watch everybody scram when the dollar is even! My family has been importing cars to Canada from florida since the late 80's (before you were born)! Its not news like these morons seem to realize recently in the past couple years.

You can't compare. A U.S. car is also worth less here too! Its all relative.

I'm sure, i'm sure you are. We're not disagreeing yet, except you think its a hassle finding a car in the US, while I think there's deals worth finding and paying for.

There's some PRO's and some CON's. In his case, since he has a trade in, Its not worth it! I don't know why you're stressing an option that doesn't make much sense to him in the first place!

I've only looked at cars from Nevada, AZ, Texas, California, etc. Southern US cars who haven't seen any harsh conditions. And that's what I recommend to all buyers who want to buy cars from the US. To say "Most U.S. Cars are no better than a well maintained and winter stored Ontario M3" is fair, however, not too many people winter store their E46 M3 all year round, because lets be honest, its under 30k and isn't an exotic and most people drive it year round. So finding a winterized M3 that hasn't been driven..good luck. And if you do find one, the price will be a huge premium. People like you, who winterize and store them, lose most of the fun in the winter, but their cars look better for it. Thus, leading to the issue of whether one should winterize their cars and get a beater or drive their cars all year round... which I'm not getting into. "Especially when the US M3 came from some young punk, in which this was his only car, and daily drove/beat the snot out of it." I don't know one 'some young punk' who drives an M3 there.. most kids drive beater E36's if they can afford it! The economy is in a recession right now, I'm fairly confident in saying, its a very very very small minority of kids who drive 25k E46 M3's. Minimum wage in most states is still $7, just to let you know.

Lets face it, most people own other cars to drive all year round because they can afford it. They're not going to be forced to drive a 333HP RWD car in the winter when they have other BMW's, Audi's, Mercedes, Lexus's etc to drive.

I don't need to drive my M3 execpt on warm summer weekend days. I know 10+ owners who are in the same boat as me! I have other BMW's for spring/summer/fall, Lexus SUV and various Audi's for winter and I know my other pals with M3's are all driving other nice cars year round while their Ontario M3's stay stored in the garage until nice weather. So I'm sure you'll find many clean winter stored ontario M3's when we upgrade!

You haven't been doing your research hard enough. Go take a Look at the US M3 boards! A lot of those E46 M3 owners are 22 and under!

The people 25+ can afford E92 M3's at $60K+ a pop. They now own those while the youngins bought their E46 M3's (more like youngin's parents)

See, I'd disagree here. If most people wanted to buy locally, why was 500-1000 vehicles a week going through the Alberta-Montana border last summer? People who have 25k and can save 5k to fill out a few forms and have to do a bit more research, are willing to pay a broker, or do it themselves to save that 5k. Again, if you read my thread on how to properly inspect a vehicle (i mentioned some here, http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115006&highlight=inspect+vehicle&page=2) if you inspect a vehicle properly, whether in the US or in the GTA, you can see how the vehicle was maintained... take it to three shops, get a dealership warranty valid in Canada on parts (I did this a few times last summer) if you're uncertain, etc, DO YOUR HOMEWORK. It's no different than buying it at home IMO, inspection is an inspection.

Trust me, you don't need to educate me on this. Hey I'll Admit even I learn new things everyday (I don't know all), but this is the basics for any dealer.

When the dollar was even, it made sense to buy brand new in the U.S! Ofcourse, no news to experienced car buyers, but the general dumb public went nuts as soon as the media posted this old news all over!

You don't know everything kid, and you're wrong on retaining warranty, and making it vaild in Canada. Its all different depending on vehicles. I don't care to explain it to a brick wall.

What do you know about buying a home? a Home and Car are two different things.

Again, you're out of sync. I've looked at E46 M3's with rust, a 2001 and a 2002 that had developed lots of rust underneath and some near the trunk lid, rear quarter panel.. in fact there's a cheap one on autotrader in Toronto with rust. It's called driving it in the winter, and not underspraying or doing anything. Welcome to Canada..err.. Ontario.

