PDA

View Full Version : 1992 325i M-Tech vert.

///Mmm
03-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Hey guys i just got a new car...its not great condition but its ok and it needs work but i got it for a steal and *rockout* i think its worth the time and money

its a 92 Alpine white II on white leather,which is not really white anymore but will be when the car is done*th-up*

The only thing i don't like on the car is that its auto. but this will also be taken care of!

I dont know how to post pics so here is the http://img7.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=image261u.jpg

can someone please post the pics!

Tell me what you guys think.

EDIT: The car will be completely restored , will start working on it next month hopefully !

adam325i
03-07-2009, 12:53 AM
looks nice, what are you planning on doing to it? how many km? any rust? looks good tho should get some interior shots

///Mmm
03-07-2009, 01:05 AM
thx for posting the pics!

The car has 230k, there is alot of rust, the interior is not really bad, needs shampoo but i think the front seats have to be redone and its needs a new roof.

Ill try posting more pics tomorrow after i wash it and hopefully if the weather is good , ill put down the top and cruise downtown hehe, can't wait for summer

richie_s999
03-07-2009, 03:41 AM
I like the bumper and valance kit, I have an oem set from 1 91 318is if your wanting to trade let mew know!!! Got a manual, shift linkage and drive shaft from a 325i for you to swap that auto too!!!

spoony_prelude
03-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Wow great buy man! Serious fixer upper!

Goodluck on the car!

Jay

e30_kid89
03-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Nice buy....Fix the rust though. Sweet to see a OE Fitting Mtech2 E30...

matty.dc
03-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Looks good. Can't wait to see it 100%.

punnzzells
03-08-2009, 12:58 PM
nice vert... don't sell the body kit... that's what makes the car worth anything.

theox69
03-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Actually, funny story behind that car...
I remember seeing it on the street one day as I was walking, and since I have an e30 myself, I decided to take some pics.

I went up close to the car, and I'm pretty sure the kit's fiberglass...
So, either I'm completely wrong (and I'm sorry)...
Or you got ripped.

///Mmm
03-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Actually, funny story behind that car...
I remember seeing it on the street one day as I was walking, and since I have an e30 myself, I decided to take some pics.

I went up close to the car, and I'm pretty sure the kit's fiberglass...
So, either I'm completely wrong (and I'm sorry)...
Or you got ripped.

hehe no the kit is original *smoke*

The work on the car will get done in this order:

1- Fix the rust and repaint the whole car.
2-Redo the whole interior.
3-Convert to manual (Gearbox) and install a new roof.
4-Suspension,rims.
5-Turbo or Supercharger.*uzi*

Its going to take alot of time and money,but i always wanted a nice white on white vert and i prerfer to build the car instead of buying a clean one.

Hopefully ill be able to attend a Maxbimmer cruise with this car later that year*wiggle*

Anyone know where i can get a stromung muffler for the e30 with the angled tips?

theox69
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
If you decide to sell the front seats when you redo your interior, gimme a shout.
I'll be glad to take them off your hands!

theox69
03-08-2009, 10:04 PM
By the way, the only place that sells Stromung mufflers for the e30 is understeer.com

johnnynapalm
03-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Nice project...I have the same car (5sp without the rust) that I have been slowly restoring for the past two years.
Leatherique.com has the lotus white dye for your seats...alot of work but turns out well...unless you have deep cracks in areas that get alot of abuse (ie driver's bolster)...the crack filler doesn't hold up well...you are better off buying new skins in that case.

Did yours come with the hardtop?...seems to be pretty standard with the Canadian Mtechs.

Keep us posted on your progress!

theox69
03-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Since I'm pretty sure this is the only alpine mtech2 vert in Montreal, I'm pretty sure I saw it on Queen Mary and Decelles today, right next to the UofM -- HEC.

Awesome car, it looks great!

///Mmm
03-19-2009, 06:37 PM
hehe yep that was me, i study at UofM so i was looking for parking.

The car is going to the bodyshop next week hopefully.

theox69
04-11-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw your car again!
on Cote-Vertu, right next to the mall.
I was in my Schwarz e30 going the other way; your car looks incredible!

///Mmm
04-12-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw your car again!
on Cote-Vertu, right next to the mall.
I was in my Schwarz e30 going the other way; your car looks incredible!

I think that wasn't me, cause i can't recall going there.
Maybe you meant another area but iam sure i didnt pass by cote-vertu in more than a month, and i usually never miss e30s driving around hehe*wiggle*