PDA

View Full Version : Just about ready to slice my wrists!

spoony_prelude
03-13-2009, 07:17 PM
So I just finished ordering new BBS bolts/center cap logos/air valves for my RS's and well...... I could have gone to ****ing mexico! $600 later*shiner*

I'm really hoping that when these wheels are done, they have some merciful luck of never finding a pothole! Or making love to a curb, or getting jacked! lol I think I'm going to need a few more sets of Wheel locks!!!

Whats the most you guys have spent on fixing your wheels?

*sad*Jay

matty.dc
03-13-2009, 07:20 PM
well...... i bought my konig's cheap (350) and the idiot that had them before me put corrosive cleaner on them so i had to strip the clear and polish (pain in the ass) but i probably spent $100.

Dado 540
03-13-2009, 09:40 PM
$600 for center caps, valves, and bolts....DAMN.

Are they 24K gold plated?

Ohhhh i know what it is, its the 20hp boost you get once on the wheels. BBS all the way

c4sh
03-13-2009, 09:53 PM
$600 for center caps, valves, and bolts....DAMN.

Are they 24K gold plated?

Ohhhh i know what it is, its the 20hp boost you get once on the wheels. BBS all the way

they must be gold 600 bucks jeez !!!

Dado 540
03-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Spoony do you have any pics of the rims?

Nick_V
03-13-2009, 10:46 PM
where did you order all that shit from? Wolf?

spoony_prelude
03-14-2009, 12:15 AM
^^^JustMatz, out of UK, they carry a lot of BBS parts/rims. I checked out wolf's page but again their setup for ordering parts is really shitty and im not going to try explain in german how many bolts and nuts i need. lol

Dado, you want to see the condition on the rims now? One is taken apart and semi polished. The other is taken apart, the other is just sitting there, and the other is mounted on the car with a tire so the body shop can pull the fenders to their hearts content. lol Ill try and get a pic of that one rim on the car, I think it looks pretty good.

Jay...Viva la BBS RS

ABUSTAIF
03-14-2009, 02:56 AM
good luck buddy can't wait to c the finished product i know u gonna do a good job but i still want u to have another E30 ;) .

theox69
03-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Damn, that IS alot of money!
But definitely something I don't want to hear as I was planning on doing the same soon...

Dado 540
03-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Let's see the pics of the one on the car and the ones you are currently working on.

I hope you are taking pics as you go.

marek
03-14-2009, 11:35 AM
There is a guy on vwvortex that sells that stuff from the US. He would have been cheaper I think

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3799058

theox69
03-14-2009, 11:38 AM
I've seen that listing on vwvortex, that guy's pretty expensive..
Black Forest Industries has some pretty good prices though..
http://yhst-1918367471896.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

TNation
03-14-2009, 11:55 AM
that's ridiculous wow

cdb
03-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Man....tough. But they sure as hell are gonna look good! Take em to the grave with you....

spoony_prelude
03-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Man....tough. But they sure as hell are gonna look good! Take em to the grave with you....

I plan too:P

I'll post a pic of the one on the car soon and the one I'm working on.;)

Jay

magnus
03-14-2009, 05:32 PM
I cant wait to see your car man. I think it will look awesome!

spoony_prelude
03-14-2009, 06:36 PM
ok peoples. Heres some pics.

Enjoy

spoony_prelude
03-14-2009, 06:39 PM
btw sorry for the stupid large pics. Can a mod please resize them, I'm very computer illiterate!

BTW thanks for all the kind words and suggestions guys, it's really motivating! Sometimes I start getting a little :S after spending so much but it's nice to see a lot of you appreciate the work that goes into a build!

Thanks
Jay

Dado 540
03-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Dont worry about the $600, they will look sweet once done.

I'd say its time for a clear side markers.

spoony_prelude
03-14-2009, 07:50 PM
^^^Their on their way;)

Jay

Nick_V
03-14-2009, 08:47 PM
^^^I checked out wolf's page but again their setup for ordering parts is really shitty and im not going to try explain in german how many bolts and nuts i need. lol

Again, Get on the phone dude! Wolf is fluent in English. Anyway, I will admit that he charges top dollar and you probably found them for cheaper. I know I sound like a bit of a fanboy, but I've had excellent experiences dealing with him, and I believe in referring good people, cause there are a lot of shady people out there peddling crap.

Trouble65
03-16-2009, 09:42 AM
So I just finished ordering new BBS bolts/center cap logos/air valves for my RS's and well...... I could have gone to ****ing mexico! $600 later*shiner*

I'm really hoping that when these wheels are done, they have some merciful luck of never finding a pothole! Or making love to a curb, or getting jacked! lol I think I'm going to need a few more sets of Wheel locks!!!

Whats the most you guys have spent on fixing your wheels?

*sad*Jay

Wow! That's kind of rich.

magnus
03-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Are your mirrors painted? They look flat black on the pic. Or is it just from dust?
And is that a crack on the windscreen. If so make sure you change it before you post some finnished pics.
I really like your car so far! I need to take pics of my brothers Coupe. Has the same colour as yours except he has my Racing Dynamics roundels(i highly recomend you get them too if you are going for gold plated bolts on the rims as it will match them)

Bullet Ride
03-16-2009, 12:46 PM
^^^JustMatz, out of UK, they carry a lot of BBS parts/rims. I checked out wolf's page but again their setup for ordering parts is really shitty and im not going to try explain in german how many bolts and nuts i need. lol

I got a quote from justmatz for 85 screws shipped for around $210 CAD which comes out to about $2.50/screw. The equivalent ones that BFI sells are $2.25/screw USD before tax and shipping... and they ship with UPS*thmbsdwn*.

Wolf is a good guy to deal with as well, if you have any questions send him an email. He will reply back same day, but keep in mind the time difference.

theox69
03-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Wow, your car looks great!
I can't wait to see your wheels when you're done!
Did you buy new lips too, or just center caps, bolts and valves?
How are you going to deal with the curb rash?

spoony_prelude
03-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Well I needed 136 bolts/nuts. which came out to 200pounds. I'm keeping the lips that are on the rims are they arent bent and are actually in pretty good shape. Yeah the car is loaded with dust. Just sitting in my garage it gets layerd in it! And yeah the windshield is cracked. But I'm going to be installing a new one when the car gets painted!

And no I'm not rich. lol I dont really spend much money on other stuff. like I'll go to a club once a month if even. Not big on going all out clothes shopping. So I manage to save up quite a bit.

As for the emblems, I'm just going to keep original BMW emblems on the car. (I like keeping the simple things original)

Thanks for the comments guys! I'll keep you all posted!

Jay