PDA

View Full Version : alpine deck

noodles101
02-22-2009, 05:36 PM
hi im posting here because not alotta ppl go on the audio section
i have a E36 328i and my jvc deck got fried
so today i bought a alpine deck http://www.crutchfieldcanada.com/Alpine_CDA_9886_CD_Receiver_CD_Receiver_p/500CDA9886.htm

i got it from bestbuy
and i wired all the wires..same colour to same colour..jus like b4
and my radio works and everything except it wont play CDs or MP3 CDs
any1 had this problem b4 ? is it the deck ? or wiring...
because i got it exchanged and the one i got does the exact same thing. ( no sound from mp3 cds or normal cds)

Jim .E.
02-22-2009, 05:41 PM
hi im posting here because not alotta ppl go on the audio section
i have a E36 328i and my jvc deck got fried
so today i bought a alpine deck http://www.crutchfieldcanada.com/Alpine_CDA_9886_CD_Receiver_CD_Receiver_p/500CDA9886.htm

i got it from bestbuy
and i wired all the wires..same colour to same colour..jus like b4
and my radio works and everything except it wont play CDs or MP3 CDs
any1 had this problem b4 ? is it the deck ? or wiring...
because i got it exchanged and the one i got does the exact same thing. ( no sound from mp3 cds or normal cds)

sometimes the output is set to an AUX instead because most of the time people hookup an amp. Check the settings or run through the initial setup [there should be a button to press that will activate it]

Bliss
02-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Does the radio work perfectly? You hear music/sound out of all speakers? What happens when you put in a cd?

noodles101
02-22-2009, 05:44 PM
the radio sound is very crisp and loud and i love the sound.
and yes i was playing around wit the equalizer
sound to all 4 speakers and tweeters
and when i put the cd in i can hear it spin and it says its playing..like the timer is going
but no sound at all

Bliss
02-22-2009, 05:54 PM
and when i put the cd in i can hear it spin and it says its playing..like the timer is going
but no sound at all

Hmm, just like Jim E suggested, make sure your output is set to "CD", and not "AUX"(although im not sure if your cd would even run with "cd" not selected). Also try playing a different cd, a store bought one. Mute key? lol..not too sure what other reasons that may cause a cd from not playing.

noodles101
02-22-2009, 05:57 PM
lol thx guys i'll try that
i wanna try to figure it out myself b4 i take it to a shop lol
mm could it be my harness?
because my jvc deck cd player stopped working and then it worked and everything died

Bliss
02-22-2009, 06:04 PM
lol thx guys i'll try that
i wanna try to figure it out myself b4 i take it to a shop lol
mm could it be my harness?
because my jvc deck cd player stopped working and then it worked and everything died

I kinda doubt it would be your harness. Once your deck receives power, and your speakers are properly connected, which they are since your radio is working, then i would think the cd should work also.

maybe some odd option on your deck that is turned off/on.:huh?:

noodles101
02-22-2009, 06:06 PM
lollll yeah i'll try it tonight when im bored haha.
thx for the help guys.
JIM.E if i bought ur flipout deck in time. i wudnt have this problem lol

T.Dot_E30
02-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Double check the wiring is correct, matching the colors are not the right way to do it, im surprised it even works!

Most manfactures use different color schemes.

noodles101
02-22-2009, 06:57 PM
lol really..so colour matching is no good? lol...
ahhh i'l jus take it to a shop lol i give up
my deck b4 worked perfectly fine..lol colour matchingggg haha

Jim .E.
02-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Double check the wiring is correct, matching the colors are not the right way to do it, im surprised it even works!

Most manfactures use different color schemes.

LOL +1 i laughed so hard when i read this. check the wire harness you wired something wrong

noodles101
02-22-2009, 08:45 PM
lol can any1 find me a link on this wiring stuff
cuz wat i ahve rite now is..
colour to colour LOL haha.... and i cudnt find anything on google

Spoose
02-22-2009, 10:26 PM
but no sound at all

if you are getting music when it on radio then it is not your wiring. i'd check the aux/cd thing. read the manual also, might be an answer in there.

