PDA

View Full Version : thinking about trading UUC TSE2

328IScreamer
02-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm going to have alot of ppl calling me an idiot for this but I was wondering if anyone is willing to trade thier exhaust of close to equal value for mine. The UUC is wicked but my garage is underground under ppls houses and i'm getting complaints that I wake everyone up in the morning when I start my car. Also neighbours are biginning to complain when I come home late at night I wake their kids up.
This exhaust is LOUD but sounds really sweet and its a real original sound. Its deep and sounds mean.
I'm looking for something louder that stock that still has a pretty mean sound to it. I'm not to familier with e36 exhausts but if anyone is interested let me know

JUS_CRZN
02-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I would tell them do deal with it, and tell them be glad you don't own a harley.

prince1
02-08-2009, 05:16 PM
what kind of exhaust do you have?

dbworld4k
02-08-2009, 05:17 PM
It's in the title: UUC TSE 2....

Michel
02-08-2009, 08:28 PM
actualy your exhaust is a TSE3, it was made to fit E46 6 cylinders... but Charlie made it work with minor adjustments for E36 ;)

amazing sounding exhaust btw. seriously the best sounding IMO

328IScreamer
02-08-2009, 08:38 PM
thanks for the correction! :)
wow can't believe I had it wrong all this tme haha

prince1
02-08-2009, 08:53 PM
ya man keep it
tell your neighbors to get ear plugs

Fe9L
02-09-2009, 01:45 AM
Do they have the right to complain and force you to change it??? If not, then just keep it if you like it and don't rip it!

JUS_CRZN
02-09-2009, 08:51 AM
I know someone in the same situation with a srt4. There is no muffler from the factory on that car, is he suposed to sell it because of the noise it makes? I say no. Where dose it stop? My friends f350 diesel is loud at idle. These people will complain regardless. Its just like the people who live by the airport and complain about the noise. Sooner or later they will forget about it.

TNation
02-09-2009, 02:02 PM
let them whine.

craigIS
02-09-2009, 06:59 PM
I would tell them do deal with it, and tell them be glad you don't own a harley.

^^agreed

tell them to deal with it. if you had a harley they would tell you its too loud, even though it would be stock.

just tell them that you will change it if they pay to buy you a new exhaust.
its not like your made of money.

ACS_DAN
02-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Throw on some Resonators?

EstorilM3
02-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Supersprint make an exhaust for the E36, although the workmanship and fit are crap. Had it for about a week, 'til I got the UUC RCS36 (same shiet as TSE models except one is for the E36, and the other is for E46).

The UUC is loud, inspite of the so-called "sound cancelling" technology (it's all marketing BS), when bootin' it, but is relatively tame when doodling about.

Supersprint is much quieter than the UUC - more of a mellow sound.

If you're reving the engine more than you need to to get the car moving, neither one will satisfy the neighbours. I drive mine very gingerly while in the neighbourhood, even though nobody has complained, so it's alright.

You probably should go back to stock, otherwise the neighbours might call the police or vandalize the car.

EstorilM3
02-09-2009, 09:54 PM
let them whine.

'til someone vandalizes the car or meets you with a baseball bat?
Not a smart move!

maroli
02-09-2009, 10:22 PM
if the exhaust is legal (forgot how many db is allowed) in terms of how loud it is, tell them to f**k themselves and that its legal. I'd also make sure your parking garage has cameras, lol

craigIS
02-09-2009, 10:27 PM
if the exhaust is legal (forgot how many db is allowed) in terms of how loud it is, tell them to f**k themselves and that its legal. I'd also make sure your parking garage has cameras, lol

hmm :idea:

get DB reader if you can. then, that will take care of police, keep it in the car, and if you get pulled over, or police come to your door, youll be able to show them. also find an print out the section of the HTA that states what the max db is.

i still say the neighbors have to put up with it.

JNSchnitzer
02-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Haha I don't think that it's legal. I got pulled over back when I had the 328is :). With that said, you should NOT sell it haha.

Dado 540
02-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Just place yourself in one of those parents' shoes. If you had a young baby, that gets woken up by an exhaust, im pretty sure you would get fed up too. I mean you got every right to your exhaust, but you gotta be curteous too. Just shut the car off and push it in the garage lol.

P.S. Can we hear a sound sample of the exhaust?

Trouble65
02-10-2009, 05:45 AM

Actually if it's not stock he has no ground to stand on. Not addressing the issue could cause the car to become a target, if you know what I mean.

damameke
02-10-2009, 06:43 AM
Your heart probably told you to change your exhaust, else you would not have post this requesting for a trade.

Many advices and legalities... follow your instinct....

Boss17
02-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Would you sell this exhaust outright or trade plus cash for my stock exhaust? I'm interested if the price is right

R.S.C
02-12-2009, 10:51 PM
You want to do a trade plus cash, I have 2 mint m3 exhaust if your interested,

richie_s999
02-17-2009, 03:04 AM
its amazing that people will complain cause it woke them up at night, but when you try to sleep during the day, they can make all the noise they want. I say check if its legal and if it is then keep it on the car. I work shift and every Thursday Morning 8am, they cut the grass at my Townhouses, 10 Moers and trimmers and such running for a few hours will wake up the dead, keep the Exhaust if its legal!!!!