PDA

View Full Version : Who currently has the best rep for...

billyr3d
03-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Looking for a very reputable southern Ontario Turbo Tuner for building a reliable s52 turbo set up. Anyone have recommendations?

spoony_prelude
03-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Give Rmp a call. Rocco and Mark do great work and I know they gave lot's of experience building turbo/supercharged motors!

I also plan to turbo my motor over next winter, and I plan to have RMP do the work.

Jay

meanm3
05-21-2009, 05:13 PM
techmax can handle anything you want, ask for attila or tony

PedroBMW
05-25-2009, 04:42 PM
If I were you I would buy technique tuning turbo kit or TRM turbo kit and have it installed by one of these local guys rather than have them build you a custom kit. I doubt any of these guys have any experience tuning s52s. At least with the kits you know exactly what kind of power and driveability you can expect when its done, and also exactly how much it will cost you.

Jon@Bimmersport
05-29-2009, 12:43 AM
TT STG 2 setup for sale incl. AA race exhaust

PM is key ;)

Trouble65
07-15-2009, 02:27 PM
^^^wtf?^^^

MiroE36
07-15-2009, 02:52 PM
who knows...

e36nut
07-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Weir Engineering in Burlington does custom turbo fabrication and does amazing work from what I have seen. They are on the North Service Road at Appleby Line.

bitchfree
05-26-2010, 08:51 PM
socks and a hat ;)

billyr3d
05-29-2010, 12:14 PM
socks and a hat ;)

???lmao!! who is this?

MarkD
06-02-2010, 11:33 AM
If I were you I would buy technique tuning turbo kit or TRM turbo kit and have it installed by one of these local guys rather than have them build you a custom kit. I doubt any of these guys have any experience tuning s52s. At least with the kits you know exactly what kind of power and driveability you can expect when its done, and also exactly how much it will cost you.

I've tuned lots of S52's both here and in the USA. And I've tuned f/i s52's.

JINT
06-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Why not buy a kit and just install it yourself? than for sure u know it's gonna be reliable when you've spun every bolt yourself.

billyr3d
07-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Why not buy a kit and just install it yourself? than for sure u know it's gonna be reliable when you've spun every bolt yourself.

I do turbo installs and custom builds personally and professionally.. I should have written the original post much better.

I'm wondering if there are any OEM ECU tuners in the toronto area. By that I mean a full dyno tune of the stock computer. To date I only know of 2 in the US. Sending ECU's to the US is a pita.

Ps. If anyone is looking to have a winter project done to perfection, I am currentlly considering vehicles. BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE/AUDI

MarkD
07-24-2010, 10:31 AM
I do turbo installs and custom builds personally and professionally.. I should have written the original post much better.

I'm wondering if there are any OEM ECU tuners in the toronto area. By that I mean a full dyno tune of the stock computer. To date I only know of 2 in the US. Sending ECU's to the US is a pita.

Ps. If anyone is looking to have a winter project done to perfection, I am currentlly considering vehicles. BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE/AUDI

I have all the equipment to do that (DIMSPORT RACE 2000) but doing that kind of tuning rarely pays off so I'm not very interetsed to do it. But what you also have to realise is that to attach the emulator to the ECU, you have to de-solder the flash memory and solder in a header to connect the emulator. Sure I can do it all, but it gets expensive. And these days I'd rather not be near exhaust fumes. I know one tuner who was in the last stages of a brain tumor which they are quite sure was caused by being at the dyno for too long.