PDA

View Full Version : dodging kids could be expensive??

Another BM
03-07-2009, 03:35 PM
so a kid jump in my way last night and i dodged him and smacked a curb..
my control arm is bend to ****... i already picked up a new one..

could this be a DIY, or should it be dropped off at a shop.
i already picked up a brandused control arm, but it needs new bushings and boots.... where would be the best place to pick them up from and what brand.

2001 330ci.

dbworld4k
03-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Did you call out the kid's parents? I would have rained hell on them. Similar thing happened to me last summer as I was driving down a street and saw 2 teenage girls riding bikes on the road. I slowed to a crawl of about 30km/hr as I had a strong feeling they wouldn't be paying attention and decide to weave around the road. Well guess what - one of them did exactly that and swerved to the left right as I was approaching. I slammed the brakes and stopped in time ofcourse and honked. I gave her one hell of a lecture at the top of my lungs when I got out of my car.

Needless to say, bitch went home crying. Idiots.

craigIS
03-07-2009, 04:00 PM
i had a similar situation about a week ago. i was driving along, and a teenage girl decided it would be funny to jump in front of my car. i stopped, backed up (the road was empty, it was late) rolled down my window and was lie"WTF are you thinking, cars dont stop on command!!!" the group of girls told me to eff off! i replied by throwing my Tim Hortons coffee in front of their feet, and they all got soaked. I then drove away into the night.

if the parents were there, i would have made them pay for any repairs caused by avoiding the teen. i was lucky, and didnt hit her, and did run into anything.

my dads friend says its not fun to DIY in your case. says its not a hard task if you know what your doing, but if you dont, you should take it to a shop.

Another BM
03-07-2009, 04:07 PM
i'm not worried about the diy...
from what i can see the control arm is bent...
i don't know if anything is broken. i dont wanna spend my time replacing something and then find out my work was in vain and other parts have to go in..

what else could have been ****ed..

///MG
03-07-2009, 04:07 PM
i replied by throwing my Tim Hortons coffee in front of their feet, and they all got soaked. I then drove away into the night.

Did you roll up the rim to see if you won 1st???

King Luis
03-07-2009, 05:42 PM
where did this happen?

near my dad's old company some kid ran across the street, my dad slammed on the brakes hit the guy and he ran off. my dad waited for the cops to arrive and people were saying that the kid was screwed in the head. he has a slight dent on the hood and the cops just said go on your way and this hasn't been the first time.

Boss17
03-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Stupid kids. I remember driving home late on a Friday night and decided to drive through whitby (drunken college girls, can't go wrong lol). So anyways, I start driving on brock towards King St (Downtown whitby, where all the bars are). There were these kids walking in the slow lane and pretending to jump out infront cars. I slowed down and told them to get off the road unless they wanted to be in the obituaries the next day.

I kept driving and saw a cop, I pull next to him and call him out "excuse me, officer!" I had to say this 3 times to get their attention. I told them about the kids walking in the road to which the officers response was "ahhh they're just drunk". I was completely shocked at the officers answer, I just nodded my head from side to side and kept driving.

Mikeee46coup
03-08-2009, 11:27 AM
If the impact was hard enough to bend the arm,odds are the wheel bearings will go soon too, if not allready shot, may aswell replace'em while you're at it.

Dado 540
03-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Aligment must be shot too! You must have been going fast.

In the end, you didnt kill a child. eff the control arm, its a piece of metal.

Blades
03-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Aligment must be shot too! You must have been going fast.

In the end, you didnt kill a stupid child. eff the control arm, its a piece of metal.

fixed

Blades
03-08-2009, 02:40 PM
so a kid jump in my way last night and i dodged him and smacked a curb..
my control arm is bend to ****... i already picked up a new one..

could this be a DIY, or should it be dropped off at a shop.
i already picked up a brandused control arm, but it needs new bushings and boots.... where would be the best place to pick them up from and what brand.

2001 330ci.

that really sucks I would have given the parents hell.

Mystikal
03-08-2009, 08:56 PM
2 teenage girls riding bikes

I gave her one hell of a lecture at the top of my lungs when I got out of my car.

Needless to say, bitch went home crying.

Ohhhh shit, don't mess with THIS guy!

*shiner*

dbworld4k
03-08-2009, 09:32 PM
;) Ya dun kno me, Jay. YA DUN KNO MEEEEEE!!! lol.

Jim .E.
03-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Lets say in the event they jump in front and you end up hitting them. Would you still be at fault?

damameke
03-08-2009, 10:28 PM
I hit a guy dashing out from the front of a truck to my lane awhile ago
and he went tumbling down to the curb.

I stopped my car and went out o see if he was ok.. just some bruises
and I told him to sit down while I called the cop.

He didnt want me to but someone already did.

Told my story and lucky for me, I have 2 witnesses who saw what happened
, I wasnt charged but had a dent on my hood.

So if there is no witness, the cop has to assign fault(I think)

Now that weather is better, there will be more kids walking or goofing around...
drive with caution....never know what these kids will be doing

propr'one
03-09-2009, 01:32 AM
Lets say in the event they jump in front and you end up hitting them. Would you still be at fault?

yes. If you hit someone with a car, it will always be your fault.

i almost wrote off my e36 because some crackhead was trying to get traffic going by to hit him.

Another BM
03-09-2009, 08:31 PM
well.. i picked up the control arm for $60.. used one that also came off a 330.

i took it to a body shop.
nothing else got damaged.. i'm really lucky i guess.
i gave them $100 to install and new bushings for the control arm.

i was in rush to get my car back.. so i need to get it alined.
so far the damage is $160 and i put on my spare winter rim.

anyone know a good alinement shop??

Spoose
03-10-2009, 03:55 PM
A few years back, a friend of my brothers was running across the street to get to the mall during their lunch hour and he was clipped by a car. The cops came a charged him with jay walking and obstructing traffic. The driver got nothing. We thought for sure the driver would get in trouble but nope, my brothers friend got screwed.

Axxe
03-10-2009, 04:17 PM
A few years back, a friend of my brothers was running across the street to get to the mall during their lunch hour and he was clipped by a car. The cops came a charged him with jay walking and obstructing traffic. The driver got nothing. We thought for sure the driver would get in trouble but nope, my brothers friend got screwed.

As he should be.

bmwm5lover
03-10-2009, 04:38 PM

I hope you are saying that he got what he deserved after pulling a dumb move like that.