Ofcourse, you're looking at all the cheapest possible E46 M3, that you might be able to afford one day, that have been poorly maintained, accident repaint hack jobs, etc. If you can't afford to buy a quality one, stick to honda's instead of spewing bullshit about "LOTS of RUST" on 2001-2002 BMW M3's in Ontario. I won't believe till I see it with my own eyes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you can't afford to buy a premium car, then don't bother spending money on the poor quality ones just because they have a cheap price! Its a cheap price for a reason, and no one wants to hear about more goofs complaining to other happy owners that this car is junk, it rusted on me, it doesn't run properly, unreliable, etc etc etc. Exactly what you probably did with your E36, and why you came on here complaining its so unreliable, and you couldn't afford repairs, etc etc. Nobody likes cheap people who complain and call BMW unreliable! :D:rolleyes::P

And calling vehicles that aren't "BMW" shitboxes not only shows your lack of car knowledge, but reflects on a whole the type of person you are, and your derogoratory attitude towards vehicles that aren't what you personally 'like'. I have a clean Alberta truck with zero rust on it and I had recently had a Prelude that was MINT and was so clean and rust free. But why do I need to justify myself to you, chump? You're so much wiser than me :rolleyes:

I call every car a shitbox. Don't take offence! Even my own! Thats what they are! They Drink your money (fuel) they require regular maintenance like women (more money out of pocket) and they depreciate like a bitch the more you drive them and minute you drive off the dealership lot (more money lost)

But I have to say, its all worth it to drive beautiful cars (all BMW's) for those minutes/hours a day of pure driving pleasure they do give you!

Wonderful, I'm not saying now is the time to buy, and even in my original post I didn't say it was. I said exactly this, "Wait until the dollar is on par, or closer to it and buy." And besides, Mr. Name-dropping Manheim, you should be able to get better deals on M3's from the US, making it a lot closer for pricing! :P

I get excellent deals on local Canadian M3's why would I goto the hassle of wasting time and money importing one from U.S when I would end up spending more money getting to me, when I can buy an immaculate one locally for less? Makes no sense to me, then again, you have no idea of my cost prices here, so I guess thats why you seem confused.

Mark, I've got nothing against you and your opinions, but you need to realize there's A) other cars than BMW and B) you're not always 100% right and C) The US has some smoking deals, especially applicable when the dollar is closer.
And nowhere am I claiming to be the one who knows absolutely everything! You have more importing experience, but I think you have a large bias.

I've got nothing against you either. I enjoy arguing back and forth in conversation! LOL It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes who talks back.

Ofcourse there are other cars than BMW. But expect to get flamed when talking about your Honda and Ford truck on a BMW Forum. It's just a given.

Hey, no one's perfect. I'm wrong sometimes, not anywhere as much as you are though in most of your posts :D You can believe you know more than most people here Tyler, but in the end there will always be someone who knows more than you!

And keep dreaming that the CDN dollar will be even with USD again in the next year! If it is, I'll buy you another Honda! from the US ofcourse :D

What can I say, I'm a biased negative sonamabitch!

VSanj
03-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Wrong, wrong, wrong. There's a reason a 20 year old 'kid' gets into a position of being able to import cars, detail cars, sell cars, organize the autotrader/pricing for the vehicles on lot, assist the manager. Hard work, dedicated research, lots of time spent with cars, hours of reading. Basically I was responsible for making sure cars of the finest quality were imported, and I would appraise them and other trade-in's when the dealership had them brought in. I beat out plenty of other people for that job and I made good money at it. I'm not here to brag, I'm just stating the facts, I worked with 07 Solara's, 06 Lexus', 07 Tundra's, those were just a few of the 35k plus vehicles I imported myself. I would've lost my job if I screwed up, so don't doubt yourself.

didnt you say somewere in this thread that you will buy a BMW when you have a more steady job??

You make this job sound pretty steady to me!!!:cool:

TNation
03-19-2009, 09:52 AM
didnt you say somewere in this thread that you will buy a BMW when you have a more steady job??

You make this job sound pretty steady to me!!!:cool:

yeah bud, I had it last summer, until I moved here.

ScotcH
03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
So ...... about that dealership ....

Lol ... glad I could provide a spark for this debate :-) I'll keep you all updated on my search, since it seems to provide for good conversation!

2K6E60
03-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Mark, I was waiting to hear back from you about the 335 (E92 or E90)

Whats up man? You never got back to me.

PM me.

Thanks
Kris

98M3NACE
03-23-2009, 01:30 AM
In my economics course I took last semester at University, we learned that after the age of 27, the brain declines. It hit you fairly hard, I see.

what uni are you going to where you learn biology in economics? macro or mirco lol:confused:

TNation
03-23-2009, 10:00 AM
what uni are you going to where you learn biology in economics? macro or mirco lol:confused:

haha I have a great prof that gives an interesting fact everyday about something about aging and any interesting fact/random topic at the beginning of class.

rendered
03-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Mark, I was waiting to hear back from you about the 335 (E92 or E90)

Whats up man? You never got back to me.

PM me.

Thanks
Kris

Hey Kris,

It was my bday sunday, and had to view some condo's and sign some papers to put in an offer last couple days. Been really busy! Sorry for the delay in returning your PM.