PDA

View Full Version : ERT supercharger

blk325i
02-13-2009, 06:27 PM
when I first installed my ert supercharger car was running fine till I hoped on the highway and punched it when I got off the highway car started smoking and I realized that a valve cover close to firewall was leaking oil right on exhaust manifold and it started to burn.
I was told that Iím lifting the valve cover up a bit under boost and to unplug the return line from valve cover that goes to oil catch can and plug the oil catch can, but then I had huge vacuum leak when I did that
I did little bit research on the net and saw a pic of something that Iím not familiar with what it is or how does it work but i think that would solve my problem if someone can tell me what it is and where i can get it would be greatly appreciated

here it is a pic of it. It looks like a one way check valve or something like that
it comes off the valve cover with the hose then the silver box and then rest of the hose

Thanks
Ivan

spoony_prelude
02-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Supe Charger Inside! WTMFL

Hmm. The previous owner of the kit isn't able to explain this? I'm just wondering if youve asked him because he must of had a way to prevent this from happening.

Jay

///tyron
02-16-2009, 09:47 PM
seems like your check valve might be sticking.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2408/7enginebayms7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

this is the way i will be running mine.

ps not my car, just one i found online

blk325i
02-17-2009, 04:46 PM
jay - kit was bought off ebay can't find the previous owner anymore

///tyron - i had it that way put i couldn't plug a oil catch can with anything to make a good seal had a huge vacum leak

everlast
02-17-2009, 05:36 PM
The vacuum leak would have been from the intake side of that hose, not the valve cover side.

Put the catch can back onto the line going to the valve cover, then follow the other end to the intake somewhere, remove it and plug it shut. That's where the vacuum / boost leak would come from.

PedroBMW
02-18-2009, 12:32 AM
You either need to have a check valve to prevent boosting your crankcase, or you can run your crankcase vent to the intake before the supercharger (but after the MAF) there is no boost there but there is enough vacuum to evacuate the crankcase. Make sure its after the MAF though or else you'll have trouble because you'd be venting metered air. Good Luck.

///tyron
02-18-2009, 12:33 AM
edit:

Go to trm sites, they sell a pcv check valve. I think its around 20 bucks.

blk325i
02-18-2009, 04:19 PM
thanks guys i'm going to bring the car home in couple weeks and i'm going to try to figure out what i can do vent valve

velocity
02-19-2009, 11:03 PM
a bit more info on your car will help find the problem, obdI and obdII s/c set ups are a bit different, i do a lot of the force induction here in edmonton so i have access to detail instructions from different kits, i can email to you and yopu will have a better idea what are you doing wrong.

blk325i
03-04-2009, 01:01 PM
velocity - the car is 97 m3 obdII but i'm running obdI m50 manifold
when i installed the kit boost gauge was sitting on vacume side on 11-13 psi that was after i unpluged the vacume hose that goes from valve cover to catch can. I spun a bearing in the blower so i pulled it off and re-attached the vacume hose back to catch can and now my boost gauge on vacume side is sitting 20-25 on idle so i know where i had a vacume leak but i was just wondering if i should put some kind of a one way check valve into the line from valve cover to catch can so im not forcing the air into the valve cover?
thanks