PDA

View Full Version : Just wanna say hello :)

maxoutput
02-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Hello all, am new in Ottawa Forums, just wanted to say hello, hopefully will get to know more BMW enthusiasts here *wave*

Manimillion
02-19-2009, 01:38 AM
sup... what u drive?

maxoutput
02-19-2009, 01:51 AM
sup... what u drive?

1993 BMW 320i, Jet Black Color, I got the car completely stock 8 months ago with 185,000KM's, up untill now things i've added:

- 18" Falken rims w/low profiles
- SCCA M3 Spoiler
- 2/12" subwoofers with 1500 Watts/Max output by MA Audio

On my list for "to do next" is:

- Get the windows tinted
- M3 Bumpers
- Performace Chip
- Custom CAI with heatshield

ericdalinda
02-19-2009, 01:54 AM
hmmm... i feel like someone in the next 2 posts will tell you to get motor tranny swap...

pics of said car

maxoutput
02-19-2009, 02:12 AM
hmmm... i feel like someone in the next 2 posts will tell you to get motor tranny swap...

pics of said car

I was thinking about doing the swap myself, but instead i thought of saving up for an M3 and get it from a US auction for cheap and transport it here to Ottawa. I was down in Fresno California last summer and went to Copart Auction there and saw few M3's and lots of E36's, i couldn't believe their condition for an auction car, really some of them are in great shape, so now am saving up its expensive coz shipping cost around $1800 + insurance + customs, basically, u just need around $2500 to get the car into Canada and registered.

I really can't help but keep spending $ on my current 320i, so probably it will take me some 5 years till i save up for an M3 lol.

When i clean my car up i'll take some nice pics in a sunny day, since i want to use them for my forum signature as well ;)

Bliss
02-19-2009, 04:42 AM
Welcome. Congrats on your ride.*th-up*

Fel
02-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the board!

Manimillion
02-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Have you looked into how much BMW is going to charge you to legalise the vehicle to be driven in Canada?

You can now go only through BMW

topaz330ci
02-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Dont even think of buying a car from the states anymore! I did it during the summer time when the dollar was equivalent to the US. It was worth it then but now its def not! I drove mine back from North Carolina, 16 hour drive, i did it one shot, stopped to piss and eat twice, i only had to fill up once! Beamers are the best on the highway trust me on that!

My best advice, since i've done it, purchase a good deal here, and forget about going to the states! way less complications and headaches! Unless you really really want a specific exotic package on a m3 that you cannot find here! The $ Conversion will get you up to 4 thousand easily on just the exchange rate, yet alone duty taxes which will be another 2 thousand USD minimum!

a straight grand to BMW to get the required paperwork! and all other expenses for shipping like you said, I would just drive it though...

Anyways,

Welcome, i live in Ottawa as well, Obama is in the building!

Manimillion
02-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Dont even think of buying a car from the states anymore! I did it during the summer time when the dollar was equivalent to the US. It was worth it then but now its def not! I drove mine back from North Carolina, 16 hour drive, i did it one shot, stopped to piss and eat twice, i only had to fill up once! Beamers are the best on the highway trust me on that!

My best advice, since i've done it, purchase a good deal here, and forget about going to the states! way less complications and headaches! Unless you really really want a specific exotic package on a m3 that you cannot find here! The $ Conversion will get you up to 4 thousand easily on just the exchange rate, yet alone duty taxes which will be another 2 thousand USD minimum!

a straight grand to BMW to get the required paperwork! and all other expenses for shipping like you said, I would just drive it though...

Anyways,

It still might be worth it to some people who want a rust free/salt free car. But it wont' be cheaper then Canadian prices for sure.

Dollar is at 1USD = 1.25CDN today. Which is good for me *rockout*

maxoutput
02-19-2009, 12:44 PM

Anyways,

Am going to the states this summer for vacation (April or May), i'll see if i find a cheap M3's to buy from an auction for parts, i'll strip it there and bring the goodies back to Ottawa, i'll be posting in this forum when i'm in the US coz if anyone wants something i can get for u a bit cheaper than those dismantlers. I might fill a car shipping container there and ship it back to Ottawa who knows sometimes u get tempted with the prices u see there.

topaz330ci
02-19-2009, 01:43 PM
shipping parts is another story...

maxoutput
02-19-2009, 03:05 PM
shipping parts is another story...

If shipping a car story didn't work out well, i'll go with the shipping parts story lol, always options out there but $ tells u which option to choose

Dr. Flyview
02-19-2009, 04:44 PM

Not anymore...see the buying from US thread.

topaz330ci
02-20-2009, 09:45 AM
ya thats true!