PDA

View Full Version : To Rotate or Not to Rotate that is the ?

dodoamore
02-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Fellas, (looking to do some wrench'n this long weekend)

I know there are mixed views depending on set up/model/tires/ect. However looking to get your recommendation on my current set up: 99 E39 540i, same size directional tires, non staggered set-up

Thinking of the following Tire Rotation, for the above set up: Front to Rear (rear driver to front driver & rear passenger to front passenger..vice versa, respectively)...

Ps...did I blow a fuse or something: I have to pull my driver door handle twice to exit (I understand the concept of once to unlock, the second to open the door) but shouldn't at least the front unlock automatically once ignition is off or is there a way to program the system to unlock front doors once ignition is turned off?

Thanks in advance*wave*

slemmer
02-15-2009, 01:03 PM
I usually do a same side rotation for 4 since the spare is usually a different type

Dado 540
02-15-2009, 02:17 PM
I know you can have the settings changed so that the door locks atomatically once you start driving (20km/h+), or just have them stay unlocked untill you press the buttom in the center console. As for the unlocking with ignition off, i have never heard of that programming

richie_s999
02-15-2009, 03:57 PM
you can only rotate dirrectional tire front to back, if you change sides the tread will be wrong.

Qube
02-16-2009, 02:29 AM
Mine locks at 20 and unlocks with ignition off. I have the eLight module though :) Must be possible.

dodoamore
02-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks for your input gents., weekend rotation revealed a rear passenger broken spring., time for summer mod., :).,