PDA

View Full Version : MORE 18" RSs!!

Nick_V
03-10-2009, 12:21 PM
For such rare wheels, they seem to be changing hands pretty frequently. The tires on these look brand new and would be worth almost half of the current price to buy new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110358073688

europrince
03-10-2009, 12:38 PM
meh, nice but they're done.

Nick_V
03-10-2009, 01:39 PM
like I've said before, that's like saying E30s are 'done'. They are timeless, incredibly sought after classics and will certainly only appreciate in value. In fact, they already are. I still regret selling mine, but we all have to make sacrifices sometimes. If I had the dough lying around I'd be all over these - the current price is way too low for the apparent condition and if they sell for that price with tires someone with have gotten a killer deal.

They only way I would agree with your statement is if you are talking about trying to put them on a newer BMW. If you have an older (pre E36, say) Bimmer, these would be the wheels to have IMO. Classic style never gets played out.

Fel
03-10-2009, 03:02 PM

Not done.

Although, as far as I'm concerned, those 18" ones look like crap. Don't like the massive outer ring.

StikiGreenZ
03-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Those are ugly. ^^^ Outer ring looks so thick.

spoony_prelude
03-10-2009, 03:04 PM

Please explain what you mean by "done".

RS's are classic, not done.

Jay

spoony_prelude
03-10-2009, 03:07 PM
like I've said before, that's like saying E30s are 'done'. They are timeless, incredibly sought after classics and will certainly only appreciate in value. In fact, they already are. I still regret selling mine, but we all have to make sacrifices sometimes. If I had the dough lying around I'd be all over these - the current price is way too low for the apparent condition and if they sell for that price with tires someone with have gotten a killer deal.

They only way I would agree with your statement is if you are talking about trying to put them on a newer BMW. If you have an older (pre E36, say) Bimmer, these would be the wheels to have IMO. Classic style never gets played out.

I'm with you Nick! Well said!*th-up*

Jay

europrince
03-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Please explain what you mean by "done".

RS's are classic, not done.

Jay

Done, meaning they're so '90s. If you're going to do them, it should be a car from that area, not a recent car.

spoony_prelude
03-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Well from what I read in the original post this has nothing to do with putting these rims on a modern car. Your first post stated these rims were done. Now your explaining that by done it means they belong on a car of their own era meaning 90's? Well In case you dont know Rs's came out in 83. So might aswell tell all these E30 guys to loose the rs's and go with something more time appropriate. right?

Jay

arsevader
03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Beautiful rims.

They are no Ronal Bears but I wouldn't mind them.

Nick_V
03-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Beautiful rims.

They are no Ronal Bears but I wouldn't mind them.

ROFL!!! I've never heard of those before - too funny! In case I'm not the only one late to the party, here's a pic. I thought it was a joke when I googled it, but apparently they are pretty rare and somewhat sought after. Thanks for the laugh, arsevader.

///Maluco
03-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Those look like they have 16" or 17" center basketweaves hence the large dish effect on the 18" barrels.

Nick_V
03-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Those look like they have 16" or 17" center basketweaves hence the large dish effect on the 18" barrels.

yeah they do. The centers are interchangeable with the 17" RS wheels. So when people say they're rare, they're really just talking about the lips and barrels. And yes, a lot of people think they're ugly but I thought they looked sharp on my car.

spoony_prelude
03-10-2009, 09:02 PM
^^^They did look nice! Hopefully mine will too! I say more pics of your E34!!!

Jay

///Maluco
03-10-2009, 10:18 PM
yeah they do. The centers are interchangeable with the 17" RS wheels. So when people say they're rare, they're really just talking about the lips and barrels. And yes, a lot of people think they're ugly but I thought they looked sharp on my car.

I actually prefer the different diameters.

For older BMW's, my favourite combo are 17" barrels with 16" gold centers...yeah baby!!!*rockout*

BTW...yes...more pics of your E34 please.

spoony_prelude
03-11-2009, 12:03 AM
I actually prefer the different diameters.

For older BMW's, my favourite combo are 17" barrels with 16" gold centers...yeah baby!!!*rockout*

BTW...yes...more pics of your E34 please.

I say we find you a set of rs's;) Alan would love it!

Jay

Nick_V
03-11-2009, 01:37 AM
here are a couple more from the 5 series forum. I'll just post the link so that I don't post the same pics all over the place. http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68226&page=12

The car will look nothing like this if any of you ever see it in person, however. Those pics are from before I had the M-tech mirrors or the B&B exhaust. I'm thinking of getting rid of the smoked tails (still not sure) for the stock ambers (I actually like them on a black car) and I have a set of style 5s that I'm gonna refinish with black centers and polished lips. I also have a set of AC Schnitzer type 1 reps that I'm thinking about repairing, but for some reason I feel like I'll be cheapening the car by putting reps on it. Not a diss to anyone who has them, just my own personal...uhhhh....problem I guess, cause the real ones are $$$.

Funny enough, I just started tearing down the car tonight for a bit of an overhaul. My cousin and I got the rear subframe ready to drop out (except for removing the driveshaft and one or two mounting bolts) so that all rear bushings and mounts can be replaced. We ran into some trouble with the exhaust and had been drinking a bit by that point, so decided to be smart and call it a night. Of course, while I was under there I realized that my brake and fuel lines are holding on by cunt-hairs, and will all have to be replaced:eek:

The clutch and flywheel should be in by Friday, so It'll be an interesting next couple weeks. The part I'm least looking forward to is the upper oil pan gasket, which started to leak big-time a couple weeks before I took the car off the road for the winter. Entire oil pump has to be removed and motor has to be lifted off mounts slightly, which is no fun on the V8. I don't know if BMW ever meant to put a V8 in the E34 from the get-go, but shit is CRAMMED in there. Anyhow, as I said, had some drinks tonight....sorry for the ramblings.

m3convert
03-11-2009, 02:47 AM
there not done and dont get me wrong there beautiful rims but there over played and on top there rare common lol ive seen some for 4gs a piece maybe thats why there rare ive seen so many now on threads that there getting boring as farts

Trouble65
03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
And yes, a lot of people think they're ugly but I thought they looked sharp on my car.

Yes they do.