PDA

View Full Version : In The Market for a E90/E92 335 good deal?

2K6E60
03-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Hey fellas, i am looking into an e90/e92 335.

Not looking to purchase new... Ive been doing some research and found that the 07's are now becoming more readily available (assume 24 month leases). However, i have also read that the 07's were notorious for heating issues and required an oil cooler installation.

I have been to a few dealers (Budds / Mississauga / Autohas) and typically a CPO e92 is going for 40-45k. E90's are anywhere between 32-45. This is for Sport and Prem packs. Ofcourse this is dealers asking price without negotiations.

I have managed to get the E92 with 42K KM down to 38,000 cash. Is this a good deal?

Ive also taken a look at Germanstars site and i see they have a few e92's in the mid 30's. I assume these may be american cars.

any insight as to what constitute a "good" deal in todays markets?

TIA for your help.
Kris

damameke
03-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I guess anytime you dont have to pay their asking price is a deal..
is it a fair. good deal? that you have to answer yourself.

dealer's pricing is always higher due to CPO and is also negotiable, you stated that you can have a E92 for $38, I think that is a fair deal, average prcing for 07 is above $40.

In today's market buying new has more incentives, like low interest rate but you can
always present a low offer and work up from there.

Merski
03-10-2009, 01:35 PM
The over heating is not a issue if you plan on driving the car normaly. i spoke to a mech at Budds BMW and what he told me was that it all started in Cali where they would race these cars in like 30 degree weather with out giving the car a break. This Obviously would result in over heating. Plus BMW added some sort of extra cooling system because of the complaints. i dont know id ask around and see what people have to say about the 07 models. i think they would be a better bargin than a 08-09 335i

lvan
03-10-2009, 01:49 PM
There was a 07 328 convertable on kiji for 35k about a week ago . It had 22k. Considering you are buying it outwright, I dont thing it is a good deal. It is okay deal I would say. Also with E92 design, I would not mint cabrio. Better resale as well.

e46_Fawaz
03-10-2009, 01:58 PM
market is pretty bad right now. so, you can bargain a lot! and it's going to get worse in the summer...

propr'one
03-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Consider buying in the states. Some of my buddies have said car prices have fallen by 20% in the last year alone in many parts of the USA.

sski
03-10-2009, 04:40 PM
I just checked the BMW site. For an 2007 CPO 335 they are asking between $40-45K, so 38K is not bad.

I bought my X3 as CPO and haven't regretted it. I found they don't budge too much on their CPO vehicles, though.

Some will tell you they think CPO is a rip off and you can get the vehicle from "Honest Bob's Used Cars" way cheaper. I personally like the piece of mind. Plus, if you find the car has lots of problems over the next few years, you can dump it before the CPO program expires.

slemmer
03-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Consider buying in the states. Some of my buddies have said car prices have fallen by 20% in the last year alone in many parts of the USA.

So has our dollar. So it's all relative now.

2K6E60
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Yes Buying in the states is kind of out of the picture due to such a weak cdn dollar.

I would love to spring for the Cabrio, but the ones i have seen are quite expensive.

I can put down 20K cash, rest i will just put on the line of credit. So ofcourse i will be looking for the best deal i can.

I too prefer a CPO for peice of mind. However, if the car has less than 80K im happy as it will still be covered under the new car warranty. This is why its not such a bad deal if i buy a non CPO'd car.

One of my customers buys and ships quite a few cars to the middle east. He emailed me today telling me they have quite a few e92's coming up for auction. Im waiting to see what he has to offer before making my decision.

If you guys find a good deal locally, please let me know! it would be greatly appreciated. I frequent Auto Trader / Kijiji and BMW website.

lvan
03-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I don't know about E92, But I can see E90 is taking a serious hit. Saw some E90 330 FOR 24k on kiji. I think there are nicer cars as 250IS and New C class. That would be why some early E90 are coming down in price. I would go for E92. The E90 sedan will look too dated down the road. As any BMW, 2 door will do better on resale, and it looks better. IMHO