PDA

View Full Version : Air and Rain Cooled Turbos, would be snow and ice cooled if it was here.

Striker
02-25-2009, 12:18 AM
How about these Air and Rain Cooled Turbos? Would be snow and ice cooled if they were here.*rockout*

Striker
02-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Some more. The monkey has some nice pieces in there but man did he ever do a number on the hood. They totally choked the turbos with the two u traps :D

///Mmm
02-25-2009, 12:25 AM
This car looks really familiar, is it from Jordan and its a 4 door ?

Its a very nice car!

craz azn
02-25-2009, 12:25 AM
That car looks pretty questionable to me, and thats being polite! :huh?:

///Mmm
02-25-2009, 12:26 AM
OHH it is the one from Jordan!!!!
there is even a video on youtube

Striker
02-25-2009, 12:40 AM

Man I dislike bad mouthing people, but these dudes had the guts to throw this poor car on the tube? :eek:

Striker
02-25-2009, 12:49 AM

Been away from the forums for a while, just learn that you are building a 2002. I had a 74 2002 back in Guyana. It was imported from Canada but done up as a rally replica and had won a few auto shows here. I kicked myself in the nuts for not bringing it back here. Was all flared out with wide wheels, tasteful low profile wing, 5 speed tranny added, two dual side draft 48 webber carbs, side mounted dual exhaust with headers. Car was painted candy apple red and all the hoses in the engine bay were stainless steel braided with matching candy apple red end fittings. Had a aluminum flywheel which was lightened as well, powered moon roof was retrofitted. Euro body kit with huge 8" Hella rally lights gave it a real cool look.
On down shifts it used to throw 10 foot flames from the straight pipes :D

Sold it to a buddy for cheap and he rolled it after I left totaling it. Please email me pics of your 2002.

BTW, I did bring the Formuling steering wheel from it, if you need it I can send pics for you.

craz azn
02-25-2009, 01:16 AM
Been away from the forums for a while, just learn that you are building a 2002. I had a 74 2002 back in Guyana. It was imported from Canada but done up as a rally replica and had won a few auto shows here. I kicked myself in the nuts for not bringing it back here. Was all flared out with wide wheels, tasteful low profile wing, 5 speed tranny added, two dual side draft 48 webber carbs, side mounted dual exhaust with headers. Car was painted candy apple red and all the hoses in the engine bay were stainless steel braided with matching candy apple red end fittings. Had a aluminum flywheel which was lightened as well, powered moon roof was retrofitted. Euro body kit with huge 8" Hella rally lights gave it a real cool look.
On down shifts it used to throw 10 foot flames from the straight pipes :D

Sold it to a buddy for cheap and he rolled it after I left totaling it. Please email me pics of your 2002.

BTW, I did bring the Formuling steering wheel from it, if you need it I can send pics for you.

Hey Raph, haha yea, I am going to try and scrape this project together finally, after all these years I've had it... Had it since I was 15 *drink*

I want to see pics of your '02, I need some inspiration *th-up* Once the weather warms up, I'm going to be working on that car full tilt. First thing I want to get it painted, because majority of the parts I already have for it. I got an Autopower roll bar, its not great, but the price was right (free) so dad is gonna build the rollcage using the Autopower bar as a base for the main hoop and get that done for me. I am going to try and do all of the bodywork, except paint (I'll have a friend shoot it). I'll take pics of it at that point since it won't look as embarrassing then :P

As for the wheel, what I really want is an old BMW Motorsport wheel (Ital Volanti). Its got a Personal in it right now, which actually isn't too bad to be honest.

The only pics I have of it currently are those I posted a year ago in the Classic section. As you can see, its not much at the moment haha. Cheers buddy!

Striker
02-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Wow that sounds like an awesome build, mostly a track car eh? Sadly, I do not have pics of my 2002, that was about 17 yrs ago. Man you don't need an inspiration, that car is one of a kind, just build it LOL
I wish BMW would have remade it as it was rumored in 2002, would be great to see them around again.

Knowing the expertise you and your Dad possess, that car would be a scorcher, hope it's done soon.
I found a pic of the steering wheel, its missing the original center piece but I think the Momo's will fit. I can machine an adapter to fit the e30 center piece you see there, but its ugly, better to get the right center piece.

If you want it, you can have it, no rips or damage, just pay shipping and let me know your address, the Ital Volanti will be hard to come by.

richie_s999
02-25-2009, 09:57 AM
WOW you think he did a number on his hood, take a look at the fron end and what he did to get that intercooler in.......chop chop

I think its actually in the bumper but infront of the valance

Striker
02-25-2009, 11:50 AM
WOW you think he did a number on his hood, take a look at the fron end and what he did to get that intercooler in.......chop chop

I think its actually in the bumper but infront of the valance

Lol ya I saw that too. The car would have been a sweet had they not butcher it up like that.

SamE30e
02-25-2009, 11:55 AM

Looks pretty shotty.

I'm diggin the Dbillas ITB's.

Striker
02-25-2009, 12:03 PM

Ya thats what caught my attention. I brought in some parts I will make some ITB's with.

SamE30e
02-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Dbillas ITB's = Baller status red.

Fel
02-26-2009, 01:31 PM

Link?

That thing is hilarious

E30M42cab
02-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Looks pretty shotty.

dbilas ITB's cost 5x more than your damn E30! Wish I had them:(

///Mmm
02-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Link?

That thing is hilarious

I looked for it but i coudln't find it...although i saw this car in jordan getting tested and it was still burning tires all the way to the redline in 4th gear!!!

Ill try finding the video later.

SamE30e
03-01-2009, 01:28 AM
dbilas ITB's cost 5x more than your damn E30! Wish I had them:(

10x..

I think they go for around 3k