PDA

View Full Version : Am I able to get a good exhaust sound if I change my muffler to Borla?

summit425
02-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Hi guys

Currently I am running magnaflow exhaust and I didn't remove any of catback.

Am I able to get a good exhaust sound if I change my muffler to Borla compare to magnaflow exhaust??

I am not thinking of changing other than just a muffler.

Your input would be really appriciate it.

Blades
02-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Yes, I love the sound of a Borla system but then again .. anything almost sounds better then a megaflow.

Try some youtube searches on your car with a type of exhaust system. or just type in BMW (exhaust name).

Gamite
02-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Try some youtube searches on your car with a type of exhaust system. or just type in BMW (exhaust name).

totally agree. This is what I did to get my eisenmann.

No one can tell YOU what YOU think sounds good, only YOU can tell.

Listen to various systems, and if you can, find someone local to listen to after you've decided.

ImolaZHP
02-13-2009, 02:19 PM
i have a borla catback with the 1st resonator removed, and i personally love the sound. as does everyone thats heard it.

It's has a deep growl down low, and a little raspy past 3k rpm. It's not loud or obnoxious, but definitely has a "presence".

as for your only changing the muffler, just get a full catback. it will be bolt-on versus cutting and welding. ie. you can do it yourself.

You could also just remove a resonator or two from your current exhaust, it will be cheap (<$100) and will definitely change the exhaust note. For reference, the resonator closest to the engine will make more of difference.

bmwm5lover
02-13-2009, 02:44 PM
check out Billy Boat tri flow.
Amazing fit and finish, and the sounds is ORGASMIC!

Blades
02-14-2009, 10:38 AM
check out Billy Boat tri flow.
Amazing fit and finish, and the sounds is ORGASMIC!

ya .. sounds like someone farting in the bathtub. Hence .. Billy Boat.

j/k :p there cool

ZHP_Bimmer05
02-15-2009, 10:18 AM
for wa car? if e46 i recommend the "UUC Corsa TSE3"

1BADBMR
02-15-2009, 02:59 PM
If you have a E36, listen to ActiveAutoweke's exhausts

Gamite
02-16-2009, 12:21 AM
It's for E46. AA was my favorite for E46. It wasn't too loud.