PDA

View Full Version : Hello from new member

Brent
02-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say hi adn introduce myself. My name is Brent, I am new to fixing up cars, going on forums, and bmw's. So, not sure how much I can offer in the way of help right off (lol), but I'm learning fast and already have a few spare parts (sunroof motor, anyone?).

I live in Whitby and own a 1989 325is. It's 5 speed, red, 313, 000 km. It was in pretty rough shape but is coming along, slowly but surely! I'm am often out of junkyards, going over parts cars, etc, always searching for parts and often online trying to figure things out (did I mention I am new at this?)

I really enjoy working on my car, and I met some of the people that are on the forum while buying parts. They seemed very nice and knowledgeable, so I thought I'd join to meet people who have the same passion for E30's.

I look forward to talking with you.

Brent

PinkieMoscow
02-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Welcome Brent! Hope you enjoy your stay. Post a pic of your crr, how long have you had it? Any mods or future mods?

supernaught
02-08-2009, 08:15 PM
welcome.
glad to see you got a nice low mileage IS. post pics

T.Dot_E30
02-08-2009, 09:00 PM
welcome, post some pics!

Wannabe
02-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Welcome to the e30 Cult, you will never leave! haha

richie_s999
02-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Hey you signed up!!!! More east enders!!:)

Brent
02-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the welcome. Ok, here are some pics of my car that the previous owner took (I usually keep my cars a lot cleaner). I was looking at all the other cars, please don't judge me too harshly-lol! Right now the car looks better (or worse, depending on your viewpoint!), but I'm making good progress:

-I have all new (used, but in really good shape) leather seats, ready to go in
-the interior is 100% cleaner (not a big deal, but I had to mention it based on the pictures!)
-driver's side has almost all of the bodywork done (metal, fiberglass, filler)
-2 new front fenders pulled from the junkyard are just being cleaned up then they are going on
-I have also fixed the holes in the floor of the trunk on one side
-rusted sunroof replaced
-plus a bunch of minor things like exhaust (removed, used muffler ready to go on), heat shield replaced, new battery, sounds easy but with all the rust some of these were actually pretty difficult

So, in terms of mods, I'm going to get it up and on the road (it does run) for summer (I'm hoping July-August), and probably work on making it faster, etc the following winter. As you can tell, I've already got my work cut out for me!

Talk to you soon,

Brent

Quack
02-09-2009, 09:24 AM
welcome to the board

MiroE36
02-09-2009, 09:54 AM
welcome to your new fulltime job

richie_s999
02-09-2009, 09:56 AM
glad to see that glove box found a good home, what you stashin in that drivers seat????

Looks like something in that pic??

Brent
02-10-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure what was in and around the driver's seat-that was all the previous owner's stuff. I think he used the car as a kind of file cabinet...at least it was all gone when I got it!