PDA

View Full Version : Questions about 318 intake

Slowered318
02-19-2002, 01:38 AM
Does anyone know if a mass air sensor for a 4 cylinder bmw is a good idea and where can I get one for cheap. I want to be able to manualy adjust my air fuel ratio.

Also has anyone vented their valve cover like they do on muscle cars so i can cap the factory vent because it pumps hot air into my intake. Is this a good idea and will i gain from it? The engine has an oil line to heat the intake manifold so it should still run good in cold weather.

Autotechnica
02-20-2002, 09:10 PM
Why don't you just get an ajustable fuel pressure regulator and a Auto Meter air fuel ratio guage? You could easily fine tune fuel mixture this way and it would be much cheaper than getting a new MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor to compensate ($600+). I don't even know if that would work, most people have used the FPR's sucessfully.

Bryan

Slowered318
02-21-2002, 01:37 AM
Where can I buy an FRP???

Also can i get a 2 or 3 guage cluster for my E30 A pillar or whatever you call it on the left above the dash guages? I would get the one that goes below the heater controls but I like that spot for my smokes and cell phone. I also wanna run oil temp and pressure guage.

thanks a lot by the way MTRD

Ryan

Autotechnica
02-21-2002, 04:37 PM
You can get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator from BMP online (this is a very good one but also overpriced) or you can get them locally at Motronix Motor Sports, just talk to Dave, he is around this board once in a while I'm sure he can hook you up.

As for the guages, I suggest getting the Auto Meter A/F ratio guage, it has multi-coloured lights and it looks pretty trick. I haven't seen too many "A" piller guage mounts for BMW's, but I'm sure you can find one if you look around. I know Bavarian sells the one that goes in your console with all the oil temp. and pressure guages. It has 3 holes for 3 different guages. Let me know if you ever need help with the wiring, I've done this many times.

Also, if you want an auto meter, please let me know. I can get these things pretty cheap. Good Luck

Bryan