PDA

View Full Version : Device to flip/rotate a video signal?

Gracey
03-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Does anyone know of a device that can rotate a video signal (preferably hdmi or dvi) 180 degrees so the source can be watched upside down?

I've read that some Sharp TVs have a "picture flip" control. That's the exact function I'm looking for, but I'll be trying to do this with a Sony LCD TV.

The setup that I'm envisioning would require the TV to operate both right side up and upside down. I'm hoping to have a TV placed above a wide doorway (two pocket doors that are always open). The TV could be lowered into the doorway for better viewing. It could also be flipped upside down so it could be watched in the adjoining room. I originally wanted to have the TV rotate along the vertical axis, but the designs in my head seemed easier and cooler if it flipped on the horizontal axis.

Thanks,

magnus
03-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Wrong place to post this my friend.
Try the offtopic section!

Webby Alisha
03-31-2009, 07:23 AM
Does anyone know of a device that can rotate a video signal (preferably hdmi or dvi) 180 degrees so the source can be watched upside down?

I've read that some Sharp TVs have a "picture flip" control. That's the exact function I'm looking for, but I'll be trying to do this with a Sony LCD TV.

The setup that I'm envisioning would require the TV to operate both right side up and upside down. I'm hoping to have a TV placed above a wide doorway (two pocket doors that are always open). The TV could be lowered into the doorway for better viewing. It could also be flipped upside down so it could be watched in the adjoining room. I originally wanted to have the TV rotate along the vertical axis, but the designs in my head seemed easier and cooler if it flipped on the horizontal axis.

Thanks,

There are a few extremely expensive standalone machines which can do this. Other than that running through a (HT)PC would be your best shot.