Trouble65
02-23-2009, 04:57 PM
There are 2 blue wires coming from the deck one for antenna and the other for amp I believe. Hook both blue wires together. Your deck will work.

noodles101
02-23-2009, 11:52 PM
There are 2 blue wires coming from the deck one for antenna and the other for amp I believe. Hook both blue wires together. Your deck will work.

if i do that .
where do i hook up my blue wire from my subwoofer amp?

Trouble65
02-24-2009, 04:20 PM
if i do that .
where do i hook up my blue wire from my subwoofer amp?

Hook them together.

///MG
02-24-2009, 07:43 PM
you should have invested extra $50 and got yourself 9887. :)

Striker
02-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Almost sure its your programming, cant be a wire connection issue if the radio is working. I have the 9887 and its loaded with great features. Go into the programming, scroll to audio and then look for CD type I think. There you will have several choices, from MP3/cd to wma/cd etc. Also check to see if the output is not set to AUX or ipod. Those HU are very good and are on the higher end scale, dont part with it, be patient, read the manual and figure it out,

Trouble65
02-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Almost sure its your programming, cant be a wire connection issue if the radio is working. I have the 9887 and its loaded with great features. Go into the programming, scroll to audio and then look for CD type I think. There you will have several choices, from MP3/cd to wma/cd etc. Also check to see if the output is not set to AUX or ipod. Those HU are very good and are on the higher end scale, dont part with it, be patient, read the manual and figure it out,

Sorry to say, however you are wrong on this one. I have the same deck in the 97 328is. The stereo worked fine, the MP3 and CD player worked however there was no sound. That's how I know what his problem is.

Striker
02-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Sorry to say, however you are wrong on this one. I have the same deck in the 97 328is. The stereo worked fine, the MP3 and CD player worked however there was no sound. That's how I know what his problem is.

I cant understand what you are saying, the MP3 and CD worked but there is no sound, if there is no sound its NOT working.
After installing over 500 Alpine HUs from the oldest to the latest, I have never heard of this. Its not a problem with the HU its the installer.
If you are telling me that the radio works and the CD or MP3 has no Audio out I will call Alpine now to find out why as I have NEVER had that happen to me or to customer HUs I installed.

Striker
02-25-2009, 10:09 AM

You are telling the guy to hook up the antenna output to the amp trigger to get the deck to work?????? The CD needs neither of these to make the HU work! In fact I tested mine with both disconnected and mine worked perfectly.

TNation
02-25-2009, 10:13 AM
that's not a bad deck! good purchase!

Striker
02-25-2009, 10:36 AM
that's not a bad deck! good purchase!

Yes, they are great HUs I just hope the OP keeps it. If you scroll through my thread here http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112146&page=3 you will see the installation of mine I just did.

TNation
02-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Yes, they are great HUs I just hope the OP keeps it. If you scroll through my thread here http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112146&page=3 you will see the installation of mine I just did.

wow great install! looks clean!

Trouble65
02-25-2009, 06:13 PM
You are telling the guy to hook up the antenna output to the amp trigger to get the deck to work?????? The CD needs neither of these to make the HU work! In fact I tested mine with both disconnected and mine worked perfectly.

I'm telling him to do what ALPINE told me. I'm sure ALPINE knows more then all of us put together. I had the same problem called ALPINE I followed their instructions and all of my problems were fixed.

noodles101
02-25-2009, 07:56 PM
oh ok . wats the difference between 9886 and 9887
because iwud've gotten the 9887 if i saw it
but at best buy 9886 is all they have
yeah im gunna try to install it again following the manual

noodles101
02-25-2009, 07:58 PM
thx for all the help guys

noodles101
02-28-2009, 07:33 PM
yeah i connected the blue wires and everything works perfectly (y) thx guys