PDA

View Full Version : Years ago I out ran a cop in a very short race

SWHEEEET
02-18-2002, 09:18 PM
Now this was years ago (probably around 6 or 7 years ago). The car I was driving was an '84 Camero. I was driving north on the new(er) highway 6 (also known as the Hanlon Parkway in Guelph). I was approaching a bridge and before I knew it I passed through the cops radar.... I was going about 120 km/h. The speed limit was 80.... Well I floored it even harder. I am not sure if it was out of fear that I thought I would be able to get away. At the next next (which leads to a street) I exited at the last second probably going faster then 60. Surprisingly the car handled that corner really well. The cop was hot on my tail lights and siren. I took another turn after about a block and then another and then another. The whole time slowing down my speed as I was in a residential area now ;)
I guess luck was on my side I lost him.... Now this is the silly part. Me not thinking at all I figured they would be looking for a dark blue camero and I thought the best thing to do is hang out in some spot for a few hours and then drive straight home. So what place did I pick? Tim Hortons! Oddly enough it worked
*par-t*
For the next few weeks though I drove really slow... :D

azn330i
02-18-2002, 09:56 PM
wow ur lucky man!! an angel mite have been on ur side *angel*

but anyways, i've heard a lot of these stories about running away from cops. It sure sounds fun but what if you get caught, i dun even want to think of what the consequences are. :eek:

i try my best to avoid a ticket and i haven't gotten one yet.......we'll just hafta see what happens to me, the first time sirens start sounding behind me ......

'88 325e
02-18-2002, 11:37 PM
I have had my share of speeding tickets (2 nice ones). I just slowed down right away. Pull over and tell him the truth. I'm not tryin' to get out of a ticket or anything and they (cops) will usually take it easy on ya. I tell ya it is not worth it running from cops.

SWHEEEET
02-19-2002, 09:06 AM
I too have had my share of speeding tickets.... three all together over a peroid fo almost 11 years. The other thing is you see them on the news... Bad accidents from speeding cars like the one last night involving a Porche 911.

djcontra
02-21-2002, 09:54 AM
I've avoided two tickets by losing cops before.
reason being if i get one more ticket i get my license suspended.

First time i was racing along kingston road doing about 180km/h and then the sirens start blaring. I pull off at the first side street i see (since i know the area really well since it was near where i lived) i raced around the neighborhood knowing the cop was not too far behind. Believe it or not, i pulled into somebody's driveway and parked my car, then jumped out and hid in a bush. when the car drove by, i started to walk away. I picked up my car about an hour later without a problem, but i was freaked out for the rest of the night.

The second time was also right near where i live, and i raced a buddy's MX-6. Needless to say i won the race, but during the 3rd gear doing about 120km/h in a 50 zone the sirens start blazing, they were actually waiting for a race to happen (which usually does down this one strip of road). At the end of the street, my buddy pulls into a busy town house parking lot hoping to lose them amongst the cars, and i just pulled over the roundabout and proceeded to get out of my car, knowing this was my last ride ever. The cop pulls up beside me and says "Having Fun?!?!?"
and then i was just in shock and said nothing. He asked "Who was in that other car??" and i just stated "Just some guys i met up with here". The cop just rolled into the parking lot looking for my buddy's car, and i had the choice of waiting, or bolting the F*CK out of there! I decided to do option 2. The cop left me there and i was out of his sight! I just floored it and parked at my home, then walked back to find my friend. He got questioned by the cop, but didn't get a ticket. I dont know why the cop let us both off, but i praise him for being a cool fellow. I think it's because we both took the situation maturely and didn't give the cop any hassell, but i'll never know.

1st race was in my yellow f355 replicar, and the 2nd was in my bimmer.

Harry
03-01-2002, 12:15 PM
yeah, ive done the same, 3 times. Best time was on the 401, out near montreal. I passed a cop going about 160 and knew i was screwed. at this point I had 14 points on my licence, and therefore nothing to lose. So i floored it. I got up to about 210 and kept going. First offramp i saw, i got off and got back on going the opposite direction. Passed the cop going the opposite way, with sirens flashing. Laughed my ass off about that one.

Ive also had more than my fair share of tickets, 7 in the last 6 years, so insurance is apparently a bitch now.

SWHEEEET
03-01-2002, 01:19 PM
Remind me NOT to get in a car with you... LOL j/k
*smoke*

Harry
03-01-2002, 07:59 PM
thats what most people say..

Remind me NOT to get in a car with you... LOL j/k

SickFinga
03-06-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by '88 325e
I have had my share of speeding tickets (2 nice ones). I just slowed down right away. Pull over and tell him the truth. I'm not tryin' to get out of a ticket or anything and they (cops) will usually take it easy on ya. I tell ya it is not worth it running from cops.

that's so true. I got just one ticket. I was doing 154km/h on the 401. I saw a cop but it was too late, soon he was on my back
I pulled over, he asked Do u know why I stopped you. I said YES
he asked and how fast were you going? I said 130?
he said I got 154 on my radar.
he took my drivin licence and said that he is putting 115km/h on the ticket so I'm not gonna get points

Furious
03-18-2002, 08:53 AM
wow bro thats crazy,, i was gonna try that once but i think i was too scared to outrun a cop even thoughhe was going the wrong way when he busted me,,,,anyways your lucky that the tim hortons trick worked,,,,

Mr seville
04-02-2002, 06:45 PM
there was probably the same cop going through a drive through saying to himself "should i catch him and give him a ticket or finish my donut?" :D

M5 Fanatic
04-25-2002, 03:00 PM
Man! without these*angel* Yall would all be recieving these posts in jail*devil*

+the cops don't actually do anything that makes u pullover....stopping is "recommended":D *th-up*

Everyone knock on wood!!!!

-Real Rebels Ride Bavarian Rockets-