PDA

View Full Version : Bavarian Motors in Markham?

Steve E28is
02-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Looking for a new shop to take the cars to, can anyone offer up opinions on this shop in particular? They are close to work so any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Fel
02-23-2009, 03:55 PM
I've been there a few times...

Expensive labour, but they do seem to know what they're doing. Every time I've been there, they usually have a minimum of 3 race-prepped cars in the bay being worked on and they are sponsored, so they get their track hours in. Steve, the man in charge, has been working on BMWs for 25+ years. He's a typical old guy, to the point and never smiles, but they'll take care of you if you got the money.

Ted in T.O.
02-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Eddie in T.O. takes his E12 to Steve to take of it. Bavarian is a sponsor of Tedfest as well.

DINAN 3
02-24-2009, 12:59 AM
I've been there a few times...

Expensive labour, but they do seem to know what they're doing. Every time I've been there, they usually have a minimum of 3 race-prepped cars in the bay being worked on and they are sponsored, so they get their track hours in. Steve, the man in charge, has been working on BMWs for 25+ years. He's a typical old guy, to the point and never smiles, but they'll take care of you if you got the money.

2nd that (Steve = *mumble*).....used to go there when he was much cheaper...though he does good work.
I'm also in the neighbourhood, but find it worth my while to take the cars to Charlie (Bimmersport).

lvan
02-24-2009, 03:51 AM
I THINK same scenerio like Autotrend. The amount for the labour at the end is way more than the dealer. From what I see, those guys have their cash cow and that how it goes for them.

///Maluco
02-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Steve,
I've been taking my E12 to Steve for over 12 years now.
I agree that he can be grumpy at times...well, perhaps too many times, but it's all good. I crack several jokes and he smiles at the end of it all.
He's a great guy and you know how I am with my oldie goldie...
As for his prices, well, it all depends on what you need and the type of work you get done. The shops rates have gone up just like everywhere else in the industry.
He's got experience behind him and that is what matters.
Feel free to give him a try!

damameke
02-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Bimmex is a sponsor of this forum and he has a shop by Scarboro.
check the sponsor thread for the exact location, they only service BMW and Mini

His rate is comparable to RMP and Bimmersport, speak to Alex.

bimmerjoe
02-25-2009, 12:43 AM
all i know about this shop is we deliver aloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooot of parts to them

Oyster
03-06-2009, 01:26 PM
all i know about this shop is we deliver aloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooot of parts to them

that means they replace like the dealer!

Robb
03-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Arent all mechanics grumpy ? LoL j/k
Ive used Bavarian Motors along with Raven Performance from 1999-2003 when I had my E30 M3. They know their BMW's. Arpi anD Steve used to work on my car.

Nick_V
03-07-2009, 01:02 AM
sooo, a grumpy old bastard that charges more than the dealer.......doesn't sound too enticing to me.*mumble*

///Maluco
03-07-2009, 08:36 AM
sooo, a grumpy old bastard that charges more than the dealer.......doesn't sound too enticing to me.*mumble*

hmmm...no! A grumpy old person at times...yes.
..and he's still cheaper than the dealership.

Nick_V
03-07-2009, 09:27 AM
I was kidding anyway lol. I'd rather take my car to an indy any day, especially if you have an older bimmer, even if the price was close. Lots of times at the dealer they are scratching their heads when it comes to E34 and there's only like 1 tech that has worked on cars that old.

lvan
03-07-2009, 12:21 PM
I was kidding anyway lol. I'd rather take my car to an indy any day, especially if you have an older bimmer, even if the price was close. Lots of times at the dealer they are scratching their heads when it comes to E34 and there's only like 1 tech that has worked on cars that old.

It depends on the place. Some dealers get older cars quite often. Also if it is 95 E34 , those cars were covered until 99/00. Let alone all alusil/niaksil issues that dealers had to deal with lol. E34s are still in their minds.