PDA

View Full Version : Clear bra

noid
02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Where does one get a clear bra put onto his/her car? and what is the cost?

PinkieMoscow
02-07-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm sure they should have some at la senza or la vie en rose =P

Stephanie
02-07-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm sure they should have some at la senza or la vie en rose =P

Damn! Beat me to it!! LOL

I get all of my really risque stuff from Aren't We Naughty... You should try there first... *angel*

PinkieMoscow
02-07-2009, 08:04 PM
C(^_^)o

Stephanie
02-07-2009, 08:06 PM
ok... but seriously... we're talking the 3M protective film, right?

solutions.3m.com should have some information about the stuff... most body shops will have it, as well, the dealer can also arrange for this to be done... as for the cost, it depends on the application!

x

zackman17
02-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Damn! Beat me to it!! LOL

I get all of my really risque stuff from Aren't We Naughty... You should try there first... *angel*

nah their sold out :)

PinkieMoscow
02-07-2009, 08:10 PM
What is this clear bra anyway? nvmed just read up on it

zackman17
02-07-2009, 08:12 PM
What is this clear bra anyway?

clear bra is a protective film that is installed on the front portion of a car hood. this protects your hood from rock chips ect. hence clear bra. you can also buy leather ones if your feeling a bit kinky. noid i sent you a pm btw

slemmer
02-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Also depending on the colour of the car the clear bra may yellow over time from the UV rays. Better than not having any protection especially if you do alot of highway driving!

zackman17
02-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Also depending on the colour of the car the clear bra may yellow over time from the UV rays. Better than not having any protection especially if you do alot of highway driving!

well yes and no it does depend on the product.. from the technical data from lamin-x states:

· Product is scratch resistant, but any created cracks or scratches will disappear with time.

· Resists yellowing with minor yearly maintenance (any UV protectant conditioner or screen - like Meguiars, Turtle Wax, Mothers, 303 aerospace protectant.

also has a 5 year guarantee from date of purchase.

Trouble65
02-08-2009, 08:28 AM

Well said!

joeyg
02-08-2009, 11:13 AM
This guy is highly recommended on E90post.com.

http://www.advancedmobilegroup.net/

His name is Eric I think and he goes by the name "Trova fortuna" on E90post.

I had work done in the past by John Legere of

http://www.3mtrimline.ca/front-page/index.asp

I was very happy with John's work.

Just email either of them and they will email you a quote....could run you anywhere from $300-$800 bucks depending on what you have done.

Joe

Stephanie
02-08-2009, 11:42 AM
IMHO, i hate the way they look... i hate that line they put on your front bumper and fenders... and that the laminate itself looks a lot like orange peel. :puke:

i'd rather paint my front bumper and hood annually (or as needed) than ever put that stuff on my car...

just my 0.02 ...

zackman17
02-08-2009, 01:23 PM
IMHO, i hate the way they look... i hate that line they put on your front bumper and fenders... and that the laminate itself looks a lot like orange peel. :puke:

i'd rather paint my front bumper and hood annually (or as needed) than ever put that stuff on my car...

just my 0.02 ...

that is true with some of the clear laminates they tend to have an orange peel like finish. lamin-x has stepped up their game and they have a new product available called Durashield+. DuraShield+ is a smooth, optically clear, film, which is virtually undetectable on vehicle surfaces. This film has no top-coat. This allows for better conform ability to curved vehicle surfaces, and also yields superior surface scratch resistance.

propr'one
02-08-2009, 11:03 PM
^^yeah, they're new products are good, but i'm with steph. I have to repaint my nosepanel/bumper this year cause of rockchips, and i dont mind doing it every few years.

Ask whoever's painting it to use lots of flecks agent and it will resist chipping a little